DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sarah Connor Chronicles Pilot Episode (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/507303-sarah-connor-chronicles-pilot-episode.html)

wmansir 07-27-07 12:38 PM

I'm not a big fan of Sunday night either, but depending on when they start this it might not see any football competition except for the superbowl. And the football audience seems to be right in their target demo, so they might not do to bad.

Michael Ballack 07-27-07 07:35 PM

Don't try to talk timelines and ages when talking about The Terminator movies, even the first 2 Cameron movies. Not a lot of continuity when it comes to ages and dates. ;)

Patman 07-27-07 09:48 PM

It was average, and somehow I can't really think that a show devoted to Sarah Connors' paranoia is going to last more than a dozen episodes. The episode felt like a compressed verison of half of T2, but with a smaller budget and an average cast.

DarthMarino 07-28-07 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by filmerp
The new baddie seemed pretty badass (though I didn't see why he couldn't have hidden the gun in a lunch pail).

Actually this was one of the cool things. He brought the gun back through time with him but since only living tissue can go through, he had to store it inside his endo skeleton.

The episode was actually better than I thought it would be. Could certainly be better but as a huge fan of the series I was pretty happy. I would have preferred if it stuck with the storyline in Terminator 3 but I'll just accept it as it's own tangent from the second film.

Original Desmond 07-29-07 04:18 AM

I wasn't blown away with this pilot, the characters haven't grabbed me yet but i guess it will take awhile to get used to a non linda hamilton sarah connor.

I do have a problem with these terminators being less advanced that the T-1000 in T2 which was 2 years ago.

I think it has potential and is still better than a lot of other action sci fi out there

Dead 07-30-07 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Why is it that mods here do not allow talk of bootlegging movies/DVD/music, but this is acceptable?

Any discussion of bootlegging *anything* will be closed or deleted. It is not necessarily improper to discuss content simply because not everyone has access to it though.

hdtv00 07-30-07 03:21 PM

Which is why it was wrong to lock the weeds thread earlier. It's not our fault some of us can get it legit knowing people and some goof sent someone a PM how he downloaded it. But anyway...what's next don't allow someone in a different time zone not to comment because they should'nt have been able to watch it yet lol.

Michael Corvin 07-30-07 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dead
Any discussion of bootlegging *anything* will be closed or deleted. It is not necessarily improper to discuss content simply because not everyone has access to it though.

Outside of one or two people here that may get a legitimate advance copy, it is clear that there is no other legal means to acquire these shows this far in advance.

I don't get why it is still open either, but I'm not going to be the one to rain on everyone's parade. Enjoy it. Just means you have to wait longer for episode 2 than everyone else. ;)

Dead 07-31-07 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Outside of one or two people here that may get a legitimate advance copy, it is clear that there is no other legal means to acquire these shows this far in advance.

I don't get why it is still open either, but I'm not going to be the one to rain on everyone's parade. Enjoy it. Just means you have to wait longer for episode 2 than everyone else. ;)

I think that you answered your own question. If even one or two can get it legally, or if people otherwise want to speculate, then it seems reasonable to allow it as long as there isn't anything promoting illegal activity.

Original Desmond 07-31-07 07:07 PM

Can we leave the morality discussion to a separate thread ? let's just talk about the damm show!

That's what we want and that is what the studios want (for people to talk about their new shows)

Rogue588 07-31-07 09:47 PM

As I asked in an earlier post (that for some reason disappeared), since they've stated that T3 didn't take place in "their" universe, are we only dealing with T-800s and T-1000s? And will a different person play the evil Terminator each week? Or will it be the same dude every week?

Patman 07-31-07 10:25 PM

For now, it looks like T-800s, I think.

DarthMarino 08-01-07 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
As I asked in an earlier post (that for some reason disappeared), since they've stated that T3 didn't take place in "their" universe, are we only dealing with T-800s and T-1000s? And will a different person play the evil Terminator each week? Or will it be the same dude every week?

According to IGN's interview with the shows producer there won't be a Terminator every week (not counting Cameron).

http://tv.ign.com/articles/798/798086p1.html

Original Desmond 08-01-07 10:36 AM

we don't want it to turn into freak of the week but i definitely want to see a few variations on the standard T-800 terminators.

Nuff 08-01-07 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by wmansir
I'm not a big fan of Sunday night either, but depending on when they start this it might not see any football competition except for the superbowl. And the football audience seems to be right in their target demo, so they might not do to bad.

Actually this is not quite true. NFL games run in 3 time slots on Sundays, early afternoon (noonish start), late afternoon (3pmish start) and evening which is just 1 game and is in primetime. SCC would have to start at probably 10pm or so to avoid all football.

Chip718 08-01-07 03:15 PM

Where are you guys viewing the piolt? I cant seem to find it. TIA

Dignam 08-01-07 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Chip718
Where are you guys viewing the piolt? I cant seem to find it. TIA

Read posts #9 and #10. It's ok to discuss your thoughts about any illegal downloads/torrents because everyone has to assume that everyone is in with the studio and has screener DVDs (even if they say "it's available in the usual places we can't mention ;) (even though that is mentioning them)"). Not that you have anything to worry about if you do openly admit to using torrents, though. The post will stay unless it's reported, and even then you're still ok. Your post may be edited, but the discussion will continue and there's absolutely no repercussions for talking about your illegal downloading habits.

I'd like to watch the episode, I've even offered to buy anyone and everyone's legit screener DVD for $20. Hell, I'll up it to $30. Anyone? :)

DJariya 08-01-07 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Nuff
Actually this is not quite true. NFL games run in 3 time slots on Sundays, early afternoon (noonish start), late afternoon (3pmish start) and evening which is just 1 game and is in primetime. SCC would have to start at probably 10pm or so to avoid all football.

All FOX affiliates have local news at 10pm, right now the SCC is scheduled to air Sunday's at 9pm. It's still going to face Sunday Night football on NBC as well as CBS and ABC's heavyweights.

Jason 08-01-07 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Do people with advance copies or knowledge of television/movies have any kind of NDA, like software beta testers? I always thought there were media blackouts for reviewers, etc. until release dates we imminent.

chase3001 08-01-07 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dignam
Read posts #9 and #10. It's ok to discuss your thoughts about any illegal downloads/torrents because everyone has to assume that everyone is in with the studio and has screener DVDs (even if they say "it's available in the usual places we can't mention ;) (even though that is mentioning them)"). Not that you have anything to worry about if you do openly admit to using torrents, though. The post will stay unless it's reported, and even then you're still ok. Your post may be edited, but the discussion will continue and there's absolutely no repercussions for talking about your illegal downloading habits.

I'd like to watch the episode, I've even offered to buy anyone and everyone's legit screener DVD for $20. Hell, I'll up it to $30. Anyone? :)

Alright, we get it! How many different ways can you say the same thing? The mod made a decision on it, so drop it.

wmansir 08-01-07 07:50 PM

@jason
There's usually not a signed NDA, but in a "I'll scratch your back" arrangement most people with access will honor agreements about blackouts and/or withholding specific details in order to get future access. Sometimes there will be a list of specific details they don't want revealed such as events, characters and guest stars.

Virtually all screeners are physically marked "Not for Sale or Rental" and most have even stricter terms in the video preamble, such as "Do not loan, rent, sell, give away or otherwise transfer to any third party for any reason."

Please stop encouraging copyright infringement.

BlackCapTen 08-01-07 08:57 PM

I really enjoyed the show, better than I thought it would be. Hope the story is interesting and Fox gives it a chance.

Dignam 08-01-07 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by chase3001
Alright, we get it! How many different ways can you say the same thing? The mod made a decision on it, so drop it.

I was just answering someone's question, relax.

chase3001 08-02-07 02:29 AM

I was just answering someone's question, relax.

I didn't mean to sound so harsh. I just hoped we could get back to the discussion of the show. :)

chase3001 08-02-07 02:31 AM

Just watched it again today, and I could have sworn that...

Spoiler:
the chick who plays Dysons wife, is she the same actress who played her from T2? I tried checking IMDb, but she didn't seem to be listed under the credits.