DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sarah Connor Chronicles Pilot Episode (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/507303-sarah-connor-chronicles-pilot-episode.html)

chase3001 07-24-07 11:40 PM

Sarah Connor Chronicles Pilot Episode

Anybody else watch it?

I was full of doubt that this show would be in any way interesting, but after watching the pilot, I can safely say I am intrigued.

Glau seemed miscast, but once she falls into her emotionless River-esque character she seemed more in place.

DJariya 07-24-07 11:50 PM

I heard that the original pilot is being fixed to:

Spoiler:
Tone down a violent shooting at a high school.....I guess they are being sensitive to the West Virginia incident.

Since FOX only ordered 13 episodes and this is airing in January...Do you think they would order 9 more episodes if the ratings are good? I would assume they could potentially finish shooting all 13 episodes by late fall or early winter.

hdtv00 07-25-07 12:18 AM

I wasn't that impressed myself. But I'd still give it a try.

critterdvd 07-25-07 02:04 AM

If the show gets the ratings then i'm sure the back 9 will come. If the show starts in January that means they have 6 months before season-finale time, which would translate into 24 weekly blocks, so there is room.

Ayre 07-25-07 06:09 AM

The first half was kind of a Roger Corman tribute to T2.

The second half was a lot more fun and original, but flat and emotionless. I found myself rooting for the robots. Didn't care for the leads and Lena Headey's accent slipped through quite often.

I see Chronicles as this years Jericho. Potential squandered by weak writing. It's only a pilot, so I give it C+.

Chew 07-25-07 06:50 AM

I can't say I thought any of the casting was good, especially Glau.

I know we can't get T2 and T3 Terminators on a TV budget, but the occasional flash of silver on somebody's face will get boring quick knowing what else is out there.

Gunde 07-25-07 09:22 AM

I was rather impressed. Thought it was cool.
And Lena Headey is fucking HOT!

wmansir 07-25-07 09:34 AM

I'm mixed on this one. There was some cool stuff, but then you could tell the budget hurt it at points. The sad part is it was because they were trying to do too much. They should look back to the original and learn that often less is more.

I don't think the casting was that bad, although I agree Glau was the weakest. I wonder if they will explain that she has a switch to go from "playing human" to "I.AM.A.ROBOT", maybe her real girl emulation software uses too much energy to be engaged full time.

dan30oly 07-25-07 09:52 AM

How did I miss this? When was it on?

Michael Corvin 07-25-07 10:27 AM

welcome to <s>illegal internet download</s> TV Talk.

dan30oly 07-25-07 11:09 AM

ahhh...ok.

Is there a legal network broadcast date yet?

DJariya 07-25-07 01:05 PM

January 2008

filmerp 07-25-07 01:40 PM

Not as downright terrible as I had expected from the trailers. The new baddie seemed pretty badass (though I didn't see why he couldn't have hidden the gun in a lunch pail), and the twist in the vault was pretty intriguing. They can't possibly be expected to have a "Terminator-of-the-week" for long, so I'll still tune in to see what kind of story arc they've conjured.

C-Mart 07-25-07 01:59 PM

When was that on?!? Are they going to repeat it?!? I figured they would promote the hell out of it, and at a minimum show a commercial or two during Hell's Kitchen or any other FOX show for that matter.

Michael Corvin 07-25-07 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by C-Mart
When was that on?!? Are they going to repeat it?!? I figured they would promote the hell out of it, and at a minimum show a commercial or two during Hell's Kitchen or any other FOX show for that matter.

erm... see post #10.

hdtv00 07-25-07 07:28 PM

We like on the show took a time jump to the future, watched it then came back. Better hurry and talk before that one a hole gets in here and starts to complain. Meanwhile I cd it all the time here and music section. But its ok until Dignam complains cause he's so cool.

Ayre 07-25-07 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by hdtv00
We like on the show took a time jump to the future, watched it then came back. Better hurry and talk before that one a hole gets in here and starts to complain. Meanwhile I cd it all the time here and music section. But its ok until Dignam complains cause he's so cool.

QFT .... Wait I haven't a clue what you just said.

http://www.babblefish.com/babblefish/

treszoks 07-25-07 09:37 PM

It was "meh". Better than the Reaper pilot but that isn't saying much.

mrhan 07-26-07 10:42 PM

I was kind of confused by the ending.

Spoiler:
If they jumped to 2007 what year does T3 take place? I haven't seen it in awhile and I don't have the DVD on hand so I can't reference it. Do they eventually go back after the series ends to 1999? Also, when was John born? On the computer screen it states that Sarah is 33 in 1999. How old was she when John was born? I'm assuming he's 14 in the series since they referred to the events in T2 as 2 years before and I'm almost sure they said he was 12. It's been so long since I saw any of the movies; I'm so confused.

CKMorpheus 07-26-07 11:19 PM

I enjoyed it and will definitely tune in a few more times to see the direction it could take.

DJariya 07-26-07 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by mrhan

Spoiler:
If they jumped to 2007 what year does T3 take place? I haven't seen it in awhile and I don't have the DVD on hand so I can't reference it. Do they eventually go back after the series ends to 1999? Also, when was John born? On the computer screen it states that Sarah is 33 in 1999. How old was she when John was born? I'm assuming he's 14 in the series since they referred to the events in T2 as 2 years before and I'm almost sure they said he was 12. It's been so long since I saw any of the movies; I'm so confused.

Interesting points you brought up:

Spoiler:
Since Terminator 1 took place in 1984, that would make Sarah 18 when she met Reese an eventually had John.

mrhan 07-27-07 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Interesting points you brought up:

Spoiler:
Since Terminator 1 took place in 1984, that would make Sarah 18 when she met Reese an eventually had John.

I'm not sure but I think there was a thread here a long time ago that explained it all. I did a search and came up with nothing.

chase3001 07-27-07 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by mrhan

Spoiler:

From what I recall:

Spoiler:
The creators of the show have said that in their universe T3 never happened.

Orbi-Wan Techno 07-27-07 07:59 AM

I believe that as with the comics and the books, there are several timelines based on the characters actions.

I liked the pilot episode.... was disappointed that it wasn't in 16x9, though.

DJariya 07-27-07 12:17 PM

I just finished watching it and I kind of feel a little guilty watching it 6 months early, but from what I read, FOX is having the producers make some revisions and certain scenes are being re-shot. So, this pilot in it's current incarnation won't be the one airing in January and I will gladly watch it again. Overall, I really liked it. The pilot almost felt like a "Mini" Terminator movie. I think Lena Headey is quite good as Sarah and I also like Summer Glau as the good Terminator. I'm curious to see the direction this goes after the pilot.

My concern is the timeslot....It's going to face a humongous hurdle being on Sunday's at 9pm going against Cold Case, Football and Desperate Housewives. As of right now, it's going to finish 4th in the timeslot for sure. I would prefer seeing this show on Monday's following Prison Break or maybe launch it after House on Tuesday's to help build an audience.