Rory Cochrane returning to CSI: Miami

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-07, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rory Cochrane returning to CSI: Miami

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...iami/800019076

« Ausiello Report
Scoop: CSI: Miami Exhumes Rory Cochrane
"I'm not quite sure how they're going to pull this off, but sources confirm that Rory Cochrane is returning to CSI: Miami this fall – three years after his character was fatally shot in the line of duty.

Cochrane – who asked to be released from his contract back in the summer of 2004 because "he couldn't really handle the grind anymore" – will appear in multiple episodes, beginning with this season's second. It's not clear, however, if he'll be reprising his role as presumed-dead criminalist Tim Speedle or playing a brand new character. Tim's evil twin, perhaps?

Which option would you prefer, Miami fans? And more importantly, does Cochrane's return qualify as a good thing? Sound off below!"
Old 07-22-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
A ghost. That sounds like a natural progression for this show.
Old 07-22-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
He screwed himself big time for leaving. He'd be making bank, and he'd have all the syndication money flowing in.

My guess is, he'll not be playing the same character as he did in the show previously.
Old 07-22-07, 09:08 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Perhaps he'll be appearing in flashbacks...who knows...?
Old 07-22-07, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Geofferson
Perhaps he'll be appearing in flashbacks...who knows...?
that's my guess as well. they'll end up with some new case that ties in with some old case he worked on.
Old 07-22-07, 10:26 PM
Suspended

I read about this last week, I can't believe it. He died! At least they're not really bringing him back to life and pretending it never happened..

Old 07-22-07, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
"CSI: The Frighteners"
Old 07-23-07, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would totally watch that with a bucket of popcorn in tow every week.
Old 07-23-07, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Originally Posted by gjamesm
It's not clear, however, if he'll be reprising his role as presumed-dead criminalist Tim Speedle or playing a brand new character. Tim's evil twin, perhaps?
When your character is autopsied on camera, you're not "presumed dead", you are dead.

Then again, maybe Kim Delaney will be shown in the opener waking up from a five-year dream...
Old 07-23-07, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't wait to see how David Caruso will beat last years should be, Emmy Nominated performance standing their for 20 minutes then taking his sunglasses off.
I don't know why I continue to watch CSI: Miami, season after season but I do & I always know that I'm in for some good ole' mediocre television. I'd love too see him brought back from the dead. It would make for some actually good storylines for CSI: Miami.
Old 07-23-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
I can't wait to see how David Caruso will beat last years should be, Emmy Nominated performance standing their for 20 minutes then taking his sunglasses off.
I don't know why I continue to watch CSI: Miami, season after season but I do & I always know that I'm in for some good ole' mediocre television. [/I].
As good a time as any to bring back the endless Horatio one-liner montage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sarYH0z948
Old 07-23-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I....liked Jim Carrey's Letterman appearance.
He did several takes of Horatio...and they were pretty good.
Old 07-23-07, 11:40 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I missed speedle, this could be fun! As long as they get rid of Wolff
Old 07-24-07, 04:30 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Never watched the show until I started watching it from scratch on DVD's from Netflix starting at the beginning.

I knew that Spoeed was killed off because someone I work with watches the show and let it slip, but that's ok.

It'll be interesting to see what will happen and what exactly his character will be. Since I haven't seen the episode he was killed off in, I'm guessing it was definitely proven he was dead - I'm sure there was an autopsy LOL

I'm guessing flashbacks too.

It's just one of those shows that I just can't help but enjoy - I know there's a fair few who would disagree.
Old 07-24-07, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
A network spokesperson has indicated that Speedle won't be back via flashbacks therefore my guess is that he will be seen via some kind of "dream" sequence.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/2007...7_b8ef92c82f3f
Old 07-25-07, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Alternative theory: The big villain this season is a Haitian drug lord and Speedle is his re-animated zombie henchman.
Old 07-25-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
I don't know why I continue to watch CSI: Miami, season after season but I do & I always know that I'm in for some good ole' mediocre television.
It takes place in Miami, so there i salways gonna be some good tits and ass on the show. I look at it as sorta Baywatch with cops.
And there you have it.
Old 07-26-07, 07:38 AM

^^^ Good way to put things into perspective
I wish Jack Lord was still alive & he could have had a special guest starring role on the show playing his legendary Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-O & could face-off against Horatio in the ultimate whos cooler match . IMO, Steve McGarett would win hands-down. It would be cool if James MacArthur guest starred on CSI: Miami for an episode or two in the next couple of seasons.
Old 07-26-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gjamesm
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...iami/800019076

« Ausiello Report
Scoop: CSI: Miami Exhumes Rory Cochrane
"I'm not quite sure how they're going to pull this off, but sources confirm that Rory Cochrane is returning to CSI: Miami this fall – three years after his character was fatally shot in the line of duty.

Cochrane – who asked to be released from his contract back in the summer of 2004 because "he couldn't really handle the grind anymore" – will appear in multiple episodes, beginning with this season's second. It's not clear, however, if he'll be reprising his role as presumed-dead criminalist Tim Speedle or playing a brand new character. Tim's evil twin, perhaps?

Which option would you prefer, Miami fans? And more importantly, does Cochrane's return qualify as a good thing? Sound off below!"
Don't you think Caruso could have given some advice to not leave a hit show to move on to bigger and better things???
Old 07-27-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ok, I'm bamboozled. That "newspaper clipping" is clearly a joke, but there's also a link to a yahoo article above that seems genuine.

So, is Speedle coming back?

-jason

-And I agree, of all people on the CSIs, you'd think the ones working with Caruso would know better than anyone about the "bird in the hand" concept of not leaving a profitable franchise, no matter how shitty the writing and plot devices are...
Old 07-28-07, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The only reason the watch this show is because it's the best looking show in HD in primetime. Those aireal shots of Miami or L.A or wherever they film this thing are beautiful to watch. Plus Caruso's "over acting" is a kicker
Old 07-28-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^^ Good way to put things into perspective
I wish Jack Lord was still alive & he could have had a special guest starring role on the show playing his legendary Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-O & could face-off against Horatio in the ultimate whos cooler match . IMO, Steve McGarett would win hands-down. It would be cool if James MacArthur guest starred on CSI: Miami for an episode or two in the next couple of seasons.

Agreed McGarett was the coolest cop ever! + his show had one of the best opening sequences and theme songs of all time. (cue dancing hula girl in the bar)

Mcgarett's Elvis hair is no match for Caruso's sun glasses
Old 07-28-07, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cochrane is doing just fine and didn't leave because of ego, so there's no comparison between his leaving Miami and David Caruso leaving NYPD Blue.