Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Man vs. Wild

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-07, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did anybody check out the new episode last week? it was awesome. once again bear grylls proved what a badass he was. too bad he couldnt have eaten that gator (it's lucky it's endagered) hahah....and when he drank the turtle blood. CRAZY. man i love that guy. looking forward to another one this week.
Old 06-19-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Man, it is nice to have this back on. Loved the episode. A lot harsher environment than I would have thought.

My boys and I love to watch this together.
Old 06-19-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Saw the new episode and took advantage of the marathon on Sunday to watch all the previous episodes that I had missed.

Bear is the man! That's all I can really think to say.

So, how come the show is presented in letterbox but isn't shown on Discovery HD?
Old 06-19-07, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by clckworang

So, how come the show is presented in letterbox but isn't shown on Discovery HD?
They air a bunch of shows that way. I have always wondered the same thing.
Old 06-19-07, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by fernsita
.and when he drank the turtle blood.
Too bad the pussies at Discovery wouldn't actually show it. We knew he did it by his shirt, but they still should show that.
Old 06-19-07, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought eating the live frog was more badass. That was fucking nasty, same when he ate the water snake live.
Old 06-20-07, 10:23 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It was a great episode, he should have eaten the gator. What was that nursery rhyme he came up with about the snake ? something about yellow and black, and red and black being a friend to jack. That guy kills me.
Old 06-20-07, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Deftones
Too bad the pussies at Discovery wouldn't actually show it. We knew he did it by his shirt, but they still should show that.
Which is surprising given the fact that they showed him squeezing the elephant poo and drinking from it last season.
Old 06-20-07, 10:41 AM

I told a friend to watch this show because I thought it was so awesome. Turns out they were totally offended by the fact he kills and eats these animals. Especially offended because he eats them raw. Says they could "say" you could eat them, but shouldnt actually do it, because he doesnt really need to except for production value. Yet this same person watches Survivor and watches a bunch of lazy ass people kill and eat off the land for a million bucks. Is it just me or does this smack of hypocricity?
Old 06-20-07, 05:17 PM

I totally agree with you. First of all -- the point of the show is him going out there in the wild and SHOWING you how to survive. Bear brings almost nothing with him, because he usually gives the impression of that this is what you would do if you got lost and were way out of your elements, not on an extended camping trip....so it's not like he is carrying food...and i think it is more realistic that the crew doesnt give him any. PLUS, in really showing how to survive there is a big difference between saying i WOULD eat this, but instead ill have a sandwich versus bear actually needing to eat that or passing out from hunger!
Old 06-23-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Just watched the latest episode. Bear made Iceland his bitch.
Old 06-24-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just discovered this show and have been watching all of the episodes from last seasons as well as the last two from this season.

I just can't get over how he just keeps biting into the freshly killed fish.

And what an awesome name is Bear Grylls. I suppose with a name like that, you kind of have to do the stuff that he does. You can't really be an accountant with a name like that.
Old 06-24-07, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tofu
I just can't get over how he just keeps biting into the freshly killed fish.
They're not freshly killed. They are still moving and alive when he bite into them.
Old 06-24-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
They're not freshly killed. They are still moving and alive when he bite into them.
I know! Craziness. Just start a fire, Bear. For me? It won't take long to cook. I don't like seeing fishies twitching in your mouth either.
Old 06-25-07, 06:54 PM

Just watched the Iceland episode.
I love how he "boiled" the sheep guts in the lava pool and how about that eye he ate <squish>
Old 06-25-07, 07:24 PM

oh my god! watching him eat the sheep guts...wow. and he claimed it was as good as meat in a restaurant...if it's all the same ill eat it in the restaurant bear. hehe

and i loved watching him with that sheep as he goes through his mental process outloud -- something like -- "sheep eyes are very nutrional...you know what, i'm gonna eat this eye actually." he then proceeds to chop it out with a knife. awesome!

thought this was such a cool episode...interesting terrain and food. not just snowy.

i also loved when he jumped in the river and then had to run to those hot springs. but that's bear for you -- our lovable bad ass.
Old 06-25-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder if the cameraman that jumped into the river with him has a wetsuit on.
Old 06-28-07, 04:35 PM

yea, it must be crazy to be out there with him.

can't wait for another new one tomorrow. bear vs. mexico! haha
Old 06-30-07, 10:51 AM

Mexico was pretty harsh from the looks of it. It was a sweet episode though, plus this time he didn't have his flint either so he had to make a fire using some yucca trees and rocks. I imagine they did that to counter all the haters who say "Oh, well Les Stroud doesn't use a flint...come on Bear! You're not really a survivalist!"
Old 06-30-07, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I told a friend to watch this show because I thought it was so awesome. Turns out they were totally offended by the fact he kills and eats these animals. Especially offended because he eats them raw. Says they could "say" you could eat them, but shouldnt actually do it, because he doesnt really need to except for production value. Yet this same person watches Survivor and watches a bunch of lazy ass people kill and eat off the land for a million bucks. Is it just me or does this smack of hypocricity?
Agreed. I had to laugh at your post. I went vegetarian about 6 weeks ago. A couple of my co-workers were talking about this show. They asked me if I would eat an animal if I needed to (they've been giving me a hard time about being a vegetarian), and my response was "I'd eat a basket full of puppies if it saved my ass!" (I think I'm paraphrasing), but this conversation happened yesterday so i felt it was topical.

Last edited by Elpresidentepez; 06-30-07 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-30-07, 01:48 PM
Mok

Yuck Bear ate a scorpion.
Old 07-07-07, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
I absolutely love this show, and I've seen most of the episodes several times. But even I was a bit turned off when in last night's new episode in Australia, he drank his own urine. I think it was the only time in the series where he ever said, "I've never done this before."

The only thing worse would be if he found a runaway pet dog and ate that.

But I do love this show so much!
Old 07-07-07, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tofu
And what an awesome name is Bear Grylls. I suppose with a name like that, you kind of have to do the stuff that he does. You can't really be an accountant with a name like that.
His real name is Edward, if anyone on earth has earned the right to have a cool nickname it's this guy

A little FYI I haven't seen mentioned hear since everyone is raving about the guy. The guy was a total bad-ass before this show launched him to fame, he is the youngest Brit ever to climb mount everest, & even more amazing he ran out of Oxygen on the descent AND at one point the fuckin' ice completely gave out & the ground disapeard from under him, where he fell, got knocked uncounsious & literally woke up just dangling from his rope.

What makes this guy even more amazing, is very well trained by the British Special Air Service, where he spent I think around 3 years doing the most deadly search & rescue operations imaginable & while performing a free-fall parachute drop in Africa, the guy BROKE IS FUCKIN' SPINE IN 3 PLACES. He then went on to recover in record time & then climbed mount everest.

I mean seriously, the guys real life reads like fiction.
Old 07-07-07, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by Sessa17
I mean seriously, the guys real life reads like fiction.
If you read his Wikipedia page, it's even more amazing. Plus, alot of the things he does are for charity. Seems like a really good guy.
Old 07-07-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
Survivorman bores me to death. I saw a few episodes and it never got my interest. The first time I saw Man vs Wild, I was hook. He's one crazy bastard.
I was somewhat captivated the first time I saw Survivorman but after a while it really lost its luster. There's only so much I can take of him detailing how hungry and tired he is. We know that both hosts will survive the week so I have to prefer the one who makes it more interesting to watch and that would be Bear. He's so full of energy and never runs out of weird and bizarre tips. I'd like to see a full list of every insect/animal the man has devoured on the show from ant larvae to snakes to the turtle he cooked (with grapefruit juice) a few weeks back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.