Heroes -- "Landslide" -- 05.14.2007

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-07, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please kill off nathan, he is useless.
Old 05-16-07, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Everyone seems to have a power that propels the storyline... except Nathan.

Any bets that he swoops in on the fight between Sylar and Peter, just as Sylar is about to go BOOM, taking him up into the atmosphere, and sacrifices himself in the process to save his brother, and the city?
I hope so. I've always hated Adrian Pasdar.
Old 05-16-07, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by trozkd
It looks like the binary code actually says something. I've gotten through the first five lines which say
Spoiler:
Linderman found a way around our efforts. I believe he has abducted Micah Sanders. He c...
It repeats this paragraph:

Linderman found a way around our efforts. I believe he has abducted Micah Sanders. He can talk to machines and could create a landslide for Petrelli. I’m off to meet up with Parkman, Sprague and Bennet. HRG’s message 2 me: must take out the tracking SYSTEMS.
Old 05-16-07, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
He's got the finger laser!
"stop humping the 'laser'." lol
Old 05-16-07, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i must be blind, i didn't see anything nathan's website. that's pretty interesting though.

hayden with a gun
Old 05-16-07, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by Groucho
I don't get it, but I am sure it's some stupid ass pedo DVD Talk inside joke thing, so whatever.
Old 05-17-07, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
I don't get it, but I am sure it's some stupid ass pedo DVD Talk inside joke thing, so whatever.
Not a big Dateline fan eh?

One thing I just realized (hopefully I didn't miss it in here) is that Syler seems to be learning to control his powers much faster now. When he stole super hearing he was getting headaches and was in serious pain because he couldn't control it. Now that he's stolen nuclear power he is seen minutes later playing with the ability on a rooftop like it's no big thing. Do we think that's just another hole in the story telling or is Syler just becoming better at understanding the powers?
Old 05-17-07, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just saw the best preview commercial, it gave me goose bumps. It might be buildup for next season. Spoiler tags since it was a preview.

Spoiler:
Molly is lying in bed and Mohindar, HRG, and Matt are standing around here. They are asking her how her power works. Matt says, "So you can find anyone in the world." Molly says yes, except for one. Matt says, "Is it a bad guy, is it the boogeyman (referring to Sylar since Molly calls him the boogeyman)." Molly says no, its someone else, some worse. Someone a LOT worse. He can see me."
Old 05-17-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by raven56706
I just saw the best preview commercial, it gave me goose bumps. It might be buildup for next season. Spoiler tags since it was a preview.

Spoiler:
Molly is lying in bed and Mohindar, HRG, and Matt are standing around here. They are asking her how her power works. Matt says, "So you can find anyone in the world." Molly says yes, except for one. Matt says, "Is it a bad guy, is it the boogeyman (referring to Sylar since Molly calls him the boogeyman)." Molly says no, its someone else, some worse. Someone a LOT worse. He can see me."
Spoiler:

?
Old 05-17-07, 09:18 AM

Old 05-17-07, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by pinata242
I was confused by Linderman saying that Pa Patrelli was like them - I thought the 6-part comic miniseries made it abundantly clear that he wasn't.

when he was talking, i thought that linderman was actually referring to himself when speaking of nathan's father... nathan's mom certainly seemed to be linked to linderman.

but then i checked the online comics, and the petrellis already have a kid when linderman shows up at their door.

so there goes that.
Old 05-17-07, 12:56 PM

looks like season 1 is due out on august 28

Link
Old 05-17-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by hardercore
I guess it just grates on me that despite all these borrowed elements people still go on about Heroes being "better" than LOST. Change the setting and the tone a little and it's almost the same show.
Borrowed elements has nothing to do with it. I think people feel the answers are coming quicker on Heroes and plots moving along faster, whereas for a time there, it felt as if the Lost fellas were yanking our chains and floundering. I like both, so it matters not to me.

However, furthering the Lost/Heroes divide, Masi Oka did the Top 10 Surprises In the "Heroes" Season Finale on Tuesday.

Number 6 was "Devote entire show to figuring out what the hell is happening on "Lost"".
Old 05-17-07, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
for a time there, it felt as if the Lost fellas were yanking our chains and floundering. I like both, so it matters not to me.

However, furthering the Lost/Heroes divide, Masi Oka did the Top 10 Surprises In the "Heroes" Season Finale on Tuesday.

Number 6 was "Devote entire show to figuring out what the hell is happening on "Lost"".
That's great. Well, at least we shouldn't get the sense anymore that LOST is floundering around, with the new deal. Given the onslaught/backlash to my comments, I think I'll just shut up now and enjoy the Heroes finale and the LOST finale two days later for what they are.
Old 05-18-07, 03:16 PM

I'm sure this will be posted in the DVD Talk section, but I think a mention is relevant here.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...20070518ushe01

From Universal Studios Home Entertainment: The #1 New Series(1) Everyone Is Talking About, 'HEROES: SEASON 1'

Seven-Disc Set Featuring the Never-Before-Aired 73-Minute Premiere Episode Available on DVD and HD DVD August 28, 2007 From Universal Studios Home Entertainment 'The Ride Is Thrilling' - TV Guide

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., May 18 -- Ordinary people with extraordinary abilities link a group of complete strangers that may determine the future of the world when "Heroes: Season 1" comes to DVD and HD DVD August 28, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The most acclaimed and addictive new series of the 2006-2007 television season, "Heroes: Season 1," which was created by Tim Kring ("Providence," "Crossing Jordan"), features an extraordinary ensemble cast that includes Sendhil Ramamurthy ("Blind Guy Driving"), Milo Ventimiglia ("Gilmore Girls"), Adrian Pasdar ("Judging Amy"), Hayden Panettiere ("Bring It On: All Or Nothing"), Ali Larter ("Final Destination"), Noah Gray-Cabey, ("My Wife & Kids"), Leonard Roberts ("Smallville"), Santiago Cabrera ("Empire"), Tawny Cypress (NBC's "Third Watch"), Greg Grunberg ("Alias"), Masi Oka, (NBC's "Scrubs"), Jack Colman ("Dynasty"), James Kyson Lee (NBC's "Las Vegas"), Zachary Quinto ("24"), Ashley Crow (NBC's "American Dreams"), Cristine Rose (NBC's "Friends"), Jimmy Jean-Louis ("Monster-in-Law"), Eric Roberts ("Less than Perfect") and Malcolm McDowall ("Entourage"). Electrifying intrigue, compelling mythology and soaring imagination make the NBC epic drama the must see event of the year. Praised for its "propulsive, surprisingly and emotionally charged storytelling" by Entertainment Weekly, "Heroes" nabbed the People's Choice Award for Favorite New Drama Series and a Golden Globe(R) nomination for Best Drama Series of 2007, even before completing its first season. "Heroes" is television's number-one new show of the 2006-2007 season.

"'Heroes' is one of those rare television series with such broad popular and critical appeal that it has become an instant cultural phenomenon," said Craig Kornblau, President of Universal Studios Home Entertainment and Universal Studios Digital Platforms. "With the extraordinary array of compelling bonus content offered on both the DVD and HD DVD respectively, this title, which has already generated tremendous anticipation among consumers, is well poised to be one of the greatest, must-have DVDs of the year."

The seven-disc DVD set is packed with revealing bonus features, including five featurettes, over 50 deleted scenes plus the 73-minute Tim Kring cut of the original series premiere that has never aired on television and much more. The seven-disc DVD version is priced at $59.98 S.R.P. Preorder close is July 24, 2007.

SUPERHUMAN EXTRAS

"Heroes: Season 1" reveals some of the show's hidden secrets with interviews, mini documentaries and extensive profiles, including:

* Unaired Pilot: The Tim Kring Cut with Audio Commentary -- A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.

* The Making of "Heroes" -- From concept to pop culture phenomenon, a behind-the-scenes look at the hottest new series on television

* Special Effects -- The secrets behind the eye-popping visuals that give the Heroes their amazing powers.

* The Stunts -- A back stage look at the show's hair-raising stunts.

* Mind Reader -- Matt Parkman's mind reading abilities reveal your inner Hero with a series of simple tests.

* Profile of Artist Tim Sale -- A look at the Eisner Award-winning comic book artist (Spiderman, Batman, Daredevil) behind much of the Manga-influenced artwork used in the show.

* The Score -- Go behind the scenes with Wendy Melvin and Lisa Coleman (of Prince's The Revolution) as they create their ASCAP Award-winning musical score.

* 50 Deleted and Extended Scenes

SYNOPSIS

Mohinder Suresh (Sendhil Ramamurthy), a genetics professor from Chennai, picks up his late father's research and makes an astonishing discovery -- a seemingly random group of people around the world are developing astonishing super powers. From a drug-addicted artist (Santiago Cabrera), who paints the future and an ambitious politician (Adrian Pasdar) who can fly, to a New York cop who hears other people's thoughts (Greg Grunberg) and a Japanese computer programmer (Masi Oka) who can distort the space time continuum, these new Heroes seem to have a shared destiny. Creator Tim Kring ("Crossing Jordan") fashions a complex new world full of hidden clues, breathtaking plot twists and suspense-filled conundrums for an exhilaratingly fresh story about average people who are confronting the existence of inexplicable super powers. Also starring Milo Ventimiglia, Hayden Panettiere, Ali Larter, Noah Gray-Cabey, Leonard Roberts, Tawny Cypress and Jack Colman, "Heroes: Season 1" is packed with special bonuses that take viewers deeper into this rich and riveting series. Relive the excitement or discover it for the first time with "Heroes: Season 1" on DVD and HD DVD.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
DVD
Street Date: August 28, 2007
Pre-Order Close: July 24, 2007
Copyright: 2007 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.
Price: $59.98 S.R.P.
Selection Number: 61101031
Discs: 7
Layers: DVD9 (SD)
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1:78:1)
Rating: NR
Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1

Universal Studios Home Entertainment is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios (http://www.universalstudios.com). Universal Studios is a part of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. Formed in May 2004 through the combining of NBC and Vivendi Universal Entertainment, NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBC Universal is 80%-owned by General Electric, with 20% owned by Vivendi.

http://www.Heroesthedvd.com

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/

(1) Source: Nielsen Research Media

SOURCE Universal Studios Home Entertainment
http://www.nbc.com/Heroes http://www.Heroesthedvd.com

Chris
Old 05-18-07, 05:04 PM

Old 05-19-07, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
I'm sure this will be posted in the DVD Talk section, but I think a mention is relevant here.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...20070518ushe01

Chris
uh yeah, I posted it about 3 posts above you.
Old 05-20-07, 05:42 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
damm cool dvd set !
Old 05-20-07, 03:06 PM

do we have a confirmed length for the finale tomorrow?
-ringding-
Old 05-20-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DrRingDing
do we have a confirmed length for the finale tomorrow?
-ringding-
I haven't seen one, but my DVR (Comcast Scientific Atlanta) suggests a 10:02 cutoff (Eastern Daylight).
Old 05-21-07, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by kiddk1
uh yeah, I posted it about 3 posts above you.
A link is only as good as the full information posted below it!

Chris
Old 05-21-07, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
A link is only as good as the full information posted below it!

Chris
well said, the real question today is "How to stop an exploding man?"
Old 05-21-07, 11:49 AM

A full 73 uninterrupted minutes of the original, unaired, extended pilot episode, as Heroes' creator Tim Kring first envisioned it, with a character never seen.
Hopefully this is Sylar's introduction, showing how he got started; possibly with "iceman" - one of Sylar's first victims?
Old 05-21-07, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maquis
Hopefully this is Sylar's introduction, showing how he got started; possibly with "iceman" - one of Sylar's first victims?
I'm gonna guess that means a character never seen as in the character was cut from the show, although that would be a pretty clever play on words. And we more or less got an origin for Sylar in the 5 years ago episode. I have a guess we're never gonna see much more graphically speaking than we already have, after all this is on public TV...
-ringding-
Old 05-21-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DrRingDing
I'm gonna guess that means a character never seen as in the character was cut from the show, although that would be a pretty clever play on words. And we more or less got an origin for Sylar in the 5 years ago episode. I have a guess we're never gonna see much more graphically speaking than we already have, after all this is on public TV...
-ringding-
It was "Six Months Ago", which you're confusing with "Five Years Gone". methinks.

I'd like to see where Sylar got the Iceman power though.