Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Fiji - Season Finale ** Sunday, May 13th at 8:00 EST**

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the sole survivor?
Boo
12.50%
Cassandra
0%
Dreamz
6.25%
Earl
50.00%
Yau Man
31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Fiji - Season Finale ** Sunday, May 13th at 8:00 EST**

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-07, 01:07 PM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone else notice the sound of thunder immediately after Boo finished his speech to Dreamz at the final Tribal Council? I wonder if the producers threw that in for effect?
Old 05-15-07, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by asianflow
I'm amazed after so many seasons, certain people still don't understand Survivor is just a game. Not being 100% honest shouldn't be looked down upon.
Like probably many others here, it is not that I don't expect people to lie on the show. This is of course a given since YES it is a game. It is when someone like a Dreamz says specific things with said lie like "I swear to God", or that what kind of integrity would I have with my son if I reneg on the deal. Another year a contestant said something to the effect of on my son's name or like that. Personally I have no problem with also lying on the show, but I would NEVER use comments like Dreamz when I say those lies to people. THIS is why I look down on someone like this, gameshow or not.

This is also why I believe Boo went on his speech with Dreamz about being Christian and whatnot. We all need to remeber that these poeple are together in the case of Boo and Dreamz for 5 straight weeks almost. I would imagine that they talked ad nauseum about things like religeon and this is probably what pissed Boo off of how Dreamz could say the phrase "I swear to God" and then reneg on the deal.
Old 05-15-07, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it would be a great PR move for a company to publicly give Yau a new vehicle.
Old 05-16-07, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Schloob1
Like probably many others here, it is not that I don't expect people to lie on the show. This is of course a given since YES it is a game. It is when someone like a Dreamz says specific things with said lie like "I swear to God", or that what kind of integrity would I have with my son if I reneg on the deal. Another year a contestant said something to the effect of on my son's name or like that. Personally I have no problem with also lying on the show, but I would NEVER use comments like Dreamz when I say those lies to people. THIS is why I look down on someone like this, gameshow or not.
But to some people, even Christians, swearing in God's name or on a family members name means nothing. They're just words unless you believe in karma and all that stuff.

"I won't vote for you, promise"
"I won't vote for you, scouts honor"
"I won't vote for you, swear to god"

All carry the same exact weight to me.
Old 05-16-07, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by boredsilly
But to some people, even Christians, swearing in God's name or on a family members name means nothing. They're just words unless you believe in karma and all that stuff.

"I won't vote for you, promise"
"I won't vote for you, scouts honor"
"I won't vote for you, swear to god"

All carry the same exact weight to me.

But soon the weight will become too much to bear!

Chris
Old 05-27-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 181 Posts
Sorry for being late to the party and bumping this old thread, but I jus tgot around to watching the finale last night. Glad to see Earl win it as he was the one I was rooting for.
As for Dreamz, that guy was so totally full of shit. I don't care what Cassandra says, he did not have a damn thing planned out. And he only proved how full of shit he was by claiming at the last tribal council that he was not trying to get any sympathy votes after Boo made that comment, yet his statement to the jury on why they should give him the million dollars was basically him asking for them to vote for him out of sympathy.
One other thing, I keep seeing it mentioned about how Yao-Man found 2 HII's, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Earl get at least some of the clues and pass them along to him to help find the first one?

Bring on next season, I LOVE this show!
Old 05-28-07, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 187 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Maxflier
One other thing, I keep seeing it mentioned about how Yao-Man found 2 HII's, correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Earl get at least some of the clues and pass them along to him to help find the first one?
They shared clues, and worked together so one of them could search for the HII without the tribe suspecting something was up. Yao-Man found the first one ... Earl found the second one.
Old 05-29-07, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, let's keep this survivor thread alive! Back to Dreamz; if he was really planning shit out, he wouldn't have told the camera crew in the confessional that he was going to stick to his word to Yao Man.

Heard Earl on Adam Corolla a few days after he won; very genuine guy.
Old 06-24-07, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Yay for local news, and a needless bump

http://www.wilmingtonstar.com/articl...51/1004/news01

Local 'Survivor' Dre faces paternity lawsuit
Woman who claims she lived with Herd seeks child support, medical expenses

Survivor contestant Andria "Dre" Herd spent weeks baking in the Fiji sun, overcoming dehydration, depravation and the relentless plotting of opponents.

The Wilmington native came in second on the show, winning $100,000 and, after a controversial deal with another contestant, a pickup truck valued at $60,000. But back home, the 25-year-old was soon slapped with a paternity lawsuit by a former member of his Wilmington tribe who gave birth to a baby boy Nov. 30.

The lawsuit, filed last month in New Hanover County Superior Court by Amanda S. Young, seeks child support and reimbursement for medical expenses relating to the pregnancy, along with medical insurance coverage for the infant, who is now nearly 7 months old.

Documents filed with the lawsuit include a birth certificate from the New Hanover County Register of Deeds. Young, 23, is listed as the mother. The father's name is not on the certificate.

Court papers list a Walnut Street address for Herd, the defendant.

"Plaintiff and defendant lived together for a period of time in 2006 from approximately the end of January 2006 until April 2006," court papers state. "During this period of time plaintiff and defendant engaged in sexual intercourse and as a consequence plaintiff got pregnant."

The baby's name is Luca Finley Young. Herd has a July 9 Family Court appearance date.

Attempts Friday to contact Herd, Young and her lawyer were not successful.

Herd, a cheerleading coach, often mentioned his "son" to other contestants on the reality show. And though he never mentioned a name on the show, he is also the father of a 2-year-old named Giovanni who has a different mother.

He also talked about living on the streets for a short time as a child and frequenting local soup kitchens, including Good Shepherd House.

His life changed, he said, when he and his brothers took up cheerleading as a hobby and, later, as a profession.

A subpoena for Herd was issued in April by the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office on behalf of child support enforcement.

Herd was ordered to appear in court June 6 and provide verification of income "from all sources" over the previous year, along with all bank statements for the same period.
Old 06-24-07, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.