Reload this Page >

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - "K & R" (Part 3 of 3) - 6/21/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-21-07, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not even going to bother spoilerizing this meaningless description from NBC.com:

The long day's journey into night descends deeper into the past.
Old 06-21-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
The long day's journey into night descends deeper into the past.
Journey, huh? I wonder if they will cut to black at the end of the episode.
Old 06-21-07, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Then how about Zap2It's description?
Spoiler:
The long day's journey into night continues as flashbacks reveal why Matt and Danny were fired in the first place.
Old 06-21-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How many more of these episodes are left? I wouldn't think that there are too many more left in the can.
Old 06-21-07, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think there is one more after this one.
Old 06-21-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, next week is it.
Old 06-21-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yep, one more after this. the series ends on July 5, so I guess there is a week off.
Old 06-21-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by dvd182
I'm not positive, but I think there is one more after this one.
Sigh. I still really enjoy this show. I can't believe no one watches it, but Deal or No Deal will be around for years...
Old 06-21-07, 10:07 AM
Suspended

My TV listings show a new episode next week, not July 5th.
Old 06-21-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

weird. mine must be off.
Old 06-21-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
For anyone that has Verizon Fios be careful because the description again says K&R part 1 of 3 for the third week in a row. Your DVR might not pick it up.
Old 06-21-07, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
My TV listings show a new episode next week, not July 5th.
As I said, next week's the last one. Not sure where Lunatikk got his info.
Old 06-21-07, 11:24 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
I have been really enjoying this show, I'm not best pleased that its cancelled
Old 06-21-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As a center right republican I am one of the few people in the world that does not get offended when people make fun of my party and our politics. Also I can separate politics and entertainment unlike average americans (and also entertainers sometimes). I also accept the fact that it is popular to jump up and down on the president and that bothers me but I will accept everyone's right to do that. Also I love Sport's night, West Wing, and Studio 60 even though I disagree with Sorkin, Schlamme, and the rest's politics because I can seperate these things. But I will not hold my tongue just for a few seconds that was the worst cheap shot I have ever seen everything else on the show I've heard many times, but the ground zero line was just nonsense and was petty and disgusting, and I think too many times we forget who these people are when we bash them He is the president of the US, and on my side of the aisle MS Pelosi is the majority leader I think we should all remember that.

That being said I liked this episode a lot and shake my head as i think that it is canceled and I will miss it very much. Even though I was disgusted I will still buy this when it comes on dvd. The only legitimate complaint I have is the recording adjust the track so you can hear the dj's talking it was a rather important scene and I had to crank it up.

Old 06-21-07, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts
Since no storyline got wrapped up, is next week 'part 4 of 3'?
Old 06-21-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Great episode. I hate that this show is being cancelled. Can we send them nuts?
Old 06-22-07, 12:23 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I say send placentas. We won't have to send many and the message will probably get across quicker
Old 06-22-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
So one of the two DJ's they were listening to in Jack's office in the flashback was definitely Martin Sheen. Can anyone recognize the other voice?
Old 06-22-07, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dek
I say send placentas. We won't have to send many and the message will probably get across quicker
If you know where to order them online, I'm in for as much as I can afford.

This is one of the few shows to have come out in recent years that I have truly enjoyed. It's demise... Network television is truly at a loss.
Old 06-22-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved the interaction between Jack & Simon at the beginning.

Plus, am I the only one that loves the show's theme intro?
Old 06-22-07, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
If you know where to order them online, I'm in for as much as I can afford.
Maybe you could hire Trask Security to rescue the show. See, it's this secret company that employs ex-special ops. From what I hear, they specialize in K&R, which stands for "kidnapping and ransom", but if you work in Hollywood, you probably already already knew that.

Although this meandering arc should've been two episodes long at most rather than four and change, I did really enjoy this episode. It's disappointing to see the writing and the characters really hit their stride while knowing that the rug's right about to be pulled out from under them.
Old 06-22-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Although this meandering arc should've been two episodes long at most rather than four and change, I did really enjoy this episode.
I agree with that, but I am not as generous about my praise for the show. The Jack & Simon stalemate went on and on and on. I could care less about Harriet & Matt. Amanda Peet has really come into form with this show, only to be relegated to a hospital bed and a few uninspired scenes. The show within a show disappeared as well as the writing staff, sketch players and crew.

These last three episodes were watchable, yet exemplified why this show hasn't worked. Studio 60 doesn't know what it wants to be and hasn't since the first episodes. Floundering between social commentary, comedy and drama and missing the mark on all three.
Old 06-22-07, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spicollidriver1
As a center right republican I am one of the few people in the world that does not get offended when people make fun of my party and our politics. Also I can separate politics and entertainment unlike average americans (and also entertainers sometimes). I also accept the fact that it is popular to jump up and down on the president and that bothers me but I will accept everyone's right to do that. Also I love Sport's night, West Wing, and Studio 60 even though I disagree with Sorkin, Schlamme, and the rest's politics because I can seperate these things. But I will not hold my tongue just for a few seconds that was the worst cheap shot I have ever seen everything else on the show I've heard many times, but the ground zero line was just nonsense and was petty and disgusting, and I think too many times we forget who these people are when we bash them He is the president of the US, and on my side of the aisle MS Pelosi is the majority leader I think we should all remember that.

I'd have a lot more sympathy for you on this count if the "President" had actually followed up on his improvised promise.

-Doc
Old 06-22-07, 10:07 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

In the same vein as understanding the speparation of politics and entertainment:
The messenger is not the message. Just because a character says it does not mean it was endorsed by the writer. It was a totally appropriate line for the character and story.
Old 06-22-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by Ayre
I agree with that, but I am not as generous about my praise for the show.
Well, it's praise compared to where the show has settled for so much of the season.

Honestly, I think Aaron Sorkin quickly lost interest in the concept of a drama set against the backdrop of a sketch comedy show and decided to just write new episodes of The West Wing with these characters. There are quite a few things that bug me about the show -- Sorkin's overindulgence at showing how well-read he is by having characters rattle off detailed statistics and medical jargon, the way he has characters speak and act grossly unrealistically to prop up Sorkin's political arguments (although I think he acted with more of an even keel this episode), cramming in too many smug, smarmy characters (I hate doing two parenthetical references in a row, but I really liked the flashbacks with Danny as he played mediator between Jack and Matt before he apparently let the power of being a showrunner go to his head) -- but the things I generally dislike about Studio 60 were dialed down this time around.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.