Ugly Betty -- "Secretaries Day" -- 05/03/07

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-07, 05:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Ugly Betty -- "Secretaries Day" -- 05/03/07

"Secretaries Day"
Spoiler:
Betty struggles to come up with the cash to solve the latest Suarez family dilemma, all while planning Mode's big assistants week bash at a medieval themed restaurant, a place with an unlikely link to Amanda's past. Meanwhile, Daniel tries to heed Betty's advice about his sexual addiction issues; Alexis considers Rodrigo's offer; Hilda faces a tough cosmetology school exam, and Wilhelmina becomes even bolder in her plans for total Mode domination.

Originally Aired: May 03, 2007
Old 05-03-07, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn I miss it tonight!
Old 05-03-07, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Amanda's acting samples would have had a knock off of her Olive Garden commercial, I would have totally lost it.
Old 05-04-07, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Can't believe how little love this show gets in this forum.

Hilarious episode. Amanda was particularly funny - in her reel and in the Medieval bar. "Oh - it's about to get Nerd-nastic!"

If Daniel wants to cure or quell his sex addiction, he should date uglier women than the one he went out with in this episode.
Old 05-05-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode wasn't nearly as good as last week's. Didn't much care for the medieval restaurant scenes and I am beyond sick of the immigration storyline. I would have liked to have seen more of Amanda and her new faux-mo.

Amanda and Wilhemina are probably my favorite characters now. And we need more Justin.
Old 05-05-07, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
This episode wasn't nearly as good as last week's. Didn't much care for the medieval restaurant scenes and I am beyond sick of the immigration storyline. I would have liked to have seen more of Amanda and her new faux-mo.

Amanda and Wilhemina are probably my favorite characters now. And we need more Justin.
Agreed, the political stuff needs to stop. Its such a great show without having a need for that kind of agenda.
Old 05-05-07, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RKillgore
If Amanda's acting samples would have had a knock off of her Olive Garden commercial, I would have totally lost it.
I said a similar thing to my wife.

I wonder when she did that commercial.
Old 05-05-07, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gasspasser
Agreed, the political stuff needs to stop. Its such a great show without having a need for that kind of agenda.
I am one on those people that think the news is coverning this way too much. But I actually have no problem with the storyline. I do not see an agenda with anybody. The father says he has to go back before he can stay legally, so he is doing that. It will be cool to see where this is going. I also remember that this is based off of a telenovela (sp?) so it can and probably will get a little campy at parts.
Old 05-05-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I'm not what you call a fan of illegal immigration, but I don't really see this storyline as a "political thing" agenda.
Old 05-07-07, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This show is hysterical. I love it all.
Old 05-07-07, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In a EW interview a while back, the shows writers said that they listen to responses from fans and try to react to them more quickly than other shows, which is why they put the whole immigration thing on the backburner. For some reason, it seems like it has been ramped up again now.

Now for some potential spoilers:

Spoiler:
One of the spoiler sites said that there could be a death, but in true soap opera fashion, this person might show up again (I think that it was Kristin on E!). I am assuming that Betty's father will be the person that might be dying, but could show up again later.
Old 05-08-07, 09:03 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
what a great episode... I was laughing so hard when Marc punched and sent Wilhelmina down the stairs.
Old 05-08-07, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The whole Marc-Wilhelmina slappy fight was hysterical.