LOST -- "D.O.C." - 4.25.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST -- "D.O.C." - 4.25.2007

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well apparently the island healed him. The blood squirting from his ears was just a flesh wound
Old 04-25-07, 10:09 PM

Fantastic episode, I agree with the previous poster. This show definitely gets better by the episode. They are the masters of answering one question and presenting 5 more. It will be a long sad wait once this season comes to an end if they don't come back until January.
Old 04-25-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Well, I guess Jack will be dying soon. He was wearing a "red shirt"!
Awesome episode. Mikhail and Juliet mention the island healing people. About a day and a half for the punctured lung. But of course it opens more questions, which is good. Why doesn't the island heal the pregnant woman, what about the people that died, will/have they come back to life too?

Although we didn't see it on camera, great to learn the Losties have shared information with the rest of the group. This team knew all about Mikhail. I wonder if he's looking for the Other's too?

Dear Mikhail,
While you were dead, we went into hiding. See you soon, Ben.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 04-25-07 at 10:12 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 10:14 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode. Best of the season, and possibly the best since season 1.

Good flash back for once, and a couple great WTF? moments with Mikhail coming back from the dead and the reveal at the end.
Old 04-25-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by treszoks
Well apparently the island healed him. The blood squirting from his ears was just a flesh wound
Old 04-25-07, 10:19 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn! The episode was actually pretty slow, and the flashback was nice but nothing shocking...but the couple "WTF?!?" moments really made up for that.

REALLY wasn't expecting to see Mikhail show up. I wonder if he's still on good terms with the Others?

Didn't any of the losties see the flare Hurley shot?

Maybe the ending was a bit cliche, but it still got me. Though I think it was probably a setup by the Others or whoever.
Old 04-25-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Well, I guess Jack will be dying soon. He was wearing a "red shirt"!
I dont get it
Old 04-25-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I dont get it
In the original "Star Trek," away teams generally consisted of a few of the more major characters: Kirk, Spock, etc. They were also accompanied by members of the Enterprise's security detail, commonly referred to as "red shirts" due to the color tunic they wore.

They were also the first to die on the away mission, and were expendable.
Old 04-25-07, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Originally Posted by JZ1276
I dont get it
Serious? I don't see a smiley, so you must be.

Star Trek reference. Boone even mentioned it when he and Locke were tracking Ethan (I think it was Ethan). Boone was tying strips from a red shirt to mark their progress incase they got lost, they could find their way back home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(character)

Wiki:
In an episode of Lost entitled "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues", Boone and Locke briefly discuss the Star Trek redshirt characters. Boone says "The crew guys that would go down to the planet with the main guys -- the captain and the guy with the pointy ears? They always wore red shirts and they always got killed." To which Locke replies, "Sounds like a piss-poor captain." Whether intended by the writers or not, it should also be noted that Boone is tying rags of a red shirt to trees to mark the path he and Locke had been taking. Boone, later in the season, is the first major cast member to die proving the situation is serious.

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 04-25-07 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-25-07, 10:33 PM
Banned

Another very good episode. Amazing how evil and hot Juliet can be at the same time.

Back from the dead was definitely a surprise to me although didn't the producers tell us that once you're dead, you're dead?

Not sure what to think of an outsider thinking the passengers are all keput. Maybe an alternate timeline.
Old 04-25-07, 10:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Did they use the same exact dock and setting for Sun's visit to Jin's father as they did when the sub arrived with Juliet a few weeks ago?
Old 04-25-07, 10:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Assuming the new girl is right and they are all dead, I'm bringing back the theory that this is some sort of purgatory.

Great WTF moment at the end. I really think running the "2nd half" of the season without a break was a good idea. They episodes have been getting better each week.
Old 04-25-07, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think/hope the people that are behind the others dumped some plane wreckage in the ocean. This stops people from looking for the plane and stumbling across their island.
Old 04-25-07, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to go with whatever organization the Others are affiliated with staged a crash site to keep people from snooping around their island.
Old 04-25-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by boogieman03
Assuming the new girl is right and they are all dead, I'm bringing back the theory that this is some sort of purgatory.
Ugh. I hope they don't go that route but it's possible considering how often religion comes into the show. Still, there's so much on the island to not be purgatory land.

Seeing Mikhail back was cool but he sure looked dead before.

Sun's story was so-so.
Old 04-25-07, 10:54 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So if they staged a crash, Michael and Walt better keep awfully damn quiet if/when they get back to civilization...if they don't want people to find out the truth.

I really don't think the purgatory thing is a possibility - why would the Others go in and out of purgatory and the real world?
Old 04-25-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What about the clone possibility?

Could also explain Locke's dad and McPatchy.
Old 04-25-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"... I hate you."

Pretty good episode. Just me, or did the multilingual chick who fell from the sky speak with an Australian accent at the end? Aboriginal, perhaps?

Also can't figure out why Sun gave Jin's mother the money after she figured out who she was. Should have just asked one of her dad's goons to sort that bitch out.

And I'm still having trouble figuring out if Juliet is good or evil, but damned...
Old 04-25-07, 11:07 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
if they are in purgatory the whole time that would be retarted.
the clone thing is what makes the most sense to me
Old 04-25-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So does anyone speak Italian (or whatever newgirl was speaking)? I'm pretty darn sure she didn't say "thank you" as Patchy translated.
Old 04-25-07, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
I really don't think the purgatory thing is a possibility - why would the Others go in and out of purgatory and the real world?
Yeah, last I heard, you couldn't travel into (and out of) purgatory in a submarine!
Old 04-25-07, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Why doesn't the island heal the pregnant woman, what about the people that died, will/have they come back to life too?
Let's hope not. Remember back in the first season they burned the bodies of the passengers that didn't survive the crash. That could get messy if the island broght them back to life...
Old 04-25-07, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bboisvert
So does anyone speak Italian (or whatever newgirl was speaking)? I'm pretty darn sure she didn't say "thank you" as Patchy translated.
Captions show it as being Portuguese.

And with regards to the clone theory, why haven't we seen Ethan come back - not counting in flashbacks?
Old 04-25-07, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well I guess my feeling that this would be a semi-filler/setup episode could not be further from the truth. A definitive answer about Sun's baby that spells doom for her, a great flashback, Jin kicking some major Other and a fucking whopper of a cliffhanger makes this an excellent episode.

I knew there was going to be something big at the end based on DVD Josh's "heres-your-spoiler-but-don't-you-dare-read-it" warning, but I was not for a second expecting THAT!

And to think that before the episode I thought the most intruiging thing was Mikhail coming back
Old 04-25-07, 11:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I don't like the clone theory. If there's gonna be a whacked far out theory, I hope it's a purgatory (which by the way, it's not a destination you can travel to) type situation. Still, I'm sure there's a simple explanation, like somebody's lying.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.