Lost -- "Exposé" -- 03.28.2007

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Exposé"

Hurley suspects that Sawyer may be involved in an island mystery; Sun learns the truth about the Others' attempted kidnapping of her.
Old 03-28-07, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Written by: Eddie Kitsis, Adam Horowitz
Director: Stephen Williams

A Nikki and Paulo-centric episode.

"As the truth about Sun's kidnapping by "the Others" comes to her attention, Hurley becomes suspicious of Sawyer's attempt to reveal the mystery behind two fellow survivors, Nikki and Paulo. Through series of flashbacks we will discover what Nikki and Paulo were doing before the crash and how they survived 65 days on the island."

Spoiler:
Paulo will be shot in the head
Can't wait! The producers expect disdain for this episode from the fans, but insist we will like it, despite our preconceptions. The above spoiler will probably be a big reason why.
Old 03-28-07, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I couldn't care less about these characters. Hopefully the island stuff makes up for the flashbacks.
Old 03-28-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Your spoilers for tonight. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT.

Spoiler:

Episode 3.14: Exposé (Nikki and Paulo-centric, episode aka "Expos")
Airdate: March 28, 2007

* new 03/27 - This week on Lost, Maggie Grace (Shannon) returns, Sun goes all nutty fisticuffs and... someone is going to die. Someone I personally love. Someone I personally am sad to see go! But I worry I might be in the minority. Regardless, how this person dies is perhaps the most disturbing death I have ever heard of. Let's just say I have one big monster of a phobia, and this death plays into that. Source: Kristin on E!Online [Note: Seems like Kristin is talking about the spiders we see in the previews biting said character, which is rumored to be paralyzed as if dead...]
* 03/22 - According to Lost Spoilers, Paulo will [highlight if you want to be that spoilers... be shot in the head.] Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
* 03/21 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: This episode is set to answer a big mythological question. The gay character will appear in "Exposé." Source: Lost Podcasts
* 03/11 - Hurley begins to suspect that Sawyer may be involved in an island mystery surrounding two fellow survivors, and Sun learns the truth about her past kidnapping attempt by The Others. Guest starring are Kiele Sanchez as Nikki, Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Ian Somerhalder as Boone, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Daniel Roebuck as Dr. Artz, Billy Dee Williams as Mr. LaShade and Jacob Witkin as Howard L. Zukerman. Source: ABC
* 02/28 - Dustin Watchman, who plays backgroung character Scott, revealed on his MySpace page that Ian Somerhalder (Boone) and Maggie Grace (Shannon) were back on set filming scenes for episode 3.14. Source: The Fuselage
* 02/12 - Flashbacks will center around Nikki and Paulo. While even Lindelof acknowledges that Nikki and Paulo are "universally despised" by fans, that's going to change, he vows: "We had a plan when we introduced them, and we didn't get to fully execute that plan. But when the plan is executed, Nikki and Paulo will be iconic characters on the show." Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 01/24 - Charlie's about to get his comeuppance for kidnapping Sun last season. "That is getting resolved in an upcoming episode," exec producer Carlton Cuse tells me. "Sun finally finds out who actually did that to her. It takes place in another character's episode, but it becomes an important ancillary part of that episode." Cuse adds that it's a "reasonable assumption" that the reveal will cause problems between Charlie and Claire. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 01/22 - Episode 3.14 features a Mr Zuckerman, a 70ish, wealthy Australian TV producer. He has many ex-wifes, a current wife, and a hot young girlfriend from one of his current shows. Source: secretagentman @ TWoP
* 01/21 - Ian Somerhalder and I spent a bit of the afternoon together, and he told me he was off to Hawaii tomorrow to shoot an episode of "Lost." He is reprising his role as Boone, but he said he could not talk about the episode -- because he had not read the script yet. Source: KnoxNews
* 10/31 - A future episode may possible reveal Nikki and Paulo's experiences on the island during the time we didn't see them. Chances are good thet we will find out one of the characters is gay. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 01/10 - Rodrigo Santoro mentioned in an interview in the Brazilian edition of Rolling Stone that his character won't be on the show anymore per the end of the current season. Source: Rolling Stone (Brazil)

Old 03-28-07, 08:11 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
A Nikki and Paulo-centric episode.
For some reason the whole idea of this makes me want to .
Old 03-28-07, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Who the hell are they?
Old 03-28-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Trelach24
Who the hell are they?
They're Rose & Bernard after the island has magically made them younger and adjusted their races. I thought everyone knew that... Don't you keep up?
Old 03-28-07, 08:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Nikki = hot chick who suddenly appeared this season and says very little
Paulo = Eight foot tall Persian God-King.
Old 03-28-07, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
Nikki = hot chick who suddenly appeared this season and says very little
Paulo = Eight foot tall Persian God-King.
A truer description could not have been constructed.
Old 03-28-07, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm all for more Nikki. the more hotties, the better.
I hope Paulo gets a spear through the lip.
The following users liked this post:
Jack Straw (03-05-21)
Old 03-28-07, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Your spoilers for tonight. MAJOR SPOILER ALERT.

Spoiler:

Episode 3.14: Exposé (Nikki and Paulo-centric, episode aka "Expos")
Airdate: March 28, 2007

* new 03/27 - This week on Lost, Maggie Grace (Shannon) returns, Sun goes all nutty fisticuffs and... someone is going to die. Someone I personally love. Someone I personally am sad to see go! But I worry I might be in the minority. Regardless, how this person dies is perhaps the most disturbing death I have ever heard of. Let's just say I have one big monster of a phobia, and this death plays into that. Source: Kristin on E!Online [Note: Seems like Kristin is talking about the spiders we see in the previews biting said character, which is rumored to be paralyzed as if dead...]
* 03/22 - According to Lost Spoilers, Paulo will [highlight if you want to be that spoilers... be shot in the head.] Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
* 03/21 - Lost Spoilers offers us a summary of the spoilers Cuse and Lindelof revealed in the latest podcast: This episode is set to answer a big mythological question. The gay character will appear in "Exposé." Source: Lost Podcasts
* 03/11 - Hurley begins to suspect that Sawyer may be involved in an island mystery surrounding two fellow survivors, and Sun learns the truth about her past kidnapping attempt by The Others. Guest starring are Kiele Sanchez as Nikki, Rodrigo Santoro as Paulo, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Ian Somerhalder as Boone, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Daniel Roebuck as Dr. Artz, Billy Dee Williams as Mr. LaShade and Jacob Witkin as Howard L. Zukerman. Source: ABC
* 02/28 - Dustin Watchman, who plays backgroung character Scott, revealed on his MySpace page that Ian Somerhalder (Boone) and Maggie Grace (Shannon) were back on set filming scenes for episode 3.14. Source: The Fuselage
* 02/12 - Flashbacks will center around Nikki and Paulo. While even Lindelof acknowledges that Nikki and Paulo are "universally despised" by fans, that's going to change, he vows: "We had a plan when we introduced them, and we didn't get to fully execute that plan. But when the plan is executed, Nikki and Paulo will be iconic characters on the show." Source: Entertainment Weekly
* 01/24 - Charlie's about to get his comeuppance for kidnapping Sun last season. "That is getting resolved in an upcoming episode," exec producer Carlton Cuse tells me. "Sun finally finds out who actually did that to her. It takes place in another character's episode, but it becomes an important ancillary part of that episode." Cuse adds that it's a "reasonable assumption" that the reveal will cause problems between Charlie and Claire. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
* 01/22 - Episode 3.14 features a Mr Zuckerman, a 70ish, wealthy Australian TV producer. He has many ex-wifes, a current wife, and a hot young girlfriend from one of his current shows. Source: secretagentman @ TWoP
* 01/21 - Ian Somerhalder and I spent a bit of the afternoon together, and he told me he was off to Hawaii tomorrow to shoot an episode of "Lost." He is reprising his role as Boone, but he said he could not talk about the episode -- because he had not read the script yet. Source: KnoxNews
* 10/31 - A future episode may possible reveal Nikki and Paulo's experiences on the island during the time we didn't see them. Chances are good thet we will find out one of the characters is gay. Source: Lost Podcasts
* 01/10 - Rodrigo Santoro mentioned in an interview in the Brazilian edition of Rolling Stone that his character won't be on the show anymore per the end of the current season. Source: Rolling Stone (Brazil)

Where do you get these? Are they from centralized Lost website or do you collect them all yourself?
Old 03-28-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm guessing a lot of them are from Spoilerfix.com, but a bunch of Lost fansites have them too.
Old 03-28-07, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The producers and writers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were on npr today for an hour today if anyone is interested.

http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/20...328_b_main.asp
Old 03-28-07, 01:49 PM

I think he's gonna try to get with Sawyer in this ep.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Old 03-28-07, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ten41
The producers and writers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse were on npr today for an hour today if anyone is interested.

http://www.onpointradio.org/shows/20...328_b_main.asp
Thanks for the link - that was a pretty good interview. I had no idea there was an actual college course being taught about Lost.

One interesting note about the interview - one of the callers asked them about the on-line game and the revelation about the numbers, and if the same information would be presented on the show. If I heard the producers correctly, I think they said that a majority of the audience doesn't care about details like this, so they wouldn't cover it on the show. Hopefully they don't really think this is true - I think most of the audience would be pissed if they just ignored the numbers after making them such a big part of the show. I didn't even know that the on-line game had answers about the numbers. Now I'll have to go look it up...
Old 03-28-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The writer's track record doesn't really bode well ... they've been given the pen for a lot of LOST's fluff episodes and fillers. They have had a good one every now and then (their two this season have been really good), but we'll see how this one goes.

For those interested, the other episodes Eddie Kitsis and Adam Horowitz have written are:

1.22 "Born To Run"
2.04 "Everybody Hates Hugo"
2.12 "Fire + Water"
2.18 "Dave"
3.04 "Every Man For Himself"
3.10 "Tricia Tanaka Is Dead"

Last edited by hardercore; 03-28-07 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-28-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Jorge Garcia's personal writing staff.
Old 03-28-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
So pretty much they're the writers of the filler eps?
Old 03-28-07, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes to both those comments. Damon and Carlton seem to think they write Hurley the best, and there's going to be a lot of Hurley in this one. But they do seem to always get the filler eps.
Old 03-28-07, 06:04 PM

"Razzle Dazzle"

That moment will be the highlight for me.
Old 03-28-07, 06:17 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dango727
"Razzle Dazzle"

That moment will be the highlight for me.
Old 03-28-07, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

There are definitely going to be some request for screenshots from the beginning of the show.
Old 03-28-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just hope lost stays on it's streak of good episodes since the Tricia Tanaka travesty.
Old 03-28-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just finished it. I have two thoughts on the episode.

Thought one: it reminded me on the Billy Crystal bits at the Oscars when they put him in the nominated films of the year. They did the same thing with Paolo and Nicky, and even had them finding things faster than the other survivors.

Thought two: I loved how both got buried alive, and how Hurley misheard "paralyzed" as "Paolo lies". The ending was terrific. Good to see some old castmembers, as well as earlier appearances by some Others.

Last edited by movieking; 03-29-07 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-28-07, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[Turk]
Spoiler:
Billy Dee!
[/Turk]

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.