Reload this Page >

Lost -- "Exposť" -- 03.28.2007

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "Exposť" -- 03.28.2007

Old 03-28-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MoviePage
I really liked this episode. Pointless? Pretty much gives final confirmation that the black smoke creates things/people out of thin air.
But haven't we seen things that the smoke monster created that were only SEEN?
Old 03-28-07, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The ending was great, the rest of the episode...not so much.

We did find out officially why Kate, Sawyer, and Jack were taken though.
Old 03-28-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, the episode was much better than I thought.

Next week looks good.
Old 03-28-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 632 Likes on 512 Posts
I really liked this episode. Pointless? Pretty much gives final confirmation that the black smoke "monster" creates things/people out of thin air, taken from the thoughts of people on the island.
What are you talking about? I don't recall that happening at all in the episode.
Old 03-28-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess the cameos were to remind us of how great the show was in the first season. I'm thinking the two characters were designed as a standalone story arc. It really didn't seem to fit in to other plot points, even though we got to see some back story from their POV.
Old 03-28-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RichC2
What are you talking about? I don't recall that happening at all in the episode.
The little rattlesnake-like sound that the smoke monster makes was heard before the spiders came to attack Niki.
Old 03-28-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
Yeah, I didn't see that either.

But I thought the episode was great--one of the best in a while. Especially surprising because when I heard it was about the "extras" I was ready for a total filler episode. But it was a good mystery with a great twist.

And I think it wrapped up a few plot points nicely (why Jack/Kate/Sawyer were taken, Sun vs. Sawyer and Charlie, etc).
Old 03-28-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
hmmm, i didn't hear the sound... and i thought all the spiders showed up because the female had been released (and squashed), releasing her phermones. As arzt said earlier in the episode.
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eplicon
I guess the cameos were to remind us of how great the show was in the first season. I'm thinking the two characters were designed as a standalone story arc. It really didn't seem to fit in to other plot points, even though we got to see some back story from their POV.
Yeah, at least we know the writers are thinking ahead a bit - with Paulo in the bathroom, volunteering to go along, etc.

I LOL when Boone was running around asking random people if they had a pen, and Niki looked at him like like he was nuts.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
The little rattlesnake-like sound that the smoke monster makes was heard before the spiders came to attack Niki.
Oh, I was wondering what that sound was...very interesting...
Old 03-28-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
hmmm, i didn't hear the sound... and i thought all the spiders showed up because the female had been released (and squashed), releasing her phermones. As arzt said earlier in the episode.
I thought that at first as well - it was obvious they were going to show up and paralyze her as well - but I don't know why else the smoke monster sound would've been heard.
Old 03-28-07, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, this is what I thought too. I don't think the smoke monster had anything to do with it.
Old 03-28-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by aktick
I must have missed that (it was broadcast in Mono here for some reason), Arntz or however you spell it, did say that the female spider that Nikki had produced a ridiculous amount of phermones and would attract a huge number of male spiders if they caught her scent (splatter = super scent). So I honestly don't think it was Smokey's doing.
Old 03-28-07, 10:29 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did hear the sound, but I didn't think it that important for just the reason you listed.

I just thought maybe it was coming and the spiders got their first or something so Paolo was paralyzed and she ran away before it could do anything.

Maybe it will turn out to be more than that, but I hardly see that single sound as some big confirmation or anything as mentioned by the other poster.

Last edited by Josh Hinkle; 03-28-07 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-28-07, 10:30 PM

I also thought the episode did a great job establishing what kinds of lives some of the "non-hero" losties have been leading these last three months. That was a very welcome angle to the show and worth exploring. But where were Rosie and Bernard? This would have been a perfect episode for them to reappear, but they haven't been seen or heard from in ages now.
Old 03-28-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvd182
Yeah, this is what I thought too. I don't think the smoke monster had anything to do with it.
Well, the sound was definitely there for a reason, right before the other spiders appeared.
Old 03-28-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really liked this episode. Pointless? Pretty much gives final confirmation that the black smoke "monster" creates things/people out of thin air, taken from the thoughts of people on the island.
Were we watching the same episode? Where did the smoke monster make an appearance? All the spiders came because of what the scientist/teacher said about the other spiders following. I don't think this had anything to do with the smoke monster.

And why are poeple saying Boone is gay? Just becuase of the comments Shanon said? I figured she was just being her normal bitchy self.

I thought this episode was decent but not needed. the way the writers talked about Nikki and Paulo, I would have figured they would've been more important. Oh well, cool ending and I hope we never see them again.
Old 03-28-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Interesting...more like an Edgar Allen Poe short story than a Lost episode. I loved it.
Old 03-28-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by firteen88
Were we watching the same episode? Where did the smoke monster make an appearance? All the spiders came because of what the scientist/teacher said about the other spiders following. I don't think this had anything to do with the smoke monster.
Yep, same episode. See discussion above.

Originally Posted by firteen88
And why are poeple saying Boone is gay? Just becuase of the comments Shanon said? I figured she was just being her normal bitchy self.
She said something to him about getting a seat "if you'd stop flirting with random guys." To me, that sounds like something more than a comment that she would pull out of nowhere just from bitchiness.
Old 03-28-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Great episode of Tales from the Crypt!

Crazy little episode.
Old 03-28-07, 10:59 PM

so what happenned with the spoiler about Paulo being shot in the head?!?!?

i guess they're saying it was a camera or photo headshot while being buried alive.
Old 03-28-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This episode was totally pointless and I can't believe that there are people that actually think that it was great. I guess you are the ones that are going to say it's still better than anything else on tv and are tell me to stop watching if I don't think so.
Old 03-28-07, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
This episode was totally pointless and I can't believe that there are people that actually think that it was great. I guess you are the ones that are going to say it's still better than anything else on tv and are tell me to stop watching if I don't think so.
I think the main issue is for some people it was a quality, entertaining hour of television, which imo - it was. Did it have a lot to do with the overall story arc? Naw, but being a filler doesn't instantly make it bad.
Old 03-28-07, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by actionjackson29
It was a very good episode. Not too relevant as to the ongoing stories...but still good.
Old 03-28-07, 11:10 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the sound was definitely there for a reason, right before the other spiders appeared.
Could just have been a red herring. It clearly wasn't needed to explain the spiders coming since Artz had already said that female spider emitted pheromones that would have males spiders flocking to her in seconds.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.