Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "Day 6: 8:00PM - 9:00PM" -- 03/26/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Damn near completely awful episode. You have to laugh when the President wakes up from the coma and looks/sounds absolutely coherant. If there was actually something on opposite 24, I'd stop watching. For now, it'll make suitable background noise while I'm working on other stuff.
I'm pretty much at the point where I might go back to my usual off-season Monday night ritual, goofing off online while WWE Raw plays in the background. When I'm willing to go back to watching the weekly trainwreck that's WWE, things are getting bad.
Old 03-27-07, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hilarious, silly episode.

I was trying to think of other unresolved "deaths"... anyone remember a couple seasons ago when

Spoiler:
Air Force One went down... did that kill the president at the time (forcing VP Logan to take over?) I can't remember.
Old 03-27-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Rainman will eventually become the new Edgar.
Old 03-27-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlackCapTen
Hilarious, silly episode.

I was trying to think of other unresolved "deaths"... anyone remember a couple seasons ago when

Spoiler:
Air Force One went down... did that kill the president at the time (forcing VP Logan to take over?) I can't remember.

That was Keeler. He survived, but was comatose (!) after the accident. His final fate, post season 4, was never revealed. Perhaps Dr Behrooz is taking care of him...
Old 03-27-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
This episode reminded me of an 80's sitcom when they'd do a "very special episode" and shed light on a certain cause or someone with a malady of some sort. I half expected Keifer to come on after the episode with a "The mentally challenged can be productive members of society" kind of speech, but it didn't happen.
Old 03-27-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This show is so incredibly stupid this season. Blah blah. I'm joining the chorus.
-ringding-
Old 03-27-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Well, one of the things that completely tainted this ep for me was the final revelation that the VP is trying to declare Palmer unfit. I just had to groan. You've done this already! But what are you going to do ...

And the other thing that really annoyed me was Milo and Nadia. Uh, hello! Wasn't it just a few hours ago that Milo was getting into a pissing match with Morris because they both wanted Chloe?! And then Chloe says in this ep how Milo's feelings for Nadia were pretty obvious. Well, it was obvious to me a few hours ago that Milo had feelings for Chloe! It reminded me of the Morris-is-an-alcoholic revelation. All of a sudden, out of the blue, we get the "have you seen your sponsor" thing. You just have to wonder sometimes, "How did we get HERE?"
Old 03-27-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by MrX
She was monitoring the websites for activity

Just like Pete Townshend.
Old 03-27-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just found it laughable that a nuke has gone off, two more are on the loose, a couple of hours ago the President was almost assassinated, but Milo and Nadia still make time to make out in the shadows of CTU.
Old 03-27-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
With Nadia having just been ripped apart emotionally, I half expected her to scream when Milo grabbed her forcefully and kissed her. Are we supposed to think she enjoyed that?

The only thing that has made a few of these episodes tolerable is watching them with Dave Barry.

It's too bad. 24 has been hands-down my favorite show since season one...now it seems so forced. I don't know why they don't get away from the regular CTU/President format and do something different. I thought they were going to because of the way last season ended, but alas, a few forced plot points and Jack's right back where he has been every season.
Old 03-27-07, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
What happens in Denver... stays in Denver.
Old 03-27-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Rainman will eventually become the new Edgar.
I was waiting for the reveal that he is really the one pulling Gredenko's strings.
Old 03-27-07, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I was waiting for the reveal that he is really the one pulling Gredenko's strings.
Or maybe they'll pull a St. Elsewhere, camera will pull back and we'll realize everything in the 24 universe took place in his mind!
Old 03-28-07, 07:24 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally Posted by Cartload
What happens in Denver... stays in Denver.
I think we're supposed to be dying to learn what happened in Denver, but I just can't muster up enough energy to care.
Old 03-28-07, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Forget about "jumping the shark", 24 now officially SUCKS. Now, had Jack actually tortured "RainMan" - that would have been a show.

Whomever posted that RainMan was "cougar" territory hit the nail on the head.

Short of killing off Jack or blowing up the White House, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done this season to redeem itself...wait a minute, I've thought of one:

The season finale has Jack waking up in a Chinese prison, realizing he's just had the most horrible dream...and is still in captivity.

Take that, Bobby Ewing!
Old 03-28-07, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
The only thing that has made a few of these episodes tolerable is watching them with Dave Barry.
Excellent link!! I loved reading his columns. And now with his perspective of 24, life just got a bit better!
Old 03-28-07, 11:05 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought Dave Berry was dead for some reason.
Old 03-28-07, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want to know who the Human Resource Director is that keeps hiring people that turn out to be moles or sells secrets to terrorists. Or is that person a mole too?
Old 03-28-07, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Groucho
I thought Dave Berry was dead for some reason.
No that's Fred Berry.
Old 03-28-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The "rainman" hacker was absolutely pathetic.

Whether it's math or playing the piano, idiot savants' abilities are about some inate talent. Setting up a proxy server is about technical knowledge, not some inate talent. An idiot savant does not have the facilities to acquire this knowledge.

I think the writers of this show are just plain ordinaty idiots (minus the 'savant').

Last edited by Flave; 03-28-07 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-28-07, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
1st and foremost, I think the show needs to replace Howard Gordon as the Executive Producer and showrunner.

He's the one who's been approving all these mediocre to bad scripts.
Old 03-28-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
You mean pulling a Kaiser Soze?

That woulda been cool...
Old 03-28-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Bandoman
I think we're supposed to be dying to learn what happened in Denver, but I just can't muster up enough energy to care.
I think his dad pushed him out a window and he was paralyzed for four years until he crashed on an island...no wait... yep.. don't care there either.
Old 03-28-07, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Forget about "jumping the shark", 24 now officially SUCKS. Now, had Jack actually tortured "RainMan" - that would have been a show.
I totally agree.

Jack: TELL ME GREDENKO IS!!!
Rain Man: I want to see my brother!
Jack: The only thing you'll be seeing is your bunk up close while your cell mate rapes you unless you tell me where I can find Gredenko.
Random CTU Redshirt: Agent Bauer, I have Mr. Buchanan on the line.
Bill: Jack, I heard you have a lead on Gredenko.
Jack: That's correct Bill. His name is Brady Hauser. He was hacking into the defense mainframe when we moved in. He claims to be autistic, but I'm sure it's just a ruse to buy Gredenko more time.
Bill: Jack, the ACLU will have a field day if you torture someone with autism. I'll have Chloe run a background check.
Jack: Dammit Bill, we don't have time for that! We have to get that information before Grendenko detonates another nuke!
Bill: Jack, I can't sanction this action! Stand down!
Jack: I can't do that Bill...

and then he rips some cords out of a lamp and you all know the rest.
Old 03-28-07, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm actually hoping that Vice Prez gets his way and nukes the world...at least it would be something new and interesting. Now that would be the crap hitting the fan, and that's exactly what this season needs!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.