TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rome - "Deus Impeditio Esuritori Nullus" - 3/18/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
That was caesars (actually Pullo's) kid

Okay - now I am confused. I must have missed something along the way. What do you mean by Caesar/Pullo here?

I figured that he was Antony's kid and he was asking about Antony and what kind of man he was before turning into a complete loon.
Old 03-19-07, 06:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The boy that Vorenus was talking to is Titus Pullo's son from when he fucked Cleopatra in Season 1 before she ever even met Julius Caesar. Caesar took her for a lover right after that and when she found out she was pregnant, everybody assumed it was Caesar's baby. It seems only Titus, Vorenus, and us know the true heritage of the boy.

Antony also had two children with Cleopatra who we were introduced to in this episode but they were MUCH younger.
Old 03-19-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jadow
Great ep, I am going to MISS this show! Pullo finding out his wife was poisoned then choking that bltch, was gripping, that was one tense scene. Then he just tossed her in the pool like garbage.

Wow!
I just finished it and yeah, that was intense. I was so happy to see that bitch die, though. And then to have him just dump her out like that was awesome.

Why do all the good shows have to die?
Old 03-19-07, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
The boy that Vorenus was talking to is Titus Pullo's son from when he fucked Cleopatra in Season 1 before she ever even met Julius Caesar. Caesar took her for a lover right after that and when she found out she was pregnant, everybody assumed it was Caesar's baby. It seems only Titus, Vorenus, and us know the true heritage of the boy.

Antony also had two children with Cleopatra who we were introduced to in this episode but they were MUCH younger.

OK. That makes much more sense know (particularly with the Last Will). Thanks.
Old 03-19-07, 08:19 PM
Banned

It should also be noted that at no point has the show specifically confirmed that Pullo is the father. Just a wink and a nod here and there to imply it.
Old 03-19-07, 09:16 PM

I will miss this show. I bet somehow when the two armies are fighting Pullo and Vorenus will see each other and one will get killed, probably Vorenus, while the other sees it and is too late to save them. But I secretly hope they live happily ever after as BFF
Old 03-19-07, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It should also be noted that at no point has the show specifically confirmed that Pullo is the father. Just a wink and a nod here and there to imply it.
I always imagine the little music cue Arrested Development ran with Oscar's father comments.

Old 03-19-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
As I recall there were some strong doubts as to whether Julius Caesar would sire an heir with her. After all, at his age he had only had the one daughter who had later died in childbirth. So Cleopatra specifically brought in Pullo to impregnate her (after Vorenus declined) because she needed Caesar to think he had idone so, thus making her the mother of Julius Caesar's heir. Of course, Caesar himself never considered him an heir regardless, having named Octavian in his will.
Old 03-19-07, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Birrman54
I always imagine the little music cue Arrested Development ran with Oscar's father comments.

I just tried www.ImCaesar.com with no luck.
Old 03-19-07, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
When Cleopatra was being brought back from the desert by the Roman Legions, Cleopatra said to her handmaiden that she needed to fuck THAT NIGHT because she was fertile THEN and wouldnt be by the time she got to Caesar...that is why she demanded to bang Vorenus, and Vorenus assigned the job to Pullo
Old 03-19-07, 10:40 PM
Banned

You're all doing very well pointing out the winks and nods. Congrats.
Old 03-19-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You're all doing very well pointing out the winks and nods. Congrats.
We await the DNA test.
Old 03-20-07, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe the finale will have a scene with Pullo and Caesarian locked in mortal combat. Pullo gains the upper hand and then declares to the young lad that he is his father.
Old 03-20-07, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
My prediction...instead of killing him, Pullo hides ceasarian and whisks him off to ...oh....lets say....Sicily...where they start thier OWN collegium....this one based on FAMILY, HONOR, COMMUNITY, and RESPECT.

Maybe in this thing of thiers they run protection rackets, gambeling, whores, and drugs (but not in thier neighborhoods, let the animals destroy thier own souls).
Old 03-20-07, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
It breaks my heart to see Marc Antony reduced to a drug-addled emo pussy.
Old 03-20-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
I felt like I was watching Skinamax for this episode.
I'd love to jackhammer Livia, but I wish she didn't have a rat face.
Old 03-20-07, 07:20 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

My prediction...instead of killing him, Pullo hides ceasarian and whisks him off to ...oh....lets say....Sicily...where they start thier OWN collegium....this one based on FAMILY, HONOR, COMMUNITY, and RESPECT
Yeah, because that's what Pullo is all about. Pullo who cheated on his wife and is indirectly responsible for her death. Pullo who before she was his wife, murdered the guy who was her lover. Pullo who locked an enemy in a cage for YEARS. Pullo who murdered a man in cold blood for money. Pullo who killed another man and nailed his hands to a door because he was a political rival of the people in power.

Yeah, that's what Pullo is about. Now don't get me wrong, he's my favorite character, and I root for him, but don't confuse him for a good person.

So far, the only people who seem to be good (using modern morals) were maybe, Cato, Cicero, and possibly Agrippa.
Old 03-20-07, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, because that's what Pullo is all about. Pullo who cheated on his wife and is indirectly responsible for her death. Pullo who before she was his wife, murdered the guy who was her lover. Pullo who locked an enemy in a cage for YEARS. Pullo who murdered a man in cold blood for money. Pullo who killed another man and nailed his hands to a door because he was a political rival of the people in power.

Yeah, that's what Pullo is about. Now don't get me wrong, he's my favorite character, and I root for him, but don't confuse him for a good person.
Actually, you made Pullo sound even more perfect for the destiny he was describing.

(Hint)
Old 03-21-07, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So far, the only people who seem to be good (using modern morals) were maybe, Cato, Cicero, and possibly Agrippa.
Thank you for completly missing the subtle point

ROME WILL SHOW THAT PULLO STARTED THE MAFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obvious enough for you now?
Old 03-21-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
OK. That makes much more sense know (particularly with the Last Will). Thanks.
Wow! Thanks for bringing this up. I had completely forgotten that Pullo had been with Cleopatra. I was thinking the kid was actually Antony's and not Caesars but was rather confused. Now this show is even better!
Old 03-21-07, 10:29 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

Thank you for completly missing the subtle point

ROME WILL SHOW THAT PULLO STARTED THE MAFIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obvious enough for you now?
d'oh
Old 03-21-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I'd love to jackhammer Livia, but I wish she didn't have a rat face.

I am amused everytime I open this thread that this is the first thing I read...