Reload this Page >

Jericho - "Semper Fidelis" - 3/14/07

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 03-14-07, 08:26 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another decent episode. Now they've got some major firepower.

Glad Hawkins's daughter killed that bitch, she was getting annoying.

When the fake Marine said Columbus was the new capital, I remembered that was the town Hawkins was supposed to take out - right? But it became nothing when it was all a bunch of BS.

Ep in 2 weeks could be good with
Spoiler:
somebody dying. Although plenty have died already, so it won't be a big shocker no matter who it is. My guess is the Dr. chick.

Hopefully they start feeding us more and more as to what's going on and who's responsible for everything.
Old 03-14-07, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isnt Hawkins supposed to be some sort of badass? Good thing his daughter was there to bail him out in his fight against a chick.

And those "marines" should have been hanged. The former mayor is a giant pussy.
Old 03-14-07, 08:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Isnt Hawkins supposed to be some sort of badass? Good thing his daughter was there to bail him out in his fight against a chick.

And those "marines" should have been hanged. The former mayor is a giant pussy.
I agree on both counts. Hawkins is pathetic. And take them out in the country and hang them from the rafters of a barn. The rest of the town doesn't have to know.
Old 03-14-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Good episode, but I agree that it was a stupid idea on the part of the old mayor to let the "marines" go. Now that the townspeople think help is on the way, they will be more wasteful and less apt to employ their survival skills.

Last edited by Quatermass; 03-15-07 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-14-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
Since when is Ooh-rah not a Marine thing?
Old 03-14-07, 11:23 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooah
Old 03-14-07, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah?! Well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oorah

Okay, so I wasn't aware that the two had similar unintelligibles.
Old 03-15-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I actually liked this episode.

Pretty funny how fast people will believe Iran and North Korea were behind it all.
Old 03-15-07, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty funny how people believe the bar still has beer!
Old 03-15-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts
But, don't forget Hawkins trained his daughter how to shoot. So, he saved himself.
Old 03-15-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm glad Sarah died. I was sick of looking at that damn cut on her nose.
Old 03-15-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two things really stood out to me this episode (which I enjoyed).

First, why ask to disassemble the working jukebox when you already know you have an old ham radio lying around? Of course it's a bit silly to waste what precious power they have on something like a jukebox, but that's besides the point. Seemed pretty dumb to me. And if there were wanting to save the ham radio for communication purposes, then he wouldn't have taken No so easily for the jukebox.

Second, it was pointed out multiple times this episode how bad things are "out there" and how well Jericho is doing compared to most places. So when Hawkins wife decides to leave him, just where in the hell is she planning on going?
Old 03-15-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog

Pretty funny how fast people will believe Iran and North Korea were behind it all.
Fox News and talk radio are immensely popular out in the sticks.
Old 03-15-07, 01:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Fox News and talk radio are immensely popular out in the sticks.
But in all honesty, who would YOU guess did it, if it happened and you were stuck out on the plains with no communication with the outside world?

Throw Russia and China in the mix, and I think most everybody would guess one of the four.
Old 03-15-07, 02:06 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
Two things really stood out to me this episode (which I enjoyed).

First, why ask to disassemble the working jukebox when you already know you have an old ham radio lying around? Of course it's a bit silly to waste what precious power they have on something like a jukebox, but that's besides the point. Seemed pretty dumb to me. And if there were wanting to save the ham radio for communication purposes, then he wouldn't have taken No so easily for the jukebox.

Second, it was pointed out multiple times this episode how bad things are "out there" and how well Jericho is doing compared to most places. So when Hawkins wife decides to leave him, just where in the hell is she planning on going?
I figure she's going to try and find an amenable neighbor, no way she's trecking on the road, mkaes no sense.

But moving away from her so called bad ass hubby, thats probably a good idea, since he is carrying a nuke around.
Old 03-16-07, 03:47 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
as for the oo-rah/hooah thing. the bald "marine" said "oo-rah" (he said later he'd seen lots of war movies... and he told the guy not to call him sir). It wasn't until the other guys said "hooah" in response (instead of "oo-rah") that the former mayor became suspicious.
Old 03-16-07, 05:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

yeah what a silly thought, much more realistic if it were canada
Old 03-16-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Philly30
yeah what a silly thought, much more realistic if it were canada
Ameri-da!

The fact this episode actually is being nitpicked instead of laughingly dismissed does at least demonstrate the show has actually gotten a little better. Any episode in which the dumb kids don't appear is instantly better.
Old 03-16-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I figure the already poor survialists of jericho will become even more pathetic since they think help is right around the corner now

and they should have kept the body armor, marpat, and molle gear of the "marines"
Old 03-16-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
as for the oo-rah/hooah thing. the bald "marine" said "oo-rah" (he said later he'd seen lots of war movies... and he told the guy not to call him sir). It wasn't until the other guys said "hooah" in response (instead of "oo-rah") that the former mayor became suspicious.

They got me with that. I thought it was just standard, horrible, corny Jericho writing when he told the guy not to call him sir because he works for a living. Didn't dawn on me that they were fake, not sure why since I even saw the previews for this episode last week and knew the Marines were up to no good.
Old 03-16-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
If your plan calls for you to get a radio transmission from "home base" which requires you to leave town, why go around beforehand asking for parts to fix your radio? What if the town had none? "Oh..., uh... the radio just started working on it's own!"
Old 03-16-07, 08:24 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Better episode. Glad they have put the teenagers drama into the background. I want to see a bit more violence though, like in those 70s/80s post apocolapse exploitation movies.
Old 03-17-07, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bronkster
Pretty funny how people believe the bar still has beer!
They aren't drinking beer, it's like some corn whiskey (possibly a moonshine)
Old 03-19-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
But in all honesty, who would YOU guess did it, if it happened and you were stuck out on the plains with no communication with the outside world?

Throw Russia and China in the mix, and I think most everybody would guess one of the four.

If it is was one bomb, okay, but a coordinated nuclear attack on the US - those 2 countries don't have that capability. Not even close. Certainly Russia and China do.

I'd guess Russia or China or an internal plot to overthrow the government.

Last edited by Red Dog; 03-19-07 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-19-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
If it is was one bomb, okay, but a coordinated nuclear attack on the US - those 2 countries don't have that capability. Not even close. Certainly Russia and China do.

I'd guess Russia or China or an internal plot to overthrow the government.
I'd go with the latter, myself.

Providing that the geopolitics of "Jericho" are the same as our own, I'd take China off of the table. They're holding too much of our debt to start a pre-emptive conflict/first strike that would collapse our economy. Russia doesn't really have any reason to start anything of that scale.

North Korea and Iran are possibilities; though I doubt either of them could pull off something of this scale.

Since (I believe) the nukes weren't delivered by ICBM and instead were smuggled and hidden, it makes it seem like whoever is ultimately responsible is trying to cover their tracks. So it could be something like a government plot, or maybe the Russian mob, trying to pin it on someone like NK or Iran, but who have motives that aren't readily apparent.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 03-19-07 at 02:41 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.