Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol -- Results Show (From 16 to 12) -- 03/08/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I will definitely be voting for Sanjaya next week just to keep the national outrage going strong.

Ditto.
Old 03-09-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
The girl from Hawaii? You mean Jasmine Trias? She's actually really big in the Phillipines. I believe she released 2 albums there that were pretty big. She also is on commercials and magazines there as well. She did release one U.S. album on an independent label.
Yeah, that's her. I went to Oahu last year and there were posters of her everywhere promoting some gig or album release. She still sucks.
Old 03-09-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
They probably start doing the car commercial music videos next week

PLEASE... run Sanjaya over.
Old 03-09-07, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is still hope in America

Antonella is finally gone
Old 03-09-07, 05:17 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho
I love those. They're awesomely bad. They suck on a level that Uwe Boll is probably envious of.
Old 03-09-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good show. I disagree with Sundance and Sabrina leaving, but overall I'm OK with the top 12. Sure, there are some bad ones there but they'll get the boot in the first few weeks.

As for those thinking that Lakisha Jones and Melinda Doolittle will both make it to the final few, it ain't going to happen. One or the other will make it, but not both. As others are eliminated, their fans will go to similar singers. In fact, I'm going to say that Lakisha will be 7th person left.

As for votefortheworst, both of the singers they had picked (Antonella Barba and Sundance Head) were eliminated. It's no suprise that they are going with Sanjaya.

Somebody had mentioned the tour before, I'm pretty sure it's only the top 10 that go on the tour.
Old 03-10-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho

PLEASE... run Sanjaya over.
I guess this is the first time American Idol had an Indian participant in the top 24 now top 12...

Looks like a large population of indian voters are surfacing up in USA saving this A.I. finalist...

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I will definitely be voting for Sanjaya next week just to keep the national outrage going strong.

Last edited by xage; 03-10-07 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-10-07, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm really sad to see Sabrina leave AI and not make it to the top 12. I was positive that she was going to make it at least to the top 5. Obviously, America didn't share my opinion on this.

In regards to Sanjaya, I believe that his fans will keep him in the competition for at least another two weeks.
Old 03-10-07, 03:48 PM

What was with Sabrina's face as she got kicked off? She looked like an anteater.
Old 03-11-07, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xage
I guess this is the first time American Idol had an Indian participant in the top 24 now top 12...

Looks like a large population of indian voters are surfacing up in USA saving this A.I. finalist...

Please don't make these clear cut assertions without anything to substantiate them. It's the same shit that Yao Ming went through when he beat out Shaq in All-star voting and a bunch of people blamed internet voting from China. It turned out that he beat out Shaq on PAPER ballots and Shaq actually garnered more internet votes.

I'm Asian and I thought Paul Kim did deserve to be out (although I thought he was better than Sundance and 1 or 2 others, on the 1st episode of the final 24). This despite the fact that we have mutual friends.
Old 03-12-07, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok, finally got caught up with this show so I can post and read the threads, I mean I was still watching the auditions just last week.

Anyway, Do they know it's a singing competition? I mean how in the hell did Haley get in above Sabrina? I guess because it's all teenager voting, for looks, image, etc.? /rant
Old 03-12-07, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cowell has supposedly said that if Sanjaya wins, he won't come back to the show.

That's all I need to be the biggest Sanjaya fan ever!! Vote now, and vote often!!
Old 03-12-07, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by adamblast
Cowell has supposedly said that if Sanjaya wins, he won't come back to the show.

That's all I need to be the biggest Sanjaya fan ever!! Vote now, and vote often!!
So you want the show to lose the one true judge it has? Beautiful.
Old 03-12-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess there is no hope in America.
Old 03-12-07, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Terps54423
So you want the show to lose the one true judge it has? Beautiful.
I want *all* reality TV to crash and burn. And I want its producers to be fined millions of dollars for making America even stupider, and the money given to me personally. That's not unreasonable, is it?
Old 03-12-07, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not likely as much as he might want. He's in contract and makes huge amounts of money.
Old 03-12-07, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You need to be stuck in an elevator with Paula and Randy for about 12 hours and have Sanjaya music playing non stop.
Old 03-12-07, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

What do you have to do to get Paula and Randy to leave too?