Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol -- Results Show (From 16 to 12) -- 03/08/07

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-07, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
America got it wrong big time. I can deal with Jared and Antonella leaving, but Sabrina deserved to be in the top 12. I have to agree with some of the guys here that if she got her hair straightened, she would look so good. I think it did wonders for Jordin. I have mixed feelings about Sundance. He had a really good audition, very mediocre Hollywood week, and only 1 good live semifinal performance. I would have still given him another shot in the top 12.

I am praying for Sanjaya to choke next Tuesday. He's awful and unbearable to look at and listen to.

Loved the return of Carrie Underwood!! She's a true class act and an awesome talent.
Big time! I haven't seen her in a while and have forgotten just how beautiful that girl is. Wow.

Yeah, I hope Vajaya, sorry, Sanjaya chokes next week too.

....sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 03-09-07, 08:08 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Please make sure to put spoiler tags on any discussion involving dialidol.com or/and votefortheworst.com when posting prior to the airing of the results show.
I'm going to keep asking this until I get an answer: why are we putting votefortheworst discussion in spoiler tags?
Old 03-09-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There are a few bright spots, but this seems like the weakest top 12 since season 3.

Although I will say this: Sanjaya is a better singer than John "Red Crooner" Stevens.
Old 03-09-07, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Daytripper
Oh puke. You're right, he isn't a good singer. He STINKS. And he's absolutely painful to watch. He's such a waif, he makes Clay Aiken look like Henry Rollins.
At least Sanjaya doesn't think he's a good singer. Compared to the sense of entitlement some of the other no-talent hacks have, I find his attitude refreshing.
Old 03-09-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Since Haley and Phil both made it to the final 12, Sanjaya could be safe for at least 2 more weeks. The producers must be loving the outrage over Sanjaya's presence in the final 12, it gets people talking about the show the next morning.

Haley survives from the Simon Effect. When Simon totally goes out of his way to diss someone as badly as he did Haley, it creates that weird rallying effect (it happened with John Stephens in season 3 when Simon would just rail on the poor kid, and then one week Simon decides to praise the kid, and his supporters think he's safe and they don't vote for him as fervently as possible, and John got the boot that week).
Old 03-09-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
Carrie Underwood

No kidding.
Old 03-09-07, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Haley survives from the Simon Effect. When Simon totally goes out of his way to diss someone as badly as he did Haley, it creates that weird rallying effect (it happened with John Stephens in season 3 when Simon would just rail on the poor kid, and then one week Simon decides to praise the kid, and his supporters think he's safe and they don't vote for him as fervently as possible, and John got the boot that week).

That's exactly what happens.
Remember the girl from Hawaii? He bashed her up and down and who left?
LaToya London! Talk about an outrage.

I'm no fan of Sunjaya's.. but I don't want to see this kid crucified. If he continues singing at the same level he's singing now.. that's exactly what is going to happen and it ain't cool.
Old 03-09-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia

Personally I could not be happier about Sundance getting the boot. I loved how American Idol intentionally upped his humiliation factor by putting up against Sanjaya.

The only thing that would have made the moment better is if Sanjaya had turned to Sundance and said "That's ok, you can be my butler."
You must be referring to a comment Sundance made to the kid who he was up against pre-Hollywood. I remember that snarky comment.

I am still shocked at the results. Antonella was booted (deservedly) but Sabrina? Creepy bald guy (horrible singing) and Sanjaya (boring) stay but Sundance leaves (mediocre performance but better singer)? I guess America doesn't like grudge!

Well, with this lot of singers, maybe the show's ratings will start their downward fall this season.
Old 03-09-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose

Although I will say this: Sanjaya is a better singer than John "Red Crooner" Stevens.
No way. Look, I was no fan of John Stevens either. He wasn't a "pop" singer in the traditonal sense, but at least he had a voice. Sanjaya's voice is so lite and wispy, it gets lost if there is any band or backup singers around him.
Old 03-09-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Is it just me, or is this the blandest bunch yet? Nobody really seems to have any stage presence and it comes off like a high school talent show.
Season 3.
Old 03-09-07, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can understand some of the outrage, but people thinking that Idol will finally fall because this season being the worst?

Seriouslly. Nothing will ever touch season 3. This season we at least we have some talent somewhere (The girls)

Season three was a big empty hole. If anytime the show was going to fall apart. It would have been after season 3.

This show will always have life. Look at who the most popular artists have been from? Sure you have Kelly from season 1. But season 4 and 5 has produced the next biggest hottest stars. Daughtry and Underwood.
Old 03-09-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Although I think it sucks that Sabrina Sloan was voted off. I felt she actually had the Vocals and the 'look' to be the next american idol. I think melinda and Lakeisha have more talent, but I dont know if they have the 'look'.

So I think the next few that have the look and talent are stephanie edwards and Gina Glockson.
Old 03-09-07, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
You can't have everything, at least Antonella got booted. I liked Sabrina, but Simon's rude comments to Haley were really out of line, what is your name? Below the belt. Without those comments, Sabrina stays. Haley belongs on a Disney on Ice tour, she's got that kind of voice.

Sundance was getting on my nerves, I have no problem with him gone. but Sanjaya, where he gets his votes from are one of the continuing mysteries of this show.

I think the most of Girls are really solid, so the Top 12 is not a total joke. At least every other singer will be decent.

Does anyone know what its worth $$ wise to make the top 12? Figuring they all get a piece of the tour and the best of CD that gets released. I figure its worth at least $100k. So getting cut, is really painful at this stage.
Old 03-09-07, 09:10 AM

He's such a waif, he makes Clay Aiken look like Henry Rollins.
Good one.
Old 03-09-07, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will definitely be voting for Sanjaya next week just to keep the national outrage going strong.
Old 03-09-07, 09:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Does anyone know what its worth $$ wise to make the top 12? Figuring they all get a piece of the tour and the best of CD that gets released. I figure its worth at least $100k. So getting cut, is really painful at this stage.
IIRC, only the top 10 gets to tour.
Old 03-09-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
I wouldn't be surprised if it was substantially lower than that. They don't have legal representation going in, most of them probably don't even look at the contracts. And why should they? They are lucky to be in the spot they are. Money or not, they will possibly get somewhere because of Idol. Heck, maybe even win an Oscar.
Old 03-09-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sundance gone !!!!

BTW, there was a Bucky Covington and Diana Degarmo sighting on Larry King Live the other night .
Old 03-09-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Sundance gone !!!!

BTW, there was a Bucky Covington and Diana Degarmo sighting on Larry King Live the other night .

Diana Degarmo was just on Broadway recently doing "Hairspray"
Old 03-09-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I kinda miss the Judge's pick from yesterseasons ago. I still laugh at Simon putting Carmen Rasmussen through to the final 12 in season 2.
Old 03-09-07, 12:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he makes Clay Aiken look like Henry Rollins.
Old 03-09-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby

That's exactly what happens.
Remember the girl from Hawaii? He bashed her up and down and who left?
LaToya London! Talk about an outrage.
LaToya is doing all right now. She's doing the Color Purple stage play w/ Fantasia.

As for that Hawaiian girl she's actually really big in Hawaii singing with Don Ho from what I've heard. I don't think she deserves it, though; she's a terrible singer.
Old 03-09-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
That rendition of Stuck in the Middle With You was terrible. It seemed like 1/2 of them didn't even know the words.
Absolutely. It was just brutal. Then again, I can't stand any of the group performances they do. I think it is about as bad of an idea as making the people who just got told they have sing the same song from the night before again. The group songs, though, blech....they remind me of the Brady Bunch "kids in a music group" episodes.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 03-09-07 at 12:40 PM.
Old 03-09-07, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
Absolutely. It was just brutal. Then again, I can't stand any of the group performances they do. I think it is about as bad of an idea as making the people who just got told they have sing the same song from the night before again. The group songs, though, blech....they remind me of the Brady Bunch "kids in a music group" episodes.
Or the Brady Bunch Variety show. So painful. Remember Chris Daughtry during these? With that "please kill me" look on his face?
Old 03-09-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by mrhan
LaToya is doing all right now. She's doing the Color Purple stage play w/ Fantasia.

As for that Hawaiian girl she's actually really big in Hawaii singing with Don Ho from what I've heard. I don't think she deserves it, though; she's a terrible singer.
The girl from Hawaii? You mean Jasmine Trias? She's actually really big in the Phillipines. I believe she released 2 albums there that were pretty big. She also is on commercials and magazines there as well. She did release one U.S. album on an independent label.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.