Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Godsend" -- 01.22.2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Originally Posted by darkside
I've gone from loving this show to being put to sleep by it. I want to know what is going to happen in the end, but I'm no longer enjoying the journey. They are just dragging out the storyline far too slowly for my tastes.
I may start recording the show so I can fast forward through it from now on.
Wow. You just saved me some typing. Ditto. The Nikki/Jessica thing is cringingly annoying at this point. Also I am hoping the mind-reading cop's blonde partner (who is an apparent graduate of the Mannequin Skywalker Acting Academy) gets offed soon. Come to think of it, the Hiro storyline is the only one that doesn't dddrrrraaaagggg most of the time. This show needs to get a move on, and soon.
Old 01-24-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 609 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by dpz301
was the security guard not paying any attention when DL reached his hand through the glass to hold hands with nikki?
I thought that too, but there are partitions between the booths that blocked his view.
Old 01-24-07, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
The Nikki/Jessica thing is cringingly annoying at this point.
It's been that way for me for the longest.
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Also I am hoping the mind-reading cop's blonde partner (who is an apparent graduate of the Mannequin Skywalker Acting Academy) gets offed soon.
Still trying to figure out Ausiello was getting a hard on over the fact that she's on the show...
Old 01-24-07, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

mini-Bilson's mugshot
Old 01-24-07, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Disappointing episode after Fallout, which was great. It seemed to just remind everybody of what each person's powers were. As hot as Ali Larter is, I wish they would stop showing her stupid scizho scenes. By the end of the episode when we were watching Claire try and kill herself at that contrsuction site again, I was rolling my eyes at the irony.

LOST > Heroes, by a long way.
Old 01-24-07, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue588
It's been that way for me for the longest. Still trying to figure out Ausiello was getting a hard on over the fact that she's on the show...

She's amazing on Carnivale and in movies (effective as hell in 21 Grams despite the small part), but she is painfully bland on this show.
Old 01-24-07, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Bronkster
I thought that too, but there are partitions between the booths that blocked his view.
I was waiting for the "No Touching!" shout
Old 01-24-07, 12:07 PM

Just finished watching this latest episode. Thinking about the Hiro / Dinosaur painting being somewhat off, I wonder if they encounter someone with shape-shifting powers a la Beastboy that Hiro ends up fighting?
Old 01-24-07, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
She's amazing on Carnivale and in movies (effective as hell in 21 Grams despite the small part), but she is painfully bland on this show.
I suspect that Audrey won't be on the show much longer. Once Matt integrates in with the rest of the "heroes" and the search for Sylar ends, she won't really be necessary anymore.

Plus, Clea DuVall is a fairly in-demand character actress so I don't see her being a regular.
Old 01-24-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think they should work in some sort of all-female prison angle with Nikki, except instead of one of the other prisoners making advances on her, Jessica would be the one trying to seduce her.

For example, all the other prisoners would be wondering what's going on while she's trying to grope herself in the shower at the same time she's trying to resist.

Alas, it's network TV and there's no way they'll allow such a thing to get my interest in her subplot which has failed to catch my attention from the start.
Old 01-24-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by hardercore
Disappointing episode after Fallout, which was great. It seemed to just remind everybody of what each person's powers were. As hot as Ali Larter is, I wish they would stop showing her stupid scizho scenes. By the end of the episode when we were watching Claire try and kill herself at that contrsuction site again, I was rolling my eyes at the irony.

LOST > Heroes, by a long way.
Not in my view. More happens in one episode of Heroes than in any 3 episodes of Lost outside of the season finale.
Old 01-24-07, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by sabre
I know everyone knows this already but i have to rant aka express myself. This show is such a blatant rip off of X-Men it's not even funny. It's the politically correct version of the X-Men. I wonder if Tim Kring, or whatever his name is, has to pay Stan Lee any royalties. Heroes is the early days of the X-Men before the public found out about the mutants. I can see the creator of this show watching X-Men and saying I know how you could do a Beginning story. It'd work as a TV show. I wonder if i can steal it and get away with it. I don't care what anyone says this show has no orignality in any way, shape or form. It steals an idea and then sets it at the beginnning of the mutants. Whatever. But the level of interest in this show when it's blatant rip off of someone else's idea is disappoointing. But the public never ceases to amaze me at the amount of sh*t they can be swallow and then smile.
and you'll still keep watching
Old 01-24-07, 02:05 PM

heroes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> lost
Old 01-24-07, 02:29 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still think it's a great show. I like how the characters appear to be bad then turn out good or vise versa. My concern is that they're going to drag this show out like Lost.......hopefully not
Old 01-24-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Right now Lost is still a better show. Better characters, actors, plotlines, but Heroes definitely trumps it in the pacing department.
Old 01-24-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts
Speaking of Lost, the next time Peter has one of his exploding dreams where the whole cast is there with him, I wish they'd show Michael running down the street screaming "WAAAAAALLLLLLT!"
Old 01-24-07, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogue588
It's been that way for me for the longest. Still trying to figure out Ausiello was getting a hard on over the fact that she's on the show...
I am not positive, but I think that this might be her last episode. Ausiello mentioned that this was the last episode for a female cast member, but you probably wouldn't notice that she was even leaving since it was done in a subtle way. She is the only one that I can think of, since she basically washed her hands of Grunberg.

Also, another special guest cameo has been leaked:

Spoiler:
Stan Lee
Old 01-24-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nikki + DL + kid = boring. I hope they get weaved into the greater plot pretty soon. As it is, I almost want to fast forward through all of it.
I enjoyed the rest of it, despite not much happening.
Old 01-24-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
mini-Bilson's mugshot
i was expecting that post two pages of the thread ago, haha.
Old 01-24-07, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I forgot!
Old 01-24-07, 07:34 PM

This was an ok episode. It was kind of slow, but I think that's because they were trying to make a re-cap episode for potentially new viewers, without really doing a complete re-cap episode.

Plus, am I the only person who just wants to hold Peter down and shave his head? I absolutely can't stand his bangs always getting in his face!
Old 01-24-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Right now Lost is still a better show. Better characters, actors, plotlines, but Heroes definitely trumps it in the pacing department.
well put
I think you are my long lost twin brother Michael.
Old 01-25-07, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
well put
I think you are my long lost twin brother Michael.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Speaking of Lost, the next time Peter has one of his exploding dreams where the whole cast is there with him, I wish they'd show Michael running down the street screaming "WAAAAAALLLLLLT!"
Old 01-25-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Just watched it this morning. Looks like things are moving along as normal. I wasn't surprised by anything. Well that is not completely true I was surprised at where they were at in the show. I didn't think the bad guy would still be locked up. I didn't think nikki would ever get to jail. That sort of thing. And I'm not to clear how Bomb man got to Nevada.

Save the cheerleader save the world.
Old 01-25-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Baron, that's my major beef with these online comics. I have no problem with supplementing the show with online comics. but it shouldn't hurt the show. if the information moved to the comics (how sylar was subdued, how radioactive ted escaped the authorities) leaves plot holes in the show, that's a bad thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.