Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "Godsend" -- 01.22.2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Dissapointed in this episode, outside of Hiro's scenes. The Nikki/Jessica storyline just gets more and more boring to me.
Old 01-23-07, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe he can't turn it off which is why he's a bum. Maybe he uses the money to put into vending machines. His power probably makes things he directly touches go invisible. If he touches the ground though, since it's made up of so many different things, it's not all affected perhaps.
Old 01-23-07, 11:39 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
The Nikki/Jessica storyline just gets more and more boring to me.
Well, we did learn something new this week: she can use her super-strength as Nikki, not just Jessica.
Originally Posted by treszoks
Maybe he can't turn it off which is why he's a bum. Maybe he uses the money to put into vending machines.
He could be sending money to family as well.
Old 01-23-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think they're going to have problems with the character if the invisible man can't make himself visible. It makes it tough for everybody other than Peter to interact with him.

Now, it could be that he doesn't know how to make himself visible and they'll have to help him figure that out. That could be cool.
Old 01-23-07, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Maybe he doesn't actually become invisible, but there's some kind of psychic field around that him that prevents people from seeing him. That would explain why his clothes are invisible.

One problem with a truly invisible man is that he would be blind because light would pass through his retinas.
Old 01-23-07, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

He could also be bending light like the cloaking devices they're developing for military use.
Old 01-23-07, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
He could also be bending light like the cloaking devices they're developing for military use.
Right, like Bond's car from Die Another Day
Old 01-23-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Did anyone else notice that when Nikki was slammed against the glass that there seemed to be a an impression left on the glass on the other side? Almost like there was a mirror image of her being slammed on the other side of her.
Old 01-23-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
They send you an auto response email after you submit the application.
Old 01-23-07, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
This was described in a recent issue of EW & TV Guide. Don't know if it's tonight or a later episode:

He waves his sword at a dino exhibit in a museum. Very disappointing.
Unless he does briefly face off against an actual dinosaur sometime down the road (in a future episode). Foreshadowing.
Old 01-23-07, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fumanstan
Dissapointed in this episode, outside of Hiro's scenes. The Nikki/Jessica storyline just gets more and more boring to me.
I've gone from loving this show to being put to sleep by it. I want to know what is going to happen in the end, but I'm no longer enjoying the journey. They are just dragging out the storyline far too slowly for my tastes.
I may start recording the show so I can fast forward through it from now on.
Old 01-23-07, 02:20 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it's still a good show. Speaking of dragging out, Lost is guilty of that. Not that I want to know the answers straight away, but they are dragging that show out big time.
Old 01-23-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Which is why I stopped watching Lost midway through the first season. I picked up the first two seasons on DVD cheap thinking I would give it a second try, but have yet to watch them.

My biggest irritation with Heroes is also the fact the HD feed is messed up every single week. Either the video is not coming though correctly, the sound has tons of echo or it is out of sync with the video. This doesn't happen with any other NBC show I watch in HD, but happens 90% of the time with Heroes.
Old 01-23-07, 03:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I know everyone knows this already but i have to rant aka express myself. This show is such a blatant rip off of X-Men it's not even funny. It's the politically correct version of the X-Men. I wonder if Tim Kring, or whatever his name is, has to pay Stan Lee any royalties. Heroes is the early days of the X-Men before the public found out about the mutants. I can see the creator of this show watching X-Men and saying I know how you could do a Beginning story. It'd work as a TV show. I wonder if i can steal it and get away with it. I don't care what anyone says this show has no orignality in any way, shape or form. It steals an idea and then sets it at the beginnning of the mutants. Whatever. But the level of interest in this show when it's blatant rip off of someone else's idea is disappoointing. But the public never ceases to amaze me at the amount of sh*t they can be swallow and then smile.
Old 01-23-07, 03:35 PM

Remarkable that you'd watch twelve episodes of show that you despise so much.
Old 01-23-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sabre
I know everyone knows this already but i have to rant aka express myself. This show is such a blatant rip off of X-Men it's not even funny. It's the politically correct version of the X-Men. I wonder if Tim Kring, or whatever his name is, has to pay Stan Lee any royalties. Heroes is the early days of the X-Men before the public found out about the mutants. I can see the creator of this show watching X-Men and saying I know how you could do a Beginning story. It'd work as a TV show. I wonder if i can steal it and get away with it. I don't care what anyone says this show has no orignality in any way, shape or form. It steals an idea and then sets it at the beginnning of the mutants. Whatever. But the level of interest in this show when it's blatant rip off of someone else's idea is disappoointing. But the public never ceases to amaze me at the amount of sh*t they can be swallow and then smile.
Agreed. They even introduced 'Pyro' in this last ep.

Are they going to steal all of the X-Men characters?
Old 01-23-07, 04:09 PM

The nuclear guy was introduced several episodes ago, and his powers are nothing like Pyro in X-Men.
Old 01-23-07, 04:41 PM

I think it would be hard for anyone trying to create a story about people with emerging powers to not use at least some (if not all) of the powers ever shown in the X-Books. I mean, what else would be left that could be useful as a superhero?

With that said, I think that the new hero that will be introduced soon has a pretty cool power that I've never seen before.

Spoiler:
Wireless and her ability to "read" computer data being sent through satellites, wifi, etc.

Be as it may, it's not the powers that have kept me interested so far... it's the journey of each person affected.
Old 01-23-07, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Give me Arm Fall Off Boy!!

http://www.popcultureaddict.com/comi...uperheroes.htm
Old 01-23-07, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Kind of ironic that Peter wants to go out to Nevada where the Nuclear Caveman just happens to be...
Old 01-23-07, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im still a fan of the show but this ep was kinda dull,seemed like we are going over the same old stuff but maybe i was expecting more after the hiatus.
Old 01-23-07, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Who cares? Stop watching if it bothers you so much. The show is awesome and fun, who cares if they took some ideas from X-Men. ALL comics and fantasy strories do that.
Old 01-23-07, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

there's only so many different super powers they can create or use.

was the security guard not paying any attention when DL reached his hand through the glass to hold hands with nikki?
Old 01-23-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man, that was one slow episode. I'm afraid that if they don't start picking things up, 24 is going to kill this show.
Old 01-23-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's see:

Heroes = Shit that is swallowed by smiling public

Heroes = X-Men

X-Men = Shit that is swallowed by smiling public?

Thats harsh words for X-Men, something it seems that guy likes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.