Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is 24 Addictive ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by roger_d
I find myself yelling at the screen and getting angry at certain characters.
Damnit Kim you Extremely annoying, Although drop dead hot, idiot!

I wouldnt consider that a spoiler
Old 12-28-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Depending on how much time you have, you could easily finish 1 season within a week.
But...he's running out of time!

I didn't watch the 1st season. I was talked into S2 when it aired, and now it's a part of me. I'll even skip the first hour of RAW to watch it!
Old 12-28-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Hard to argue with all the other posters here. Here's my story. I borrowed season 1 from a friend back when I was a medical student doing my surgery rotation (yep, bad timing!). I had to wake up at 4:30am back then to get to the hospital by 5:30, and the very first night I watched 24 season 1, I could not stop...... until it was 2am and I was 8 episodes in, and decided that I really had to stop otherwise I'm going to be in really deep doodoo at work. The problem is that after every episode, I continue watching just to see how the cliffhanger gets resolved.... and one thing leads to another....

Yeah, be careful!
Old 12-29-06, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
while were asking questions is Paris Hilton a whore?
24 is seriously the only thing I've come in contact with that actually made me sit alone in my room watching a shows whole season in one setting. I bought season 1 way back during Christmas two years ago when amazon had alot of fox season 1 shows for 14.99(back when that was a insanely great deal that didn't occur every other day like it does now) and blind bought it. Needless to say the following summer when I actually got around to watching it I couldn't stop, I Called in sick to work,Then immediately ran out and bough season 2 and 3. (than got my dad hooked on it after he questioned why the hell I spent a whole weekend watching the same show for hours on end). But I can't watch the show weekly, I can't wait for episodes, and have commercials in between.
Old 12-29-06, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2J850
while were asking questions is Paris Hilton a whore?
24 is seriously the only thing I've come in contact with that actually made me sit alone in my room watching a shows whole season in one setting. I bought season 1 way back during Christmas two years ago when amazon had alot of fox season 1 shows for 14.99(back when that was a insanely great deal that didn't occur every other day like it does now) and blind bought it. Needless to say the following summer when I actually got around to watching it I couldn't stop, I Called in sick to work,Then immediately ran out and bough season 2 and 3. (than got my dad hooked on it after he questioned why the hell I spent a whole weekend watching the same show for hours on end). But I can't watch the show weekly, I can't wait for episodes, and have commercials in between.
Wow. NEARLY every single thing you have said can be applied to my situation as well.
Old 12-29-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
24 isn't addicting. Life just gets in the way.
Old 12-30-06, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
unless, of course, you are Jack Bauer, who we all know can kick a three year heroin addiction in a matter of hours.
Jack Bauer is not addicted to heroin.....Heroin is addicted to Jack Bauer
Old 12-30-06, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Strange but true story, I was so freaking engrossed with season 1 that I decided not to watch the show anymore past that point. I honestly just couldn't stand the suspense.

I'm actually afraid to buy season 2 on DVD because I don't think I could handle it. Seriously.
Old 12-30-06, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I also find myself getting more wrapped up in the show. I actually watched Season 5 when it was broadcast. I actually yelled out "NOOO!!!" near the beginning of the premiere. I'm sure all of you 24 fans know why...man that got to me.
Old 12-30-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Originally Posted by madcougar
Strange but true story, I was so freaking engrossed with season 1 that I decided not to watch the show anymore past that point. I honestly just couldn't stand the suspense.

I'm actually afraid to buy season 2 on DVD because I don't think I could handle it. Seriously.
Seriously, your afraid to watch the show past Season 1 because you were way too engrossed in it?? That's the whole point of the show, it's suppose to keep you wanting more for 24 episodes. Did it prevent you from getting house work or errands done?
Old 12-30-06, 04:37 PM

You ever suck dick for 24?!
Old 12-31-06, 02:32 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

DAMN IT!!! 24 is very addictive to say the least.

I watched Season 1 live and then opted to watch season 2-4 on DVD. I just got Season 5 for Xmas and hope to have that watched by the time the Season 6 premiere hits the screen. Then I'll be able to use the DVR to catch all the episodes if I have to miss any.

I constantly found myself watching "just one more episode" because I was so engrossed in it
Old 12-31-06, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ovid
You ever suck dick for 24?!
yes
Old 12-31-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

not addictive for me at all
Old 12-31-06, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
not addictive for me at all
Freak.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Seriously, your afraid to watch the show past Season 1 because you were way too engrossed in it?? That's the whole point of the show, it's suppose to keep you wanting more for 24 episodes. Did it prevent you from getting house work or errands done?
You mock but my sister and dad are the same way. They both flew through season one and depsite me offering up season 2+ they don't want it because they know they will get so engrossed that things won't get done around the house and don't want to devote the time to watch it. They both know once they start they will have to finish it and not take their time doing it either.
Old 12-31-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
I haven't seen any episodes of 24

i have now gotten hold of seasons 1 - 4 and plan on watching them soon

Are they mega addictive ?

Done any watching? Addicted yet?
Old 12-31-06, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been watching 24 since Episode 1 aired, and been hooked since. Many wait for the DVD's to watch them in a weekend, but I love the cliffhangers every episode. I got my brother hooked last year when he watched S1-4 in his 2 weeks of vacation. Right now he is watching the S5 set which he grabbed as soon as it arrived in the house
Old 01-01-07, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't understand how someone could stop watching seeing as how Season 1 ends...
Old 01-01-07, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
How can you guys watch this show on DVD? And miss the weekly DVDTalk threads?!?!?!?!

Those fucking things are more entertaining than the show
Old 01-02-07, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
It took me a little over a year to watch seasons 1-4 on DVD. Each season I watched in roughly a week's time - one disc every night for six nights. I would go to bed between 1 and 2am, then wake up for work. But it didn't stop there. I also had to spend the day reading all of the old comments on DVD Talk about the episodes I just watched, which were fresh in my mind. All I could think about during the day was getting home to watch the next four episodes in one sitting. By the end of the week, I was too exhausted from the commitment to start up another season right away.

I watched season 5 in two-hour blocks on WGN, which was a little rough.

I can't imagine what watching one hour a week for season 6 is going to feel like. I'll probably feel like a junkie with my supply cut off.
Old 01-02-07, 03:15 PM
Banned

I just finsihed watching the entire season 5 DVD. The good news: Another fantastic season(although quite depressing). The bad news: I have to wait until December til I can finally get my '24" fix.

The President situation has me really curious.
Old 01-02-07, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dalvin
I just finsihed watching the entire season 5 DVD. The good news: Another fantastic season(although quite depressing). The bad news: I have to wait until December til I can finally get my '24" fix.

The President situation has me really curious.
Dude, just give in and watch Season 6 on tv. Seriously, it's a great experience to watch it with millions of other people at the same time and then running to dvdtalk to discuss. I made the switch for Season 5 and I don't regret it one bit...
Old 01-03-07, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Weekly really isn't that bad with 24 since it is non-stop through the end of the season.
Old 01-03-07, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up season 2-5 during Best Buy's $20 sale, so I might just have to TiVo season 6 for when I'm done.
Old 01-03-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by areacode212
Isn't it super hard to avoid spoilers if you only watch it on DVD, though? It's a show where stories about character deaths & plot twists regularly show up in newspapers & magazines after the episodes air.
Actually, it's very easy when you don't read newspapers or magazines and don't listen to radio or watch TV. The only TV I watch is on dvd, as I can't stand to have to wait another week until the next episode.

And to the OP, yes, it's addicting as hell, but you probably figured that out by now. Enjoy!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.