Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beauty & the Geek premieres on Wed Jan 3, 2007 on the CW

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-07, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
That sucked. Sheree was probably my favorite. I find her very attractive, at least when she keeps her hair straight - gorgeous eyes.

Indeed, straight hair=beauty

curly hair=geek

Aside from looks, it was sad to see one of the women go who seemed to be there for the right reasons and who was smart. If that's even possible on an Ashton Kutcher produced, ringer filled, scripted show.
Old 01-11-07, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
The more I think about it, Sharee didn't seem so harsh towards Paio and his inability to change in anyway. But its not like he can improve himself physically in anyway when looks he is only about 5 feet tall, and skinny with greasy hair.
Old 01-11-07, 08:49 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jennylee is my girl; I mean she is so insanely, perfectly, exquisitely hot that I find it hard to even pay attention to the "storyline" when she's on screen. The other two that will do in a pinch for me are Andrea (her gorgeous eyes make up for her somewhat horsey teeth) and Erin (in spite of her looking like crack whore chic with a perpetual look of aghast horror on her face, there's just something about her)...
Old 01-11-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Andrea is the hottest one to me. This is an entertaining show, I never caught the other season(s). I just remember seeing some big time dork named Richard acting a fool.
Old 01-15-07, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this season is looking more promising than the last one for some reason. I like how all the geeks are really likeable thus far; and most of the girls too except for Cecile.

Andrea will probably be the next to go, it's too bad, she's my favorite, then Nadia. They both did a great job at the museum, so they may go pretty far...

who names their kid Neils? Everyone probably pronounces it Niles but it's said like Neil's.
Old 01-16-07, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was disappointed that somehow Mario went from telling Nadia that they should break up the blonde clique to nominating the 2 brunettes. That was weak. Still, I think they are the best couple.
Old 01-16-07, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In terms of strategy, it was the best thing he could do. They were definitely the two most devoted in terms of studying, so getting rid of one of them helps him get closer to the money.
Old 01-16-07, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If the blonde click remains intact and gets rid of Andrea and Matt, just remember they will eventually have to turn on each other.
Old 01-17-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
In terms of strategy, it was the best thing he could do. They were definitely the two most devoted in terms of studying, so getting rid of one of them helps him get closer to the money.
Yeah, no kidding. Why break up their "alliance" and have the majority against her, especially when I can't envision an intellectual challenge that some of those blondes could actually win. When they turn on each other, I think Nadia has a leg up on the rest of them.

Of course, this is if they are in it to win, and not to be fair to the people that "deserve" to be there...
Old 01-17-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well we will see who are really the geeks and who are ringers after tonights makeover episode for the geeks.
Old 01-17-07, 01:47 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I wonder if Grizzly Adams and the Unabomber will be shaving their beards?
Old 01-17-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You mean Nate and Scooter, I am guessing yes.
Old 01-17-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was starting to like Jennylee until she said that shit to Andrea. "It's because I'm cooler than you." WTF. Andrea handled it very well. It's sad to see her go, becuase like Sheree, she was taking it seriously and getting a lot out of it. She learned to play chess! And she was the hottest.

Now I'm totally rooting for Nadia. Jennyleee and Cece are the worst.

I'm pissed.
Old 01-17-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
I was starting to like Jennylee until she said that shit to Andrea. "It's because I'm cooler than you." WTF. Andrea handled it very well. It's sad to see her go, becuase like Sheree, she was taking it seriously and getting a lot out of it. She learned to play chess! And she was the hottest.

I'm pissed.
Andrea was a little too competitive, but she was definitely trying to get something out of the experience. Loved those shorts though.

And really what was the deal with the questions that Andrea got? Outside advertising? To this point Nadia and Erin are the only likeable girls left.
Old 01-17-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

how was she too competitive? just wondering...

She definitely went out with class, IMO. Loved how she called out Jennylee, "how have we been weak?" or whatever she said. on the steps. awesome.
Old 01-17-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That made me sick seeing Jennylee bitch at Andrea because she was learning how to play chess. I guess she takes no joy in wanting to become more than some blonde bimbo, Andrea was exactly right in that the rest of the women need to learn and interact more with guys instead of just looking pretty by the pool. From the looks of CCg next week, she doesn't appear to be any better. I guess I will be rooting for Nadia & Mario, and Drew & Erin from here on out.
Old 01-17-07, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BUt on the plus side the guys seemed to have cleaned up very well.
Old 01-17-07, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just when I was convinced O'Reilly was the biggest ass on tv, there came JennyLee to prove me wrong.

I still believe the show is rigged. I have a hard time believing she couldn't have manipulated him into choosing someone else.

If he's got a backbone strong enough to deal with her antics and hysterics about how sad it would be for her to lose Nate, who's not even her partner, you'd think he'd also have been able to ask why she cared more about Nate than him since he's her partner.

2 of the girls left are hideous looking. Cecille and that other girl with gigantic melons and a face that could use a bad to cover it. The one who said she was a member of the mile high club.

Then you have a pretty girl who's now officially unlikeable, JennyLee, and the other 2 blonde who are cute like a bunny, but don't really stand out as beauties.

Gonna miss Andrea, but lost a little respect for her when she didn't have what it took to take JennyLee down when they got into that catfight. In fact, while Andrea's points were more accurate, JennyLee got the better smack for her money and Andrea walked away. I was hoping Andrea would call her out.
Old 01-18-07, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Gonna miss Andrea, but lost a little respect for her when she didn't have what it took to take JennyLee down when they got into that catfight. In fact, while Andrea's points were more accurate, JennyLee got the better smack for her money and Andrea walked away. I was hoping Andrea would call her out.
Like I said, I think Andrea did right by walking away. She was the bigger person. She didn't stoop to Jennylee's level. How can you not respect that?
Old 01-18-07, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Like I said, I think Andrea did right by walking away. She was the bigger person. She didn't stoop to Jennylee's level. How can you not respect that?
I hear ya, but it's an Ashton Kutcher produced reality show, so I guess I'm expecting ridiculous, scripted behavior all the time.

Still, it wasn't the Andrea needed to get nasty, but maybe just have that one really good one-liner and then walk away. That was all I was really hoping for, just because JennyLee was clearly being a total bitch and had that look of superiority all over her face.
Old 01-18-07, 12:41 AM

I'm pissed.
I liked Jennylee until she came down hard on her partner for the decision he was about to make. Another 'beautiful' on the outside, but so 'ugly' on the inside type of woman.

There are now officially no women that I like on this years Beauty & the Geek. And that includes all of the women that were eliminated.

Only the guys seem to be real people, with honest feelings.

The women from the first season seem to be so much nicer and 'real'.

Chris
Old 01-18-07, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
how was she too competitive? just wondering...

She definitely went out with class, IMO. Loved how she called out Jennylee, "how have we been weak?" or whatever she said. on the steps. awesome.
It just seemed from the first episode that what she really wanted more than anything was to win, and then obviously it became necessary for her to win in order to stick around. I'll give her credit though for trying to make the most of the experience. Matt seemed like a good guy, but it didn't seem like he matched her intensity level.
Old 01-18-07, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I'll miss Andrea's body. Nadia is really the last hope.

Oh, I think Jennylee was being sarcastic with the "I'm cooler than you" comment to Andrea but her chess comment was idiotic nonetheless.
Old 01-18-07, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
With Andrea gone, I'm going to stop watching this show. I can't stand the rest of the women left. It seems that they are there just for a vacation or time off. They don't even seem motivated to win the prize money.
Old 01-18-07, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was hoping that Cecille would get eliminated last night. Also, what's with Jennylee's bad attitude when her partner want to pick a team? They get two picks this week so each person get to pick one team. That's the fair thing to do. Also, Jennylee was shown to be the one who pressured Nadia last week into voting for 2 brunette teams. Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but Jennylee seem more of a fake with her dyed blond hair. I like to see Cecille and Jennylee to get eliminated the next 2 weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.