Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

90210 Question about Brandon/Kelly

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

90210 Question about Brandon/Kelly

Old 10-24-06, 02:24 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: east texas
Posts: 5,473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90210 Question about Brandon/Kelly

i have been watching the 90210 reruns on soapnet and they just got done with the brandon/kelly called off wedding thing. IIRC, it was near the end of the season and in the next season, jason priestley left not too long into it. the whole 'almost' wedding seemed really abrupt and i was wondering if it was broken up because priestley already knew he would be leaving the next fall?
Old 10-24-06, 02:26 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Hail to the Redskins!
Posts: 24,887
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
--
Old 10-24-06, 02:32 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,073
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Wow!
That episode probably aired 8-9 years ago. I recall Priestly did annouce he was leaving the show and had agreed to star in a very limited number of episodes the season he was leaving. Then, the show dragged on for 3-4 more seasons.
Old 10-24-06, 02:35 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,210
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow!
That episode probably aired 8-9 years ago. I recall Priestly did annouce he was leaving the show and had agreed to star in a very limited number of episodes the season he was leaving. Then, the show dragged on for 3-4 more seasons.

He left early in S9. Luke Perry came back soon after Brandon left (he actually came back the same episode Val left). The series lasted about another season and a half after that (10 full seasons).
Old 10-24-06, 02:41 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,435
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They should have stopped the show once the kids left college.
Old 10-24-06, 02:48 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 857
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Either that, or they should have gone back to West Beverly for 90210: The New Class.
Old 10-25-06, 01:25 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
argh923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Muncie, IN [Member formerly known as abrg923]
Posts: 6,341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it sad that I'm actually going to buy this series on DVD?

I hope I don't hate it now that I'm older.
Old 10-25-06, 09:16 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 123,210
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
They should have stopped the show once the kids left college.

I agree, particularly since things ended pretty well tied-up at the end of S7.
Old 10-25-06, 09:21 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
madcougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Houston
Posts: 6,690
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still miss Screech and the gang. Did he ever bang Lisa? How about Mario doing so well on that dance show?
Old 10-25-06, 11:42 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,748
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
He left early in S9. Luke Perry came back soon after Brandon left (he actually came back the same episode Val left). The series lasted about another season and a half after that (10 full seasons).
Yeah, Dylan showed up the episode after Brandon left. (I'm thinking it was based around Thanksgiving as Val was going to Buffalo to visit her mom for the holiday and at the last minute - decided that she would stay there for good.)

I thought it would have been cool to have Brandon leave/Dylan returned not only in the same episode but also the same scene. (They could have had Brandon leaving in his car-going down the street in one direction. We then pan to see a car coming up the street in the other direction but before we see who is in the car, we then cut to the party at Casa Walsh. The doorbell rings a few minutes later, Steve answers it and its Dylan at the door.)

Val could have left the episode before and even after-maybe having one last time with Dylan.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 10-25-06 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-25-06, 11:58 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Dr. Henry Jones, Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: My Car
Posts: 6,752
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Is it sad that I'm actually going to buy this series on DVD?

I hope I don't hate it now that I'm older.

yes
Old 10-25-06, 12:39 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 5,147
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was always annoyed that Shannon Dorhety didn't come back for at least the wedding episode. You'd think that Brenda would want to come to her TWIN brother & former best friend's wedding. She was on Charmed by that point so Spelling and her were at least working together.

I also seem to remember Brandon's parents weren't even there. I think his parents would be the type that would be there no matter what.
Old 10-25-06, 07:06 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
DaveNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Sacramento (The City of a Beer)
Posts: 6,998
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you're thinking too much
Old 10-26-06, 06:56 PM
  #14  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by resinrats
I was always annoyed that Shannon Dorhety didn't come back for at least the wedding episode. You'd think that Brenda would want to come to her TWIN brother & former best friend's wedding. She was on Charmed by that point so Spelling and her were at least working together.

I also seem to remember Brandon's parents weren't even there. I think his parents would be the type that would be there no matter what.

Jim and Cindy were there for the wedding. They gave a toast at the rehearsal dinner.

Also, there was one episode that seperated Brandon leaving and Dylan returning. Val left on Thanksgiving night and Dylan showed up minutes later, which means shouldn't have they ran into each other in the driveway?? lol

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.