Prison Break -- "Dead Fall" -- 10/23/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Prison Break -- "Dead Fall" -- 10/23/06

"Dead Fall" Episode #208.
Spoiler:
Sucre turns on the rest of the escapees and escapes with the $5 million; Internal Affairs investigates Mahone about Tweener's death; Lincoln determines to reunite with LJ but may be walking into a trap.

Cast: Dominic Purcell, Wentworth Miller, Amaury Nolasco, Marshall Allman, Wade Williams, Paul Adelstein, Robert Knepper, Rockmond Dunbar, Sarah Wayne Callies, William Fichtner, Matt Decaro, Jason David , Reggie Lee, Diana Scarwid, Bruce Bennett, Alexandra Lydon.
Producer(s): Paul Scheuring, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Matt Olmstead, Brett Ratner.

Original Airdate: October 23, 2006.
Old 10-23-06, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll still watch but, I don't like this show as much now that they are out of prison.
Old 10-23-06, 12:42 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Glad to have this show back.
Old 10-23-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That Michael Scoffield... he always knows how to get out of a bind.

I was when those two bozo's (guards.. can't think of their names) were sitting in the bar and one had to call his mother to come pick them up.
Old 10-23-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great episode. best of the season by far! Prison break is back baby!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-06, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Tbag outsmarted Scoffield again.
Old 10-23-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't quite know why, but the scene with with TBag driving away in the truck seemed incredibly well done. Something about the direction, music, etc...

Good stuff.
Old 10-23-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As soon as that other woman was walking toward the phone, it was obvious was was going to happen.
Old 10-23-06, 10:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Using the motorcycle to pull the tree off Sucre had me
Old 10-23-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
I was when those two bozo's (guards.. can't think of their names) were sitting in the bar and one had to call his mother to come pick them up.
That was some funny shit.
Old 10-24-06, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How on earth did they get away from the cops with the dogs in the river so quick? Next thing you know, they were at the dealer buying a car. Where did they get the money for that?

The timing was weird in this episode because they just got away from the lady's house and the next you know she is already being interviewed on the TV. I can't believe she would have given the stupid guards the money and not have already given it to the FBI or police.

I did really like that Scofield set-up Sucre double-crossing them, but even cooler that T-Bag outsmarted them. I also dropped my jaw when that woman at the pay phone got killed instead of Sara, although I can't believe it took her that long to figure out that guy betrayed her. I thought it was obvious as soon as that lady was shot. When she took the lady's wallet, I thought Sara was going to plant her ID on the woman's so I was surprised that they figured it out right away that Sara was not actually dead.

I also liked the reveal that Mahoney is in on the conspiracy stuff.
Old 10-24-06, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Sara was so dumb! Did the writers think we wouldnt get that the guy was double crossing Sara when the lady was gunned down at the phonebooth? They had to have her call the guy?
Old 10-24-06, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
Next thing you know, they were at the dealer buying a car. Where did they get the money for that?
One of them pocketed 5,000 of the 5 mill.
Old 10-24-06, 01:57 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

How on earth did they get away from the cops with the dogs in the river so quick? Next thing you know, they were at the dealer buying a car. Where did they get the money for that?
That's still not as bad as the season finale when the cops were about 100 yards behind them
Old 10-24-06, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I also liked the reveal that Mahoney is in on the conspiracy stuff.
Though not willingly, so there's a chance of redemption for his character. Possibly by Michael getting him out from underneath Evil Pillsbury Doughboy's thumb.
Old 10-24-06, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The timing was weird in this episode because they just got away from the lady's house and the next you know she is already being interviewed on the TV. I can't believe she would have given the stupid guards the money and not have already given it to the FBI or police.

She probably did, but they let her keep it.. these two idiots have no money so they took it as 'evidence'.
Old 10-24-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian Gentz
One of them pocketed 5,000 of the 5 mill.
Michael passed out pocket money to each of the cons.

And I agree, I'm not digging this show so much with them out of the prison. And the reveal at the end that Fincher was working with the SS guy just was another jump the shark moment.
Old 10-24-06, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I can't believe she would have given the stupid guards the money and not have already given it to the FBI or police.

I agree 100% The secret service would have taken the $ and ran the serial numbers. That bill could have prints, DNA evidence - but 2 fat ass guys come walking up, no marked car, flash a tin badge and they get the $100

Did anyone notice that that old car that was for sale at the lot was $1,740 !!!

I see cars in the paper that are '95s that are going for less than that!
Old 10-24-06, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Michael passed out pocket money to each of the cons.

And I agree, I'm not digging this show so much with them out of the prison. And the reveal at the end that Fincher was working with the SS guy just was another jump the shark moment.
I am gonna have to agree somewhat about the reveal with Fichtner's character. I don't know if I would consider it jumping the shark, but for some reason it was a big let down to me to find out that he is just another person in bed with the whole conspiracy thing. I thought he was a more interesting character when it was believed that he was more or less legit and just incredibly driven to catch them, but also had the mysterious personal stuff going on.
Old 10-24-06, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by SexualPudding
It was a big let down to me to find out that he is just another person in bed with the whole conspiracy thing. I thought he was a more interesting character when it was believed that he was more or less legit and just incredibly driven to catch them, but also had the mysterious personal stuff going on.
I agree with your comments completely. I never really liked the conspiracy angle to begin with (not that they have even revisited the main conspiracy since the begining of the season either). This is just getting to be too much.

I still really like the show, and Michael's modern-day Mcguyver is fun to watch, but man, he keeps getting outwitted by a half-retarded hillbilly.
Old 10-24-06, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm done. Oh well, I loved this show last season. I cannot recall a show tanking this fast.
Old 10-24-06, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisih8u
Yeah, Sara was so dumb! Did the writers think we wouldnt get that the guy was double crossing Sara when the lady was gunned down at the phonebooth? They had to have her call the guy?
I figured it out where he said "Where are you?" It would have been more shocking if he wasn't in on the conspiracy.

And how did Michael miss that rope when he was digging around for twigs to use as leverage to un-pin Sucre? It was right there.
Old 10-24-06, 12:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chrisih8u
I think they assumed since we're still watching the crap they write we probably are retarded and needed an explanation.
Old 10-24-06, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also funny that they sent the world's most inept henchman to kill Sara. Was that like his first day on the job?

He has a gun on her and she sprays him and all he can do is rub his eyes and let her get away?
Old 10-24-06, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

$5M in $100 bills weighs over 110 pounds, and we are to believe that nobody noticed the shifty one-armed gimp filling up a pack with magazines then swapping these hefty packs?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.