Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 10 -- "I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!" -- 10/15/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be eliminated tonight?
David and Mary (Married Couple)
15.38%
Dustin & Kandice (Beauty Contestants)
0%
Lyn and Karlyn (Single Moms)
23.08%
Peter & Sarah (Dating)
15.38%
Rob & Kimberly (Dating)
3.85%
Tyler and James (Models)
0%
Erwin and Godwin (Brothers)
0%
Non Elimination
42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 10 -- "I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!" -- 10/15/06

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
Good call!

I don't really like the new rules about coming in last. It was more interesting when they lost their money and clothes. Having them keep all of their possessions, and only being assessed a 30 minute penalty if they don't come in first on the next leg doesn't seem nearly as bad.

I disagree - has the no-money penalty ever mattered previously? The penalized team always seem to get help from a few other teams and a few strangers - enough to get them around.

Hell, losing the backpack probably helps - nothing to lug around.
Old 10-16-06, 09:23 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I think they changed the rules because last season the hippies came in last twice and went on to win the whole thing. If you can easily overcome the penalty, it's not much of a penalty.
Old 10-16-06, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I really like the new penalty for the last place team. As others have said, teams have figured out ways to quickly compensate for their lack of money, often through help from other teams. It had gotten to the point where it wasn't as severe of a handicap.

My favorite line of the night: "Is that a homeless cow?"
Old 10-16-06, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
I also like the new rule. I think it will lead to some dramatic conclusions in the coming weeks.
Old 10-16-06, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I enjoyed this episode, the whole getting to India drama was great. I'm sure the editor was bored out of his mind putting that together. Good work, though. When Phil finally spoke again like 30 minutes later, I'd forgotten he was part of the show.

Kimberly, when they were on the bus said, 'I wanna be around rich folks in Europe' amongst a highly English speaking nation of Indians...what a dum dum.

When Peter and Sarah were waiting at the bus stop... "Get it together, Sarah."

And when the drug boys were doing the rice design thing... "I feel like a retarded kid." heheh.

I am now officially pulling for the Beauty Queens. They are smart, competitive, good looking, and good looking. The Cho's are cool too, with their fake cell phone gag. I also like the druggies. They are much better than the usual frat boys.
Old 10-16-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
The Cho's are cool too, with their fake cell phone gag.
If you're gonna fuck with people, why share information with them later?
Old 10-16-06, 05:47 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
we all know the sitting there for 30 mins before anyone else comes makes great drama!

the cho boys t-shirts were funny.
Old 10-16-06, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent_MN
. The Cho's are cool too, with their fake cell phone gag. .
Yeah, except that it backfired on them. Pretty stupid.
Old 10-16-06, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I forgot that part. lol.
Old 10-17-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't the same thing happen when Rob & Amber from Survivor were on? Rob was trying to mess with somoeone so he asked if they had gotten the earliest flight. He was joking but the person called the airline and their actually was an earlier flight that they booked & beat Rob & Amber to the next place.
Old 10-17-06, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wonder if Kentucky's alliance with Alabama and the Cho's will help them out next week. Say, for example, Kentucky is right behind one (or both) of their allies heading toward the pit stop. Would Alabama or the Cho's let Kentucky by them to get first place (and stay in the game)?
Old 10-17-06, 09:21 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I don't really like the new rules about coming in last. It was more interesting when they lost their money and clothes. Having them keep all of their possessions, and only being assessed a 30 minute penalty if they don't come in first on the next leg doesn't seem nearly as bad. Granted, judging from the sky, they have quite a bit of time to make up, but it is nothing that a flight or a park opening can't fix.
Yeah, but the beauty of it is that it is accessed at the end of the leg, so bunching and flights is irrelevent. Just look at the gay couple a few weeks ago. They were given a 30 minute penalty when they road on those motorcycles, and when they tried to check in that sent them from 2nd place to 2nd-to-last. I'm assuming this penalty will be the same deal.. if they don't come in first they will have to wait with Phil for 30 minutes before they can check in. Considering David & Mary are usually in the back of the pack anyway, this will be a huge burden to overcome.
Old 10-17-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
I wonder if Kentucky's alliance with Alabama and the Cho's will help them out next week. Say, for example, Kentucky is right behind one (or both) of their allies heading toward the pit stop. Would Alabama or the Cho's let Kentucky by them to get first place (and stay in the game)?
That'd be a pretty big gesture, since coming in first on a leg usually gets you a trip or prize of some kind.
Old 10-17-06, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Merkin Muffley
I would ABSOLUTLY let them in front of me to finish 1st, alliance or not...they are easier to beat than some of the other teams who might finish last

AND, the new last place rules are good because you can see a scenario where the two last teams at a roadblock are in an alliance, one team finishes first and heads to the mat, the last team can then give the leaving team all thier money on the agreement that they will give it back after the non-elim

Last edited by Tommy Ceez; 10-17-06 at 11:00 AM.
Old 10-17-06, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JCWBobC
Didn't the same thing happen when Rob & Amber from Survivor were on? Rob was trying to mess with somoeone so he asked if they had gotten the earliest flight. He was joking but the person called the airline and their actually was an earlier flight that they booked & beat Rob & Amber to the next place.
Yeah, Rob was trying to mess with Gretchen. I couldn't really blame the guy because watching Gretchen freak out was highly entertaining. Anyway... Gretchen told Uchenna that Rob had a better flight and so he called about getting better flights.

Later, Rob & Amber and Ron & Kelly tried to get better flights, but they either got bad information or the flight was full.
Old 10-17-06, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang
I really like the new penalty for the last place team. As others have said, teams have figured out ways to quickly compensate for their lack of money, often through help from other teams. It had gotten to the point where it wasn't as severe of a handicap.

My favorite line of the night: "Is that a homeless cow?"
I agree on both your comments (penalty and quote). It will actually some more suspense at the end of the show depending on where they finish as they count down the 30 minute penalty to see if another team beats them rather than easily getting flush with cash from tourists at the beginning of the show.

As for the team which most annoys me, it has to be Peter and Sarah. For a motivational speaker, Sarah sure is whiny little thing. Her comments about Peter are mostly baseless. I can live with the fact he doesn't want to share information, but just come right out and say that politely rather than being a j@ck@$$ and make up stories which no other team is going to believe until they verify it themselves.