DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 10 -- "I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!" -- 10/15/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/480798-amazing-race-10-i-covered-his-mouth-oh-my-gosh-10-15-06-a.html)

LorenzoL 10-15-06 08:25 AM

The Amazing Race 10 -- "I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!" -- 10/15/06

"I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!"
Spoiler:
An impromptu alliance ends when the teams try to ditch each other at a connecting airport; one member's slower pace causes the team to miss a bus.

Producer(s): Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram Van Munster, Jonathan Littman, Hayma Screech Washington.

Original Airdate: October 15, 2006.

Arpeggi 10-15-06 12:48 PM

I voted for Peter and Sarah to be eliminated.

Groucho 10-15-06 12:50 PM

I voted non-elimination, with David and Mary coming in last.

Brent_MN 10-15-06 01:12 PM

I still miss the hippies.

Graftenberg 10-15-06 01:33 PM

I vote for Sarah to kick Peter in the ass with her one good leg.

LorenzoL 10-15-06 01:49 PM

Even though they are not as annoying as when they first started off, I voted for the Single Moms to be eliminated.

Ravenous 10-15-06 02:12 PM

Peter should kick her in the ass. Last ep ruled cause it seems like hes tired of her shit. Remember the first ep and how he encouraged her and showed her love and all that? Dude liked her, than he was a total ass to her. I think they showed him her confessionals. Guy puts up with her gimp ass and shes weary about him? Yea, sure. I loved when he told her to take out her handicaped sticker last ep, that was great.

I hope they make it to the end!

Red Dog 10-15-06 06:00 PM

DVR ALERT:

There will be an overrun on football.

LorenzoL 10-15-06 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
DVR ALERT:

There will be an overrun on football.

Game ended now. Make sure to pad your DVR roughly around 22 minutes.

Red Dog 10-15-06 06:23 PM

23 minute overrun.

astrochimp 10-15-06 07:42 PM

And once again Peter takes the lead for the "pompous jackass of the week" award.

Really liking the beauty queens,they certainly aren't dumb and are very competitive.

skatefan20 10-15-06 07:53 PM

Wow...doesn't take much to obtain an Indian driver's license! rotfl

Spoiler:

David and Mary, last one to arrive, avoid getting kicked off.

They get to hold on to their possessions, but are marked for ELIMINATION.
They must be the first team to arrive at the end of the next leg, or incur a 30 minute penalty.

cdollaz 10-15-06 08:31 PM

I was hoping the hillbillies would be going home as the wife is one of the biggest nags I have ever seen on this show.

MadMark 10-15-06 08:43 PM

Phil: "Due to local laws, airline tickets cannot be purchased at the airport. Teams can purchase their airline tickets at a travel agent"

Cathay Pacific office at airport = Travel Agent ? :hscratch:

Peter :bmonkey:

ChrisHicks 10-15-06 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by skatefan20
Wow...doesn't take much to obtain an Indian driver's license! rotfl

geez, that's just like driving in Michigan. :D

Red Dog 10-15-06 09:23 PM

Very boring episode.

I like the new non-elim 'penalty' though.

Bill Needle 10-15-06 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I was hoping the hillbillies would be going home as the wife is one of the biggest nags I have ever seen on this show.

Unless the next episode's roadblock involves eating a skunk or losing a toe, I suspect they won't be around much longer.

Boot 10-15-06 10:43 PM

The challenges tonight were pathetic. Put a rubber band around alligator's snout after a wrangler already secured it tightly! Now, drive a car around the block!

Why even bother. Just tell them to run around for awhile and then head to the pit stop.

Arpeggi 10-15-06 10:57 PM

New rule is cool.

Peter is still a twat.

Patman 10-15-06 11:09 PM

Well, we know why Peter's still single. It's either Peter's way or the Indian highway!

chowderhead 10-16-06 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Well, we know why Peter's still single. It's either Peter's way or the Indian highway!

well that and the fact Peter said "you go sister" to Sarah as she was hoping that fence in the gator challenge.

movieking 10-16-06 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I voted non-elimination, with David and Mary coming in last.

Good call!

I don't really like the new rules about coming in last. It was more interesting when they lost their money and clothes. Having them keep all of their possessions, and only being assessed a 30 minute penalty if they don't come in first on the next leg doesn't seem nearly as bad. Granted, judging from the sky, they have quite a bit of time to make up, but it is nothing that a flight or a park opening can't fix.

Chew 10-16-06 06:52 AM

I do like the change in rules. The "lose all your possessions" was figured out by loading down with wearing clothes. "Hand in all your money" has an easy way around it too. The fact that the penalty "could be" different every time makes it more difficult, even if it's only a 30 minute penalty this time.

fernsita 10-16-06 08:04 AM

First of all, I am SO annoyed that this show does not start on time bc my Tivo starts to record at 8pm and thankfully I was actually watching live this week so it didn't get cut off like last week, but Argh...I just wish that they would at least start it at 830 exactly so I can reprogram it correctly.
On another note, Peter is just becoming my LEAST favorite guy! He is such a mean spirit to his GF, and I thought that she was going to become annoying to me but it was the other way around!

Chew 10-16-06 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by fernsita
First of all, I am SO annoyed that this show does not start on time bc my Tivo starts to record at 8pm and thankfully I was actually watching live this week so it didn't get cut off like last week, but Argh...I just wish that they would at least start it at 830 exactly so I can reprogram it correctly.

This will happen every Sunday during football season, we'll just have to get used to it.