Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"1 vs 100" October 13, 2006 series premiere

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-07, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ahhhh!!! When I saw that this thread was bumped - I thought "Great! News that it was Canceled!"

Sadly it is not the case.
Old 01-19-07, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cpa-esq-stfu
Old 01-19-07, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
Ahhhh!!! When I saw that this thread was bumped - I thought "Great! News that it was Canceled!"

I don't understand posts like this. I hope your TV gets more than one channel. If you don't like it, don't watch it.
Old 01-19-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

But it's one of the better game shows in recent memory...
Old 01-19-07, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was nice to see that black guy loss all of his money. If you use the computer every friggin day as he claimed, it was obiviously gas.
Old 01-19-07, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the first time in this show's short history, I was upset that they put the question and possible answer choices at the bottom of the screen. That woman was HOT.
Old 01-19-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
It was nice to see that black guy loss all of his money. If you use the computer every friggin day as he claimed, it was obiviously gas.
Yeah, I was laughing my ass off at that.
Old 01-19-07, 09:12 PM

The wife loves this show and had it on in the background. How Saget totally missed the chick picking "the number A" is beyond me. The commercial about the "last man standing" mob has me interested.
Old 01-19-07, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
For the first time in this show's short history, I was upset that they put the question and possible answer choices at the bottom of the screen. That woman was HOT.
But omigod was she annoying and obnoxious. I'm not sure her huge tits could've made up for that.

Yeah, they probably could.

And 26 out of 43 mob members thought Renee Zitwanker gained more weight for Bridget Jones than Robert DeNiro did for Raging Bull?

The commercials were especially infuriating. Five minutes of show, then five minutes of commercials.
Old 01-19-07, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was personally shocked that 9 people (or whatever the number was) actually saw and remembered Raging Bull well enough to get the answer right. In fact, I think that's the biggest problem with the show -- the mob isn't nearly knowledgeable enough.
Old 01-20-07, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
I was personally shocked that 9 people (or whatever the number was) actually saw and remembered Raging Bull well enough to get the answer right. In fact, I think that's the biggest problem with the show -- the mob isn't nearly knowledgeable enough.
I argued about this last night. They have all these "genisus" as part of the mob, yet a couple quetions and boom they're gone. If they were so smart they should be there alot longer.
Old 01-20-07, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
The mob isn't supposed to be a bunch of geniuses. The contestants are normal people and they are playing against their peers with a ringer or 2 thrown into the mob. That's the point of the show. No one would watch if the mob members were all very smart and the contestant didn't win anything.
Old 01-20-07, 06:15 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Keith6601
I argued about this last night. They have all these "genisus" as part of the mob, yet a couple quetions and boom they're gone. If they were so smart they should be there alot longer.
Being a "genius" isn't going to help in pop culture. Didn't Ken Jennings miss when he didn't know which American Idol judge sits in the middle?
Old 01-20-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
The mob isn't supposed to be a bunch of geniuses.
I'm not saying they have to be, but it would be nice if they were at least a little smarter. I don't really get off on seeing J6P vs. 90 J6Ps and 10 ringers. I'd like to see the contestants and most of the mob reflect the quality of the average Jeopardy contestant. I'd like it to be more reflective of the old quiz shows in terms of challenge.
Old 01-20-07, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by HE Pennypacker
Yeah. Just damn. Wow.

I'm sure they had to CG over Saget's pupils to keep his eyes on her face.
Old 01-21-07, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
Yeah. Just damn. Wow.

Old 01-21-07, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
LOL. And from what I've seen and read, Saget can't resist the allure of hot women in the least.
Old 01-21-07, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
Being a "genius" isn't going to help in pop culture. Didn't Ken Jennings miss when he didn't know which American Idol judge sits in the middle?
Jennings missed the question about the color of the number one on the roulette wheel. He answered black instead of red.

I understand the "book smarts" won't help with most pop culture, but alot of the questions aren't pop releated as much as when the show first started.
Old 01-21-07, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Has anyone gotten close to the million dollars yet?
Old 01-21-07, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
And 26 out of 43 mob members thought Renee Zitwanker gained more weight for Bridget Jones than Robert DeNiro did for Raging Bull?
And that many thought fat weight more than muscle. Even if you didn't know exactly how much weight one of them put on, you should know that basic fact, and that was the clue to what the answer was.
Old 01-21-07, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brainee
Has anyone gotten close to the million dollars yet?
They showed a brief clip, I don't remember if it was a past episode or maybe an upcoming episode, where somebody had only 7 remaining mob members left.

I think to up the stakes they should give you new helps, or let you bring back previously used helps, when you get at a certain stage. Like if you are left with 10 remaining mob members, you can resurrect a previously used help or get a new one. Too many people bail when all three helps are gone and you will never see anybody with the balls to take it to a million, unless they go to the end of the game with some helps still in place.
Old 01-21-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree that they don't have to be geniuses, but I can't believe it when the mob members get the easiest damn questions wrong.

Hell, even somebody got the home question wrong about which holiday doesn't fall on a Sunday. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THAT WRONG????
Old 01-21-07, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Hell, even somebody got the home question wrong about which holiday doesn't fall on a Sunday. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THAT WRONG????
It was Fabio who missed that question.
Old 01-21-07, 08:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They showed a brief clip, I don't remember if it was a past episode or maybe an upcoming episode, where somebody had only 7 remaining mob members left.
IIRC, it was one of the past eps. One of the first ones I remember watching. I believe that even though the mob was whittled down to only seven members, the prize total was well less than $500,000. The contestants total was so low because one of the questions knocked out a ton of mob members really early in the game.
Old 01-22-07, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree that they don't have to be geniuses, but I can't believe it when the mob members get the easiest damn questions wrong.

Oh, it gets funnier. I'm about to begin work as a defense attorney in a city here in Virginia. One of the assistant prosecutors who just started apparently was in the mob and got the weight gain question wrong. The dude has an undergrad degree from Yale and a JD from UVA. It was his 40th question on the show, but that's just shocking to me. I guess he didn't take any sort of film class.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.