Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Nine -- "Heroes Welcome" -- 10/11/06

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Nine -- "Heroes Welcome" -- 10/11/06

Old 10-12-06, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Just watched last night's episode and I guess I'm the only person that enjoyed it. It wasn't the most fascinating hour of television ever but I think the characters are fairly interesting (it's only the second episode) and I'd like to know what actually happened in the bank. I'm willing to give it a few more episodes especially since I'm dropping Jericho.
Old 10-13-06, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreement with lisadoris. I kept saying about Heroes that the writers needed to slow down and develop the characters. Well, that's exactly what the writers of the Nine are doing and so I am willing to give them at least 5-6 episodes before judging. And while it isn't the most action packed, I can sense something big boiling under the surface and I feel like there will be a big payoff if you're willing to hang in there long enough. I also believe this because of the cast. All of the actors have been on VERY well written shows before and thus probably have a good eye for good stories. I'm far more intrigued by the possibilities of this show than Jericho or Heroes both of which have good concepts but extremely poor writing.
Old 10-13-06, 07:10 AM

This one is coming off the season pass. It's just not what I expected.
Old 10-13-06, 08:38 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
When I see John Billingsley, I always think about his creepy character from Nip/Tuck.
Who did Billingsley play on Nip/Tuck?

As for this show, it looks like I'm the only one enjoying it. But I'm not surprised by the disappointment. The show was more or less advertised as a non-stop shoot-em-up a la 24, but it's really a human drama. So you have the wrong audience tuning in.
Old 10-13-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Billingsley played the guy that wanted to have one of his legs amputated for no medical reason but to fulfill his lifelong feeling of being an amputee (or something like that).
Old 10-13-06, 05:21 PM

Did they reveal what Scott Wolf's character did that made his girlfriend at the hospital want to dump him and not tell him that she's pregnant with his child?

This is the only compelling mystery to get me to watch this show -- the "how bad could it have been?" aspect.
Old 10-13-06, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,159 Likes on 2,035 Posts
^Aside from the fact that they revealed that Tim Daly's gun was used to shoot a victim (Which may have already been revealed last episode) I don't think they touched upon what happened at all.
Old 10-13-06, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Barings
Did they reveal what Scott Wolf's character did that made his girlfriend at the hospital want to dump him and not tell him that she's pregnant with his child?

This is the only compelling mystery to get me to watch this show -- the "how bad could it have been?" aspect.
No.
But, it could have something to do with what happened during the 52 hrs that lead up to him making out w/ the girl that lost her sister... they were making out in her bedroom after the sister's funeral.

ETA: and what Golden said.
Old 10-13-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
So far, I'm not too impressed with this show. I'm not willing to wait out however long it takes to find out what really happened during the robbery, and unless it turns out that they were abducted by aliens, and returned somehow "different", or the robbery was part of some larger government conspiracy, I don't really care. I'm in for a couple more episodes since Kidnapped is gone, but if I'm not blown away soon...