Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Everwood on The WB

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-02, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good news, I was surprised by this show and definitely enjoy it, and with it also running on Sunday afternoon I will continue to watch it regularly.
Old 10-10-02, 05:10 PM

Received 111 Likes on 90 Posts
good news for sure!
Old 10-10-02, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

great news.
Old 10-10-02, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pleased. I definitly think this show will be around for awhile, especially since 7th Heaven can only on for so long, before Ruthie's getting married or whatever.
Old 10-10-02, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 171 Posts
I LOVE this show. Awesome news

This one along with Gilmore Girls (and Survivor) are my new must-watch series this season (old ones being Buffy).
Old 10-11-02, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that this is a good sign that not all is hopeless for the new season.

And I just started watching 7th Heaven this year. I think the show is descent. Strikes me as formulaic somewhat, but it's been keeping me watching.
Old 10-11-02, 08:50 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I mean come on dad, it's not like the herp.

::gag::

Old 10-14-02, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everwood - 10/14 (and 10/20)

Starts in 3 hours for me, but the East Coasters have it on right now...
Old 10-15-02, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

About halfway through the episode I was a little down on it, thinking it was overly melodramatic, but I think they pulled it back together for the second half hour. Something about when Ephram cries pulls me out of the episode, like I know he's "acting." Just doesn't work for me. But everything else was pretty strong. I particularly enjoy the way they're devloping the relationship between Amy and Doc Abbott.

das
Old 10-15-02, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am a big fan of the show so far but this last episode was almost like the writers needed to take a break........I mean...most of an hour dealing with a deer and returning it to it's habitat??? Next week looks to be a good one!!!
Old 10-15-02, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by djones6746
I mean...most of an hour dealing with a deer and returning it to it's habitat??? Next week looks to be a good one!!!
Did you miss all of the subtext or just didn't care for it?? Because I thought this was a pretty strong episode and said a lot about Ephram's character and the way he acts...and most of this was brought out through the Deer storyline, which I think served the purpose perfectly. Next Week does look really good... Everwood is becoming one of my favourite shows and is the only new show I am totally hooked on...can't wait for next week....

MATT
Old 10-15-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was a very solid episode, although not the greatest. I thought the whole metaphorical theme was nice, but the whole deer storyline was edging on "goofy". Is this episode mean that the Mom will never return as a ghost? It's not as if she has any real purpose any more.

Oh, and I had no idea the Browns were Jewish, or half-Jewish. When did that happen? It doesn't really matter, since they don't seem to be practicing Judiam (sp?). I don't even think they are Kosher.

Next week is also very interesting. Will it be a two parter?

Spoiler:
It would be most interesting if Colin is added as a character. Then again, the season's not even halfway over, and that type of thing would be best suited as the story arc for the season finale.

Last edited by freedexter; 10-15-02 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-16-02, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mdc3000
Did you miss all of the subtext or just didn't care for it?? Because I thought this was a pretty strong episode and said a lot about Ephram's character and the way he acts...and most of this was brought out through the Deer storyline, which I think served the purpose perfectly. Next Week does look really good... Everwood is becoming one of my favourite shows and is the only new show I am totally hooked on...can't wait for next week....

MATT
I was pretty tired when I watched it...had taped it and sat down to watch it around 10:30. I guess there wasn't enough to keep me interested at a moment when I needed sleep.

Wasn't a bad show...just did not like it as much as the previous episodes.
Old 10-16-02, 06:22 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

I know they have brought up the Jewish family thing more than a few times, hell Ephram is a big clue.

edit - just watched the episode. Wasn't the best of what we've already seen, but they had to have some sort of awakening/lead in to Ephram talking to Andy about Colin/Ephram talking to Amy about not asking.

Last edited by dek; 10-16-02 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-21-02, 09:40 PM

Received 813 Likes on 529 Posts
Everwood (10/21)

Wow, another interesting episode. The plot thickened a little for everyone in the series.

I like the fact the doctors are psuedo-friends is getting to be kind of amuzing. We see the reason that Dr. Abbott is kind of bitter toward Dr. Brown. And Jane Krakowski's cameo as a traveling psychiatrist, Dr Trott is a fine addition... for the episode... and she did her job and left. When will she be back... we don't know.

The only thing that had me going was the whole story with Magilla..

Spoiler:
The website has him listed as a guest star, so I highly doubt that we will see him again anytime soon. I think that the subject of the psuedo-hermaphrodite was a little left field, but a viable topic for a small town like Everwood. If it ever got out, especially in a small, it could be detramental to the family. The bit with them playing dress-up made me wonder if the kid had feminine twist to him. The make-up session was unexpected. When they talked about sex listening to the music I thought the story was going to go somewhere else... a little too "touchy" if you know what I mean... but I'm glad it veered. It was a little too much, even for Everwood.

Another good episode... next week should be good, as we get closer to Collin's eminant return.
Old 10-22-02, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. Complete antithesis to last week's episode, plot-wise. A whole happened, compared to the deer and questioning God.

Spoiler:
I read that it's confirmed that Colin does come to life. I don't know who will play him, but Wanda from E!Online said so, and she's been right so far.

Spoiler:
The whole Magilla storyline has been me uncomfortable, even from the begining. I first thought the kid would interested in guns or something, and while it was suprising, I felt uneasy. Am I the only one to think so? I think it would be best if the ended the subplot there.

Jane Krakowski was great as Dr. Trott. Kind of funny how about year ago, at the same time slot and same night, she was on "Ally McBeal", playing a totally different character. I do hope she will return, it's not as if she has much else to do, other than bad ABC Family TV movies.
Old 10-23-02, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't home Monday night so I had to set the VCR and just watched it. I personally think this show is great, but I don't hear about many people watching it. On this board, talk back threads on it hardly recieve any replies (only one so far!) and on other boards I visit, the show never gets mentioned at all.

Of course Colin is going to come out of the coma, that should be a given, regardless if E! said anything about it or not. I doubt they'd string us along this long with that story line just to let him die. But will he be all right? That's the question.
Old 10-23-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This episode was much better than last weeks. Next week is looking very promising.
Old 11-05-02, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Everwood 11/4/02 (and 11/10)

A bit of a sappy episode, if you ask me. Dead Mom didn't make an appearence, which was good. Looks like she is gone forever.

Collin is back, sort of. I don't know what to think of it.

I had two complaints, though. First, they cuts out lines from the end of the show. I wouldn't have noticed, but I had the clothes captioning on, because I usually miss some of the words, and it's good to catch up. I saw that there were lines from Irv, nothing big, but I'd rather have the voiceover than the music fading out. It was a comment regarding how churchgoers secretly find going to the Diner the best part of the experience.

And there was no preview for next week. The WB is really bad this season, I've noticed that the two shows I usually try to catch don't have a little teaser, other than "Tune in next week for an all new episode". So irritating.
Old 11-05-02, 12:33 AM

I liked this episode... but I thought that Dr. Brown would give the tickets to Dr. Abbott... guess I was wrong.

Was I the only one who though the 'preacher's wife' was going to try and jump Dr. Brown?
Old 11-05-02, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hard to believe they are already through a 3rd of the season. I love this show.
Old 11-05-02, 02:49 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Everwood 11/4/02 (and 11/10)

Originally posted by freedexter
A bit of a sappy episode, if you ask me. Dead Mom didn't make an appearence, which was good. Looks like she is gone forever.

Collin is back, sort of. I don't know what to think of it.

I had two complaints, though. First, they cuts out lines from the end of the show. I wouldn't have noticed, but I had the clothes captioning on, because I usually miss some of the words, and it's good to catch up. I saw that there were lines from Irv, nothing big, but I'd rather have the voiceover than the music fading out. It was a comment regarding how churchgoers secretly find going to the Diner the best part of the experience.

And there was no preview for next week. The WB is really bad this season, I've noticed that the two shows I usually try to catch don't have a little teaser, other than "Tune in next week for an all new episode". So irritating.
Just echoing your post. Had the CC on, saw the end lines muted out. No preview either for next week

Found this out about next weeks episode, from the description on the wb page :

Spoiler:
Andy's (Treat Williams) parenting skills are questioned when Ephram (Gregory Smith) and Delia's (Vivien Cardone) grandparents (guest stars Mark Rydell and Doris Belack) pay them an unexpected visit to check up on their son-in-law. Meanwhile, Ephram sneaks out of the house to see Amy (Emily VanCamp) who is still emotionally recovering from the aftermath of Colin's (Mike Erwin) surgery.
Old 11-05-02, 08:33 AM

Re: Re: Everwood 11/4/02 (and 11/10)

Originally posted by dek
Found this out about next weeks episode, from the description on the wb page...
EW's article about Everwood in last weeks magazine was written while this episode was filmed, and sheds a little more light on it... read it if you want:
Spoiler:
It seema that his in-laws want to take the children back to New York, against Dr. Brown's wishes... well see shat happens.

Originally posted by bigjim25
Hard to believe they are already through a 3rd of the season. I love this show.
Me too. This season is going by way too fast...
Old 11-06-02, 04:32 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Found the trailer for next week here :

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Episode/0...||1143,00.html

Under the picture of Coma Kid.

All I can say is Ouch
Old 11-06-02, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by dek
Found the trailer for next week here :

http://www.thewb.com/Shows/Episode/0...||1143,00.html

Under the picture of Coma Kid.

All I can say is Ouch
Ouch indeed.

Spoiler:
Looks like Ephram is going to have a helluva time getting Amy to like him again. She pours her heart out to him, they are close, great friends, he acts on it...and she pushes him away. Geez, this show is bringing up bad memories of past relationships! I feel for Ephram!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.