Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The King of Queens starring Kevin James, Leah Remini, Jerry Stiller on CBS

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-02, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kevin75 leah ramini is hot!!!
Damn, you got that right!

Old 01-25-02, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts
Originally posted by Foole

mmmmm...Leah...
Does anyone remember her from "Saved By The Bell"? She played the daughter of the owner of the beach resort the whole gang worked at for the summer...Man she was hot then, I'm glad she's managed to stay around.
Old 01-25-02, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GoldenJCJ

Does anyone remember her from "Saved By The Bell"? She played the daughter of the owner of the beach resort the whole gang worked at for the summer...Man she was hot then, I'm glad she's managed to stay around.
Yes she played Stacey Carosi. I hated that season, except for the nice Tiffani-Amber in a bikini .

However, Leah looks really hot now, especially in those Stuff pictures!
Old 01-25-02, 10:31 AM
Banned

Funny show!
Old 01-25-02, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

<small>Originally posted by Eternia Leah looks really hot now, especially in those Stuff pics! </small>
For you that don't know, be sure to click on those Stuff pics to make them bigger!
Old 07-07-02, 05:58 PM

King of Queens on DVD?

Is it possible that we'll be seeing King of Queens on DVD anytime soon? I know they recently hit their 100th episode. So any chance of this coming to DVD. I noticed on ebay that there is a DVD of two episodes for sale for Emmy consideration. I recently started watching this show and love it. I think its one of the funniest shows Jerry Stiller is awesome in it. Any news on it? Thanks
Old 07-08-02, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It will be a while. It hasn't hit syndication yet (although I remember reading somewhere that it will be this fall) and when you look at a show like "The Simpsons", which has been in syndication for a while, it's depressing to see that it has only begun to release the 2nd season on DVD, when there are about 13 seasons.

I would brace myself for a long wait, if I were you.
Old 07-08-02, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the show, but I think it will be a longshot that we see it anytime soon.
Old 07-08-02, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would love to see the first season. I caught the brillance of this show a little late. I can't stop laughing when Jerry Stiller is on.
Old 07-12-02, 07:43 PM

Any chance we can get it from other regions. Since a showlike Dark Angel is out on DVD box sets. Not many people like the show but its out any chance that we'll get a king of queens region 2 box set?
Old 10-15-02, 02:25 PM

The King Of Queens - 10/14

Last night's episode was REALLY funny. Best part of the show was when Carrie was looking at the picture of Doug from the 80's, and the camera panned over to a picture of him today; grining, drinking a beer, and giving a thumbs up. Man, that was funny!

The show was extremely well written!
Old 10-15-02, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is one of my favorite shows on TV. Consistently better than Everybody Loves Raymond, I am glad that they haven't added the poison of a baby yet, even though it is apparently coming in the upcoming seasons. Keep Doug and Carrie together by themselves! (with Arthur of course)...
Old 10-15-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 619 Likes on 498 Posts
This is definitey my favorite comedy on tv now. Plus it doesn't hurt to have a major babe in the lead female role. The pictures on the fridge last night were hysterical. Doug taking on the pee-wees was pretty funny as well.

movieking - I am praying that they don't go down that baby road...EVER. That is always a shark-jumping point for comedies.
Old 10-15-02, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I still like Raymond better. Probably mostly because I liked Raymond from the beginning and when King of Queens started I thought it was very mediocre. I think it has gotten better. I don't really make a point out of watching either one of them, but they're both good shows.

I still don't really like Arthur. Seems like all they use him for are weird or creepy situations. They go beyond the point of believability to me, like a couple weeks ago when he and Doug were sleeping together. It's just such a gimmick, "What crazy thing is Arthur gonna say next?"
Old 10-15-02, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was pretty funny
Old 10-15-02, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog

movieking - I am praying that they don't go down that baby road...EVER. That is always a shark-jumping point for comedies.
and could you imagine a hormonal carrie during labor? that would be scary.
Old 10-15-02, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love this show, and yeah Leah Remini seems to get hotter every year.

The thing that amazes me is that Yes Dear has been getting better ratings than KOQ. Are people showing up early for Raymond, or am I missing something.
Old 10-16-02, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They did go the baby route but then Kerry had a miscarriage. Too bad for her character but a baby would have ruined the show.

Arthur is great. The sketch with Arthur and Doug sleeping in the same bed was funny although it could have almost made you lose your lunch.

I can't explain why Yes Dear gets higher ratings. It must be the Raymond. I couldn't stand watching YD.
Old 10-16-02, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 619 Likes on 498 Posts
Originally posted by big whoppa

I can't explain why Yes Dear gets higher ratings. It must be the Raymond. I couldn't stand watching YD.

Yes Dear is so unfunny.
Old 10-16-02, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Love this show!

Do you think that was really a picture of him in his youth? Makes me worried about what I'll look like when I'm 36.

How about the one a couple of weeks ago where the show opened up with Doug playing drums on his stomach? That had me rolling!
Old 10-16-02, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts
I don't really watch the show, but I did see that commercial for the guy wanting to play football again. Did he get a LOT bigger recently, or maybe just for that episode?

Even though it's been on for a while, I never really took the time to watch it regularly. I guess I'll check it out now, with all the glowing reviews here...
Old 10-16-02, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They need to tone down the Doug/Cari fighting a little - it gets to be too much and too mean!
Old 10-16-02, 10:52 AM

I, as well, can't understand how Yes Dear keeps getting renewed year-after-year. It is such a let down after King Of Queens...

Anyone remember, a couple of years ago, CBS put on a mid-season replacement about a guy living with his family (all females) in the pilgram days? It starred Cloris Leachman. Although not a great show, it had it's moments, and was certainly head-and-shoulders above Yes Dear....
Old 10-16-02, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yes is renewed because it is funny.

i enjoy king of queens and yes dear both more than raymond. (and i think yes dear is funnier than king of queens :P so i can see why it gets higher ratings.)

monday's king of queens though was hilarious. first time i laughed out loud at many of the scenes in awhile for the show.
Old 10-16-02, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you have kids, you are more apt to like Yes, Dear - I wouldn't get it if I didn't....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.