Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Rescue Me *Season Finale* - "Beached" - 8/29/06

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-06, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
Not the best finale in the world. Sheila is pretty crazy, but Tommy also has done some pretty shitty stuff to her.

On the subject of Tommy dying, there is an interview on ign.com with leary and tolan where they discuss that possibility, seems like something they would like to do.

Personally I think this show has seen too much death, and should back off a bit.
Old 08-30-06, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
BTW, am I the only one who thinks that the nun is freaking hot, and just far too young and hot for that shlub Lou?
Old 08-30-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
BTW, am I the only one who thinks that the nun is freaking hot, and just far too young and hot for that shlub Lou?

Yeah she is hot, but I don't think Lou is a schlub.
Old 08-30-06, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought the Probie was hilarious when he "discovered" he wasn't bi anymore. I think both Tommy and Sheila will get out with minor injuries, but the hospital will find traces of the roofie in Tommy's blood stream. I'd love to see him really give it to Sheila. As much as I hate Janet, I hate more seeing him that crazy biatch Sheila.
Old 08-30-06, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Sheila is attractive, but that laugh she has gives me a migraine. If I had to spend the rest of my life with that I would have jumped into the fire.
Old 08-30-06, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Sheila is attractive, but that laugh she has gives me a migraine. If I had to spend the rest of my life with that I would have jumped into the fire.

Callie Thorne really deserves an Emmy nomination in 2007 because I can literally feel Tommy's pain when he is on the phone with her.
Old 08-30-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Can someone recap the last few minutes after when Sheila goes to the car and calls 911? My DVR cut it off.
Old 08-30-06, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by El Scorcho
Can someone recap the last few minutes after when Sheila goes to the car and calls 911? My DVR cut it off.
She calls 911, hangs up, stands outside and screams, then goes in after Tommy, and that's the end, with those 2 inside and the place in flames.
Old 08-30-06, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
She called 911 and looked like she was going to take off. Then she got out, and started screaming outside for help. Then she went back into the burning house and found Tommy had gotten up but was on the floor. They cut back to outside, there is an explosion while people gather to gawk. We don't see them come out.
Old 08-30-06, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When Tommy got up, he could hear Sheila screaming outside and I think he was confused, thinking she was trapped inside. Did anyone else think that? It seemed like he was going back deeper in the hosue to find her rather than getting out himself.
Old 08-30-06, 04:30 PM

I wonder if Sheil's homeowner's insurance kicked in before the fire?
Old 08-30-06, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chip718
I wonder if Sheil's homeowner's insurance kicked in before the fire?
I was actually wondering if she would end up making even more money on the insurance payout. It makes me think of Shirley Mclaine's character in "What a Way to Go!" where her husbands keep dying and she ends up getting richer no matter what she does.
Old 08-31-06, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia
When Tommy got up, he could hear Sheila screaming outside and I think he was confused, thinking she was trapped inside. Did anyone else think that? It seemed like he was going back deeper in the hosue to find her rather than getting out himself.
That's exactly what I thought, too. He was disoriented and his firefighter training took over... he heard screams in a burning building and tried to find the person who was trapped inside.
Old 08-31-06, 08:46 AM

I loved the beginning where Tommy was remembering the beginnings of the crew when Sean and Franco were probies before he was going to give in his retirement papers.

This season has been utterly fantastic. One minute you are laughing hysterically, the next you are crying. This show goes through the gambit of human emotions almost every single episode and that is fantastic.

This is and has been for the past 3 years, thee best show on television!!!
Old 08-31-06, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A great season, but a very weak finale...probably the worst ep this season. I'm hoping they have a better overall "plan" for season 4, but I love this show and am eagerly awaiting the new eps next summer.

(but also agree they should maybe give the "death" bit a rest for a season, otherwise it'll just seem cliche and routine for Rescue Me)

MATT
Old 08-31-06, 02:42 PM

Weak finally. You KNOW Tommy aint gonna die. Id like to see Sheila go though. It was a lame cop out to have them in the fire at the fade out.

I figured tommy was out of whack because he was in a new house on fire. If I was him I woulda thought it was a dream.

I WISH probie woulda left. Im tired of him and his gay not gay and bullshit story lines. Does anyone here know ANYONE like him or what hes been through?

Is there a way for Tatum to die? Fuck I hate her.
Old 08-31-06, 04:40 PM

I've been looking around for this but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere... does anyone know where the memorial they visited is, exactly? I know in one of the shots you could see the WTC site in the background, but I couldn't place it exactly. Anyone have an idea of its location?
Old 08-31-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
To those who dont think they would kill Tommy:

From IGN.com interview with Leary and Tolan-

According to Tolan, cliffhangers put the writers at odds with the "element of false jeopardy" because they're most likely not going to kill Tommy. Which led both Tolan and Leary to discuss the notion that if Tommy did die, it doesn't mean he'd be off the show. Leary noted that "when a character dies on this show, their role only gets larger." He added, "The idea of Tommy being available as a person from beyond the grave is a very interesting place to be. And that's all we're going to say about that."
Old 09-01-06, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Anyone else think a better season finale would have been the episode where he makes that speech in the bar about knowing the 5 finalists of American Idol but not one firefighter from 9/11. Have him take another big drink and walk out of hte bar chugging the bottle down.

I think that would have been a great way to end the season.
Old 09-01-06, 03:39 AM

So the star dies and wed have to see him as a ghost or what? I dont want to see that or him haunting Franco or him in heaven hanging with all his dead buddies.

If they did a flashback season; thatd be great.
Old 09-01-06, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would say kill the entire cast and spend the next season as firefighters in hell.
Old 09-01-06, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by thematahara
To those who dont think they would kill Tommy:

From IGN.com interview with Leary and Tolan-

According to Tolan, cliffhangers put the writers at odds with the "element of false jeopardy" because they're most likely not going to kill Tommy. Which led both Tolan and Leary to discuss the notion that if Tommy did die, it doesn't mean he'd be off the show. Leary noted that "when a character dies on this show, their role only gets larger." He added, "The idea of Tommy being available as a person from beyond the grave is a very interesting place to be. And that's all we're going to say about that."
I don't see it being terribly likely that they would have him be dead. Maybe for one episode as kind of a "purgatory" type deal like other shows have done where the character is near death or in a coma just to give viewers a glimpse of what it would be like, but I can't see them being able to sustain an entire season this way, much less the whole rest of the show's run, if there is to be more than one more season. What would they do anyway? Have him interact solely with Jimmy and his son the entire season, since it isn't like he would be able to interact with the other central characters on the show like he more or less could when he was alive?
Old 09-02-06, 02:30 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous

If they did a flashback season; thatd be great.
You know, that's a great idea, buy I would want it to be just one or two episodes, like The Shield did with "Co-Pilot."
Old 09-02-06, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They pulled it off in Six Feet Under, but in SFU all the characters see manifestations. In Rescue Me, Tommy is the only one to see ghosts.