Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 7 - Live Feeds Discussion (Contains Spoilers!)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 7 - Live Feeds Discussion (Contains Spoilers!)

Old 08-05-06, 06:51 PM
  #26  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida, one time home of the space shuttle
Posts: 3,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
Janelle wins POV. Wonder who will be replacing her, Kaysar or Howie. I bet James is feeling pretty damn nervous about being a "pawn" now.
This is wierd.. CG is up, CG wins POV...Boogie is up, Boogie wins POV, Janelle is up, Janelle wins POV...and these are the ones that have been put up to def. leave. Strange!
Dani put Janelle up to punish her for last week. I see no reason to put up a season 6er. She needs to put up Boogie now.
NEVER count Janelle out.
Old 08-05-06, 07:23 PM
  #27  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Posts: 30,012
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
This is wierd.. CG is up, CG wins POV...Boogie is up, Boogie wins POV, Janelle is up, Janelle wins POV...and these are the ones that have been put up to def. leave. Strange!
Dani put Janelle up to punish her for last week. I see no reason to put up a season 6er. She needs to put up Boogie now.
NEVER count Janelle out.
I know I sound like a broken record but here is another golden opportunity to oust Will. If the three season sixers would do it, Marcellas would too. Plus James can negate a vote. The power is there again if only the "will" is. Even if Janelle keeps up her perverse Will-love, Kayser, Howie and Marsellas could do it with James negating Boogie's vote and Danielle breaking a worse-case scenario tie. Lacking that, I would gladly see Boogie go.
Old 08-05-06, 07:26 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 530
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was another "What would you do to win Veto" competition.. which I guess CBS brings out whenever they want a nominee to for sure stay in the house cause of ratings (see CG, see Janelle)
Old 08-05-06, 07:51 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 483
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew Janelle was going to win the POV, it's getting a little silly...
Old 08-05-06, 08:17 PM
  #30  
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phod
It was another "What would you do to win Veto" competition.. which I guess CBS brings out whenever they want a nominee to for sure stay in the house cause of ratings (see CG, see Janelle)
Those are good for prize or food competitions, not for vetos!
Old 08-05-06, 09:21 PM
  #31  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,058
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
what were the things they had to do?
Old 08-05-06, 11:13 PM
  #32  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 6,241
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think they show the competitions on the feeds. It's very easy to say the competitions are fixed when you can't see them (see: last week), but there was no way that last weeks veto was fixed, Boogie just won.

I'll wait until I see the competition before I start yelling "fix".
Old 08-06-06, 02:03 AM
  #33  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,663
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can the morale in the house be any lower? BB's sad attempt at a margarita party hasn't helped matters.
Old 08-06-06, 02:24 AM
  #34  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky
Posts: 5,820
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If Dani puts up a non S6 member thats a guarantee that James is gone IMO. Her only hope to keep James around is to put up Howie.
Old 08-06-06, 11:41 PM
  #35  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,388
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeboo835
what were the things they had to do?
In a Power of Veto competition called Big Brother Grave Yard the houseguests had to compete by buzzing in on either luxury prizes such as a plasma television, a trip for two to Aruba, $5,000 cash, a phone call from home, and a Margarita party or hardships such as 24 hours of Solitary Confinement , entire house sleeping on cots, no Hot Water for the week, not being able to compete in the veto next week and more. The completely details are sketchy, but it appears that they lost points for prizes as well as for the hardships. Here are the results as best we can gather for now.

Slop Pass for Summer- Marcellas
$5,000 - Boogie
Can't Compete in Veto next week -Boogie
Trip for 2 to Aruba- Will
Slop for the week - Kaysar, Erika and Howie
Plasma TV - Boogie
Phone Call- James
Margarita Party - James
24 hours of Solitary Confinement - Danielle
No Hot Water for the week and sleeping on cots - entire house

http://www.bigbrotherupdates.com/article3252.html
Old 08-06-06, 11:45 PM
  #36  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida, one time home of the space shuttle
Posts: 3,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by outcastja
In a Power of Veto competition called Big Brother Grave Yard the houseguests had to compete by buzzing in on either luxury prizes such as a plasma television, a trip for two to Aruba, $5,000 cash, a phone call from home, and a Margarita party or hardships such as 24 hours of Solitary Confinement , entire house sleeping on cots, no Hot Water for the week, not being able to compete in the veto next week and more. The completely details are sketchy, but it appears that they lost points for prizes as well as for the hardships. Here are the results as best we can gather for now.

Slop Pass for Summer- Marcellas
$5,000 - Boogie
Can't Compete in Veto next week -Boogie
Trip for 2 to Aruba- Will
Slop for the week - Kaysar, Erika and Howie
Plasma TV - Boogie
Phone Call- James
Margarita Party - James
24 hours of Solitary Confinement - Danielle
No Hot Water for the week and sleeping on cots - entire house

http://www.bigbrotherupdates.com/article3252.html
So how do you actually win a POV out of this?
Old 08-07-06, 12:59 AM
  #37  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,056
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by outcastja
In a Power of Veto competition called Big Brother Grave Yard the houseguests had to compete by buzzing in on either luxury prizes such as a plasma television, a trip for two to Aruba, $5,000 cash, a phone call from home, and a Margarita party or hardships such as 24 hours of Solitary Confinement , entire house sleeping on cots, no Hot Water for the week, not being able to compete in the veto next week and more. The completely details are sketchy, but it appears that they lost points for prizes as well as for the hardships. Here are the results as best we can gather for now.

Slop Pass for Summer- Marcellas
$5,000 - Boogie
Can't Compete in Veto next week -Boogie
Trip for 2 to Aruba- Will
Slop for the week - Kaysar, Erika and Howie
Plasma TV - Boogie
Phone Call- James
Margarita Party - James
24 hours of Solitary Confinement - Danielle
No Hot Water for the week and sleeping on cots - entire house

http://www.bigbrotherupdates.com/article3252.html
From what I've gathered, the houseguests aren't sure about what all the details are either, because I'm hearing that is Janelle who can't play in the veto next week.

Dani is being quite the arrogant bitch. As long as she or Marci don't win, I'll live. Boogie would be a tough pill to swallow, but Dani and Marci are just so horrible, they've elevated Boogie to bearable.

I don't like how CG or Erika play, but if you move on/advance, I can't see judging people who are aggressive vs. those who float around. It's about winning, not how you play.

I'm just hating on Dani and Marci because they're both so full of themselves.

Unless Will and Boogie (and someone else they've locked up) still want to flip, it looks like Kaysar is going home.

I would love an America's vote right after that, because he'd come right back in.

I did hear another private Boogie and Will discussion, where you would assume there would be no reason to lie, and they said that they wanted to protect James and Janie next week. Can't say for sure why there's a loyalty to James, but I think Will is kind of charmed by Janie and not just the other way around.

The whole Boogie and Erika thing is simply gross and disgusting.
Old 08-07-06, 01:46 AM
  #38  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 2,807
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Unless Will and Boogie (and someone else they've locked up) still want to flip, it looks like Kaysar is going home.
Why is that?
Old 08-07-06, 02:33 AM
  #39  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,056
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
Why is that?

Because Dani, the Queen B, told him that he's going up to replace Janie and, as of now, she DOES have the votes to have him evicted.

Since Will and Boogie "seem" to like James and Janie, there doesn't seem to be any advantage in them flipping to keep Kaysar.

Kaysar mentioned that Thursday is his birthday and that he will be evicted on his birthday.

It also appears that there is a 1 week real truce between S6 and CT to not go against one another next week. I believe this is so that they can do their best to get Marci out when it would actually be better for Janie or Howie to go after Danielle. Will and Boogie "seem" to want this to happen bad enough that Will is practicing for HOH and neither he nor Boogie will be throwing the next HOH.

This potentially buys CT 2 free weeks because if they can get Marci out next week and then have Janie and Howie focused on Dani and Dani (probably Erika too) focused on Janie, they stay completely out of harm's way until the stretch run.
Old 08-07-06, 07:31 AM
  #40  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida, one time home of the space shuttle
Posts: 3,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What? What? What? What Erika and Boogie thing????
Old 08-07-06, 07:32 AM
  #41  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida, one time home of the space shuttle
Posts: 3,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It cracks me up...all this screaming about getting Chilltown out week after week...and week after week they stay.
Old 08-07-06, 07:56 AM
  #42  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,785
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It does look like Kaysar's going home. From what I've read, Danielle put herself in solitary confinement in order to cause more turmoil in the game, giving her reasons not to like certain players (Marci), but it was something they agreed on to stir out trouble between them (sort of like putting James on the block to separate him and Danielle in other players' minds).
Old 08-07-06, 08:11 AM
  #43  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: CALI!
Posts: 6,972
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay! Kaysar is going home!
Old 08-07-06, 09:48 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 312
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arpeggi
Yay! Kaysar is going home!
Man... I liked this thread the way it was before with the spoilers... It seems like there was more information then!

Is Kayser on the block instead of Janelle?

What is going on with Erica and Boogie? (BTW: Yuk!)

Is there an alliance between CT, Janelle, James, and Danille?
Old 08-07-06, 10:12 AM
  #45  
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: pdx
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Janelle won the veto, Kaysar is going up in her place.

CT has an alliance with Danielle and James called either the Fantastic Four or the Legion of Doom, although I'm not sure how seiously CT takes this alliance.

CT seems to really want Janelle to join an alliance with them, beause they want "a badass who can win stuff", and Will has told Janelle that she can pick one person to bring along with her, and the four of them will make a run for the end.

Right now, CT is probably in the best position in the house. They have a side alliance with everyone except for Marci.
Old 08-07-06, 11:45 AM
  #46  
Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's funny how everyone is talking about a "floaters" group and all the while the best floaters have been Chill town while at the same time also being the best alliance. Will is the master. He deserves to win it all again.
Old 08-07-06, 01:34 PM
  #47  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 2,807
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Because Dani, the Queen B, told him that he's going up to replace Janie and, as of now, she DOES have the votes to have him evicted.

Since Will and Boogie "seem" to like James and Janie, there doesn't seem to be any advantage in them flipping to keep Kaysar.

Kaysar mentioned that Thursday is his birthday and that he will be evicted on his birthday.

It also appears that there is a 1 week real truce between S6 and CT to not go against one another next week. I believe this is so that they can do their best to get Marci out when it would actually be better for Janie or Howie to go after Danielle. Will and Boogie "seem" to want this to happen bad enough that Will is practicing for HOH and neither he nor Boogie will be throwing the next HOH.

This potentially buys CT 2 free weeks because if they can get Marci out next week and then have Janie and Howie focused on Dani and Dani (probably Erika too) focused on Janie, they stay completely out of harm's way until the stretch run.
Thanks for the thorough explanation, db.

That kind've bums me out, as I was rooting for Kaysar to win. At least in the beginning I was. But how can you root for someone who doesn't seem to be playing the game anymore. He's more of an armchair strategist, whereas everyone needs to do that PLUS be proactive and wage your own individual wars. I think he got too comfortable thinking that Sov4 would be untouchable for a while.

My other favorite player is Will. And that's because he plays the game...and the players. I guess this is what the show's about, right?

I've only watched the second half of Season 6, and never saw any previous seasons before that. I think I was at a Thanksgiving get-together with the extended family, and it appeared that most of my family was hooked on it and they were watching the Thanksgiving episode. I watched along with them, asked some questions and got semi-hooked.

So I guess this is my first full season of watching it (not the live feeds, though). And because of that I have a natural affinity to the Season 6 crew since they baptized me into the show, so to speak.

Back to who may get eliminiated: I'd say if Kaysar is worthy of his all-star status, perhpaps he can start stirring the pot now. I doubt the players that are left are easier to stir than the other castmembers of Season 6, but it would be nice to see him try. He just seems to stay in his room a lot.

Last edited by SlingshotBandit; 08-07-06 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-07-06, 04:52 PM
  #48  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Duluth, GA, USA
Posts: 37,785
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, it's official, Kaysar and James are up on the eviction blocks because Janelle used her POV to step off. Kaysar's been campaigning for votes to stay (mainly towards Erika and George).
Old 08-07-06, 06:23 PM
  #49  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Portland OR
Posts: 1,747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really enjoyed Kayser last year, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go at this point. He talks big, but I've yet to see any great strategy come out of him. He seems good with the big picture and long term strategy, but he has no short game. If he can pull off a save this week, I'll change my mind. But I don't think he'll be able to. Espeically since James is already up a vote with his "cancel a vote" pass.

I was really looking forward to seeing Will back this year. He's still my favorite player to date. I didn't want to see him win since he's already won once, but I've since changed my mind. If he can make it to the end, I can't imaging anyone being more deserving of the money. When someone tells you "I'm a huge threat, get rid of me" and you leave them in the game, you don't deserve to be called an all star.

My second pick would be Daniele since she's also a good player and got robbed the first time around.
Old 08-09-06, 12:32 AM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 422
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GriZ6bl8UrY


it looks like allison, jase images are appearing in the house. these images are freaking out the house!

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.