TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

THE APPRENTICE-The Final Two-May 29,2006

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THE APPRENTICE-The Final Two-May 29,2006

Down to the final two candidates-

Lee, 22, graduated from Cornell University with a 4.0 grade point average, where he received a B.S. in policy analysis and management.

Sean, 33, born and raised in London now works as a director of business development for a recruitment consultancy registered on the London Stock Exchange, where he boasts the title of the top-ranking sales person globally at his firm.

Each is tasked with a fund-raising event and picks 3 candidates to help them.
Old 05-29-06, 10:55 PM

Can't find the running thread for this...so I started a new one!

Someone please tell Sean the wet head is dead!!! Also, he made a major mistake going over a menu instead of meeting with the sponsor. If he looks any more love sick I'm going to puke.
Is Tammy the queen of meaninless details or what? And anybody willing to make a diagnosis on what was wrong with the girl bleeding through the nose?

Regardless of that, Sean does a great job and covers all the angles. Lee is out of his league, and something major has to change for him to win. Although I think it might since they are portraying it so lopsided right now. Maybe PEPE will pull through and help him win! LOL..the scene after Lee's team left in the boardroom was hysterical. No one remembered PEPE. HA HA
Old 05-29-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
That ending scene with Donald and Carolyn was HILARIOUS
Old 05-30-06, 06:29 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pepe you're fired. Did I say that?
Old 05-30-06, 06:53 AM
JAA
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Lee is finished. Lenny is his first choice? And then he is allowed to select the rest of the team! WTF?
Old 05-30-06, 08:40 AM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I'm no medicinologist, but I have to guess that coughing up blood is bad.

Lee should be finished, but Sean may be too busy thinking with his pants to get the job done.
Old 05-30-06, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sean could be the first Apprentice candidate to be pitching a tent during the entire final task competition.
Old 05-30-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

lol to all comments...

yah, Sean may be distracted with Tammy and now Andrea being gone...but I just don't see how Lee is gonna pull this off. There's no real leader on his team. Pepe? Come on!

It would be interesting to see if Donald decides to hire Tarek after he takes over for Sean...wtf are you doing at the catering meeting, Sean?

Rumor: Andrea is a coke addict.
Old 05-30-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
She probably had a bloody nose. If it drains down the back of your throat you can easily cough up some blood. Far be it from reality TV to turn an attention whore with a bloody nose into cancer victim or coke addict. I only wonder if Andrea will still be with us for the finale.
Old 05-30-06, 11:09 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was surprised Lee just fell apart here. While he has been far from perfect to this point, at least in the past he always had creative ideas for every task and strived for the bigger sales, etc. And that's exactly what he seems to be missing here. He has no vision for his project. His ideas are all smallish and seem like afterthoughts. The logic for his team selection was short-sighted. Loyalty is one thing, but skill is a factor as well... especially when you dump important tasks on them and refuse to 'micromanage'.

Sean has a great shot... if he doesn't keep acting like a lovestuck fool. The way he acts around Tammy is a creepy cross between "guy who just got his first girlfriend" and "sexual harassing boss". Not only does it hurt his ability to be his best, it also has to be a distraction to Tammy. Is it just me or does she appear to not have any interest in Sean in that way?
Old 05-30-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
Is it just me or does she appear to not have any interest in Sean in that way?
I was trying to determine this as well. When she hugged him earlier, she didn't try to unlock before him...or do that patronizing lil pat on the back like "okay...that's enough..let go."

And if she is into him, way ta go Sean!

(Sorry..no annoying emoticons yet, I felt it was my duty.)

As someone said, the editting is making it look like all Sean, so we'll see how it turns out. I remember Randall looking like he was gonna fail, then he looked strong for the "results" episode.

And what's with the 'help the Donald decide?" Are folks calling in? Was it a cell phone tie in only?
Old 05-30-06, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
All I know is that they better put the winner on the spot again this year and ask him if the losser should be hired.
Old 05-30-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still maintain that Sean's accent is completely fake and he's really the child of Cumbrian sheep herders. No English person has had an accent like that since, like, the 19th Century.
Old 05-30-06, 01:11 PM
Suspended

Like Donald, I couldn't remember who the hell Pepi was, so I looked him up on NBC's Apprentice website. He was the project manager during week 2, when they had to get people to send a text message to find out more about Gilette razors. Pepi's team is the one that slept late while the other team was out hustling calls, and Pepi got fired for being unable to control Brent.

Here's the really weird part, though -- Lee and Lenny were both on the other team, which means the only interaction they would have had with Pepi would have been in the suite. Why the heck did they pick him for Lee's team?
Old 05-30-06, 01:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JasonF
Why the heck did they pick him for Lee's team?

Because Pepi is the only guy who got along with Lenny the entire time.

Lenny should be blamed for picking Lee's team.

Lee should've picked Allie, Bryce, and Dan
Old 05-30-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Lee couldn't pick the BEST people... he had to pick people who didn't dislike him, for fear of sabotage/not caring/not trying.
Old 05-30-06, 02:48 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lenny, well that was Lee's first mistake. Sean will probably win it, the other people tend to walk over lee because of his age....poor guy.
Old 05-30-06, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
I was surprised Lee just fell apart here. While he has been far from perfect to this point, at least in the past he always had creative ideas for every task and strived for the bigger sales, etc. And that's exactly what he seems to be missing here. He has no vision for his project. His ideas are all smallish and seem like afterthoughts. The logic for his team selection was short-sighted. Loyalty is one thing, but skill is a factor as well... especially when you dump important tasks on them and refuse to 'micromanage'.

Sean has a great shot... if he doesn't keep acting like a lovestuck fool. The way he acts around Tammy is a creepy cross between "guy who just got his first girlfriend" and "sexual harassing boss". Not only does it hurt his ability to be his best, it also has to be a distraction to Tammy. Is it just me or does she appear to not have any interest in Sean in that way?

I agree with everything!
If you dont ever "micromanage" anything ever in your life again, PLEASE PLEASE do it now while your winning or losing is on the line! I'm not saying go over every single detail like the font...I'm saying check it for glaring big mistakes that will sink you in the end. If not now? WHEN? Geez, if your team were such geniuses, then why were they all fired!!!!???

And Tammy does not seem the least bit attracted to Sean...she seems to politely tolerate him.
Old 05-30-06, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by AJW
Pepe you're fired. Did I say that?
all the stuff with pepe was hilarious. i dont even remember donald firing him. I dont even remember the name either
Old 05-31-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

man i freaked out. i taped the last episode thinking it was the season finale and was pissed when i realized the show wouldnt end before the hour was up (whihc was all my tivo taped).

but the finale is next monday, right?
Old 05-31-06, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I think this season has been pretty dull overall. I don't think any of the contestants deserves to be given the job. Of the two finalists it is clear that Sean should win. Lee has missed a couple of tasks due to religion....which fine he has to do....but if that were in business and on those days you had important events that could make or break a company, i would like to see how much he would hold to his beliefs then. Lee has not impressed me all the way through though. In the last episode he had zero ideas and his decisions for choosing his team was all based upon Lenny's recommendations. I found it weird that the viewer poll suggested that Lee had the better team. Are people blind. Who the hell is Pepi??? Lenny is too hard to control and designate tasks to, and as to the black girl....she only got as far as she did out of sheer luck. I can't remember her doing anything that shone through in the whole series. Sean is a man down already, but at least he seems to be organized and he is working closer with the main people behind the event itself. One of the main apsects in winning a task always seems to be to make sure you meet with the most important people that are going to help you and assess you and get on their good side. Its amazing how many teams just ignore the sponsers or companies they are working with for whatever reason. I do agree with the poster that said that Sean should have been dealing wth the promoter instead of choosing the menu. Very silly on his part.
Old 05-31-06, 02:04 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Poor Brent didn't get picked
Old 05-31-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the show picked up after a lackluster start, and I have enjoyed seeing the Donald's kids.

That being said, I think this is a once a year show, and the rest until January should help.

It we be a shocker to not see Sean win this thing. Should be a funny reunion with Tammy.
Old 05-31-06, 02:16 PM
Suspended

In business, people understand things like religious holidays. I guarantee you nobody in the last fifty years has lost a deal in the U.S. because they needed to take Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur off.

Which is not to say Lee deserves to be hired, but he deserves to not be hired because he's screwing up his task, not because he took three days off.
Old 05-31-06, 07:05 PM

i forgot about brent, I cracked up everytime he was in the background or asking people who got hired. the guys crazy

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.