2.02%
Voters: 297. You may not vote on this poll

Lost -- "Live Together, Die Alone" -- Season Finale -- 05.24.2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I guess they could have been waiting on the boat. I swear the last shot of them was on the boat when the ultra-violet sky/noise thingie happened.

It was. You do remember correctly.
Old 06-02-06, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
yep, all three were on the boat when the sky turned white and the noise started.
Old 06-02-06, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ltrain
What about the part with the "quarantine" hatch falling down from the sky and almost hitting Claire? Was it a result of the original explosion with the dynamite, or because of the magnetic charge? I was under the impression it was a result of the magnetic charge. Didn't that scene occur after the big white flash?

I suppose the force of the explosion could have launched the metal door up into the atmosphere, but I felt like a lot of time had passed from the original dynamite explosion from inside the hatch, until the metal hatch door came plummeting down from the sky.
Yeah, the hatch falling so long after the explosion caught me as odd. Right away I immediately thought that this is a "Truman" situation and they're within an enormous enclosure. When "Henry" told Michael to take a specific heading and that he would be rescued (kind of implied that he couldn't miss it) that also gave me the "Truman" idea.
Old 06-02-06, 08:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yep, all three were on the boat when the sky turned white and the noise started.
Yeah, they must've realized something was wrong when no one show up at the signal.
Old 06-03-06, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
Desmond was saving the book to be the last thing he read before he died. He was going to read it then kill himself with his gun but then he found the letter from Penny. Reading that letter threw him into a frenzy until he heard Locke banging on the hatch door which gave him hope. He may mave re-thought the book reading deal and actually read it at some point, we don't know for sure, but the fact that he hid the failsafe key within it was so the next team of button-pushers could find it.

I saw no evidence that Sayid & Co. were back on the boat after lighting the signal fire. They were waiting. Maybe Sun was still on the boat.
After Desmond saw a man banging on the hatch door, why didn't he go out to investigate? If it gave him hope, why not go out there and meet Locke? (He would have to be back in time to hit the button, but he knew there was no harm in leaving the hatch momentarily.)
Old 06-03-06, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 651 Likes on 451 Posts
Originally Posted by C00Ki3
After Desmond saw a man banging on the hatch door, why didn't he go out to investigate?
Probably still wary of the quarantine and the "hostiles."
Old 06-03-06, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts
Originally Posted by cracksky
Yeah, they must've realized something was wrong when no one show up at the signal.
Yeah, but they are on a boat. It is possible they got there a lot quicker. I just find it odd they wouldn't wait.

Originally Posted by C00Ki3
After Desmond saw a man banging on the hatch door, why didn't he go out to investigate? If it gave him hope, why not go out there and meet Locke? (He would have to be back in time to hit the button, but he knew there was no harm in leaving the hatch momentarily.)
Desmond couldn't see anything. It is a tiny window about 5 stories up with a flood light illuminating the shaft. Did he hear Locke speaking or just pounding? I was under the impression he just heard some pounding. Could have taken it as anything. Could have figured it was an animal.
Old 06-26-06, 09:16 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this, so it's just going here in the season finale thread....

Anyway Michael Emerson (fake Henry) gave a really good interview on some comic book podcast recently where he talked about all sorts of good LOST stuff.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/michaele...60606-mp3.html

Potentially lots of spoilers, although some of them are simply his opinion of what will happen. If nothing else, just skip ahead to the last 5 minutes or so to hear the lightning round questions - those are his best answers, especially the ones about Walt, the polar bear, and how Henry reacted to Desmond turning the key.

He's such a great actor at being creepy, even on the podcast he sounds crazy.
Old 06-27-06, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BubbaTC
I wasn't sure where to post this, so it's just going here in the season finale thread....

Anyway Michael Emerson (fake Henry) gave a really good interview on some comic book podcast recently where he talked about all sorts of good LOST stuff.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/michaele...60606-mp3.html

Potentially lots of spoilers, although some of them are simply his opinion of what will happen. If nothing else, just skip ahead to the last 5 minutes or so to hear the lightning round questions - those are his best answers, especially the ones about Walt, the polar bear, and how Henry reacted to Desmond turning the key.

He's such a great actor at being creepy, even on the podcast he sounds crazy.
Cool interview, some slight spoilers (especially at the end) but overall nothing that most of us weren't already thinking anyway.
Old 06-28-06, 02:41 PM

Here's a quick recap of the last few minutes of the interview - the lightning round - where most of the good stuff is: (Potential spoilers)

They asked Michael to simply answer Yes, No, or Maybe:

Spoiler:

Is Walt really important to the overall story? Yes

(stupid question about food tasting like sand)

Is everyone really dead? No

Can the Others be trusted? Maybe

Any connection between Hanso Foundation & Daimler-Chrysler or Jeep? No

Is the polar bear real? No

Is the smoke monster real? Maybe (it's great how creepy he sounds when he says this)

Were you surprised when the white light hit you after the explosion? "No, there's more story to that answer - I'll just say it was shot a couple of different ways."

My own thoughts - lots of cool stuff here, even if it's just what he's thinking is going on and not the Official word or whatever. Walt apparently is very important, so he's definitely not gone even if Michael is. Polar bear isn't real, so that kinda throws some kinks into the theory that it was there b/c of Dharma. Also, interesting how he said not everyone is really dead - Kelvin maybe? Jack's Dad?
Just makes me more excited for Season 3, sounds like we might finally learn more about the Others and their motivation, and hopefully something to explain his last answer about the white light - for some reason that has me really intrigued.
Old 07-05-06, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
There was new lost podcast. We don't learn anything though so you can skip it if you are not into that sort of thing. They are just talking about Walt and Michael relationship off air.