DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Lost -- "Live Together, Die Alone" -- Season Finale -- 05.24.2006 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/466526-lost-live-together-die-alone-season-finale-05-24-2006-a.html)

Rogue588 05-23-06 11:08 PM

Lost -- "Live Together, Die Alone" -- Season Finale -- 05.24.2006

"Reckoning"

The survivors of Oceanic flight 815 have been locked in a test of faith ever since they crashed on the island. Discover how this faith has been tested for both the fuselage survivors and tailies.

"Live Together, Die Alone"

After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch, on the two-hour season finale.

Everything starts at 8p with a repeat of the last clip show, followed by the two hour finale.

For reference:

the Lost Experience Thread

Last Week's Thread

Ovid 05-23-06 11:10 PM

That should be 05.24.2006

davidh777 05-24-06 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Everything starts at 8p with a repeat of the last clip show, followed by the two hour finale.

So the producers were too lazy to create yet another clip show incorporating the four weeks of developments since the last clip show?

Josh-da-man 05-24-06 04:13 AM

And no spoilers until it airs, so nobody mention that the season ends with
Spoiler:
Kate shooting Sayid in the back, Locke crippled again, Sawyer shooting Zeke in the face, and Alex stabbing Jack in the chest with a big knife and saying "You have no idea what I am capable of."

Josh-da-man 05-24-06 04:15 AM

And, just for the record, if any of the above things I mentioned actually happens in the episode I will officially shit kittens. (Yes, I just made them up on the spot.)

movieking 05-24-06 06:16 AM

And this airs starting at 6PM EST in Canada, so you might want to enter with caution after that, since someone might spoil the episode (not me though!)

adamblast 05-24-06 10:57 AM

Well, I'm really pretty excited about this one.

Although I suspect we'd be better off going in with lowered expectations--in case the major revelations they've promised don't turn out nearly as "major" as they said.

treszoks 05-24-06 11:13 AM

I predict some questions will be answered and more will be raised.

Jimmy James 05-24-06 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by adamblast
Well, I'm really pretty excited about this one.

Although I suspect we'd be better off going in with lowered expectations--in case the major revelations they've promised don't turn out nearly as "major" as they said.

Screw that. My expectations are high, and I will be vocal about my disappointment. They messed up last year's finale by giving us too little. This is their chance to make up for it.

Groucho 05-24-06 11:15 AM

I just started watching an early feed...here we go...

Chew 05-24-06 11:26 AM

Then we can expect a minute-by-minute Groucho reaction update?

:p

Groucho 05-24-06 11:31 AM

Omg!

Heat 05-24-06 11:33 AM

SPOILERS*

Per an article in MSNBC, it will be Desmond-centric, and they will explain why the jet crashed.

* not really spoilers, but for those who want to go into the show completely blind but are reading the thread before the show airs anyway, the spoiler tag is for you.

BDB 05-24-06 11:34 AM

Six Exclusive Action Figures Coming to Stores This Fall
May 23, 2006
Copyright 2006 TMP International, Inc.
McFarlane Toys will soon give Lost's legions of fans something new to obsess over. A series of Lost action figures is scheduled to be released late fall, 2006, and is destined to populate office cubicles around the country.

McFarlane Toys' Lost Series 1 captures six fan-favorite characters from the series' first season: Jack, Kate, Locke, Hurley, Charlie and Shannon. Each 6-inch Lost figure will have a detailed base and photographic backdrop, capturing an episode-specific moment in the character's story. In addition, each package will include a detailed prop reproduction central to the character's story, enabling fans to "own" a piece of the show's mythology. For example, Kate's figure will be packaged with a reproduction of the toy airplane that plays so prominently into her backstory. More than just action figures, McFarlane's Lost figures will once again raise the bar for fans and for the industry.

We will also be releasing Lost deluxe boxed sets -- re-creating key moments between multiple characters, and small-scale dioramas -- replicating central locations such as the mysterious island and the infamous hatch.

To say that we are VERY excited about this is an understatement.

Check back tomorrow right here on Spawn.com for our first big reveal -- coinciding with the Lost season cliffhanger: a peek at one of the figures in the first series.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...4/charliee.jpg

Groucho 05-24-06 11:36 AM

Yeah, I'm sure fans are clamoring for a Shannon figure.

Breakfast with Girls 05-24-06 11:42 AM

Pfft. "Action figures." They probably don't even have a kung-fu grip.

Groucho 05-24-06 11:52 AM

Back to watching...hey, WTF?!? That's going in the clue notebook for sure!

adamblast 05-24-06 12:21 PM

Wow, where do you live that they show it even earlier than Canada?? Somewhere the bluebirds sing, and there's a whiskey spring?

cdollaz 05-24-06 01:00 PM

Charlie is a fan-favorite?

Groucho 05-24-06 01:05 PM

WHOA...didn't see THAT coming...yikes...

RichC2 05-24-06 01:21 PM

Quiet You!

Raul3 05-24-06 01:32 PM

I don't care about spoilers. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to watch the full episode tonight. So If anyone has a link with big spoilers for tonight show, please share!

:p

Rogue588 05-24-06 01:34 PM

Here's something for your notebook Groucho..

Lost: Fiction and reality collide tonight on Jimmy Kimmel

On Jimmy Kimmel's website , Hugh McIntyre of The Hanso Foundation is scheduled as a guest on Wednesday night (tonight). No other information is given, but over at The Hanso Foundation's website is McIntyre's bio. It doesn't include a photo -- only a question mark -- but lists McIntyre as the "public voice of The Hanso Foundation". He's public relations, people. I imagine he'll go on to bash the book Bad Twin, supposedly written by Gary Troup, one of the people who didn't survive the crash of flight 815. Sawyer has been seen reading the manuscript for Bad Twin on Lost. And it's an actual book that takes aim at the fictional Hanso Foundation.

boogieman03 05-24-06 01:36 PM

Josh-Da-Man

You had me going.

Then I read your next post.

rotfl

pinata242 05-24-06 01:45 PM

Ok, Groucho, you've been done for about half an hour now. Spill it!