Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Final Four -- 05/09/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be going home on Wednesday night?
Katherine McPhee
43.10%
Chris Daughtry
16.38%
Elliott Yamin
33.62%
Taylor Hicks
6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Final Four -- 05/09/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, she looks defeated at the end there (when Ryan is telling everyone to vote).

Is it fair to have an Elvis-themed night when there's only one female left? Wouldn't that be like having a Barbara Streisand night when there's only one male left?
Old 05-09-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dear Randy: "pitchy" is not a word. Arrugh.

Oh, go figure when I check his entry on Wikipedia:
He has popularized "pitchy" as the way to describe off-key singing.
If I had my way after this week, McPhee would be bye-bye. But I'm guessing Elliott is the more likely to go home this week - which is a shame. I've warmed to his voice, and his stage performance is improving with each week. Some intense work could improve that.

Last edited by DGibFen; 05-09-06 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-09-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
kat wasnt even close to the other 3 tonight
but she will get through, because the demographics of the voters wont let 3 guys remain
Old 05-09-06, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you don't want Kat to get through, vote for ELLIOTT. Taylor and Chris are safe, so if you don't like Kat, throw all of your votes into IDOLS-03 or IDOLS-07 and vote for Elliott.
Old 05-09-06, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by ryuryu2949
If you don't want Kat to get through, vote for ELLIOTT. Taylor and Chris are safe, so if you don't like Kat, throw all of your votes into IDOLS-03 or IDOLS-07 and vote for Elliott.
Ok Mrs. Yamin...
Old 05-09-06, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Elliott was easily the best. I'm going to be voting a few times for the guy.
2. Taylor. Great 2nd song and the first one was fun enough.
3. Chris. Blah.
4. Katherine deserves to go. She was terrible.
Old 05-09-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<QUOTE=Terps54423>

Katherine oversang that song. Too much and too loud.

EDIT: Simon agreed.

</QUOTE>

She had to over sing it because the band was playing so damn loud. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is amazing how bad the band/sound engineers are on this show.

Last edited by BDLOU; 05-09-06 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-09-06, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow...glad I didn't vote before the performance. I honestly think that Elliott may have stepped up and saved himself for another week. Kat was horrible (though extremely hot in the first song).

Taylor, as always, was easily my favorite. I love the two song format because he gets to do a fun, entertaining performance and then really sink into a good vocal.

And is it too much to ask for Chris to smile and/or just look like he enjoys being there? The ultra-serious alt-rock BS is getting very old. I'm sure he's a good guy, but he's coming across less and less likeable as the season progresses.
Old 05-09-06, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by ryuryu2949
that strategy may send chris home

taylor could have gone out there and farted the alphabet, and he still would have advanced tonight
Old 05-09-06, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by BDLOU
She had to over sing it because the band was playing so damn loud. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is amazing how bad the band/sound engingeers are on this show.
I won't disagree with what you're saying, but there were parts of the song (and I'm no expert or anything to describe the technical stuff) where the vocals drop, but she would belt it out and scream. No good for me.
Old 05-09-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just love, love, love, the sound of Chris' voice.
Old 05-09-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by twikoff
taylor could have gone out there and farted the alphabet, and he still would have advanced tonight

although I'm a huge fan of Katharine...she doesn't deserve to go thru after tonight. maybe she just needs her mom's vocal coaching back? I dunno. I don't usually like Elliot, but he "worked it out" tonight.
Old 05-09-06, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that strategy may send chris home
Yep, i better get busy voting for Elliott then. Chris was easily the second weakest of the night, and Katherine could have enough support as the last girl to squeak by.
Old 05-09-06, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i have been calling both of elliott's numbers and have yet to get through. not sure if that means anything tho.
Old 05-09-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk God

based on dialidol so far
Spoiler:
extremely close vote between chris and kat to go home... taylor and elliot with sizable leads over the other 2.... 153 vote attempts for chris, 5 have gotten through
Old 05-09-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Terps54423
I won't disagree with what you're saying, but there were parts of the song (and I'm no expert or anything to describe the technical stuff) where the vocals drop, but she would belt it out and scream. No good for me.

I would guess that it's hard to know when the band is going to drown you out so you tend to start screaming everything. It's still no excuse though. Everyone else has to deal with the same crappy band/sound.
Old 05-09-06, 08:52 PM

Looks like Katharine was coasting on cute on a lot of that. I knew she was going to sing, "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" no shock there. Although I'd like to see her stick around just to look at her, Elliot was really good tonight...
Old 05-09-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, Kat didn't pull it off tonight, but after her first performance, I sure as hell did. Yowza.
Old 05-09-06, 09:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm confused with all the posters who think "Trouble" is an obscure song?
Old 05-09-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk God

trouble with dialidol

Spoiler:
Important Information: Make sure the phone numbers are correct. If you opened DialIdol too early the numbers may not have been entered yet and thus would have been provided last week's numbers. If the numbers are wrong - close and reopen DialIdol... dialidol users may be voting for the wrong people on accident and skew the results
Old 05-09-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That always happens. I always wait until 9pm to open the program. The very first week I used it the numbers weren't entered yet and it was dialing the numbers short and no votes were being cast. Luckily I figured it out in the first few minutes, but ever since then I always wait until after the show is over to load the program.
Old 05-09-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by antennaball
Wow...glad I didn't vote before the performance. I honestly think that Elliott may have stepped up and saved himself for another week. Kat was horrible (though extremely hot in the first song).
My thoughts exactly. I checked here before the show and I believe Elliott had 29 votes with no one else above 4. Now Elliott's still at 29 and Kat is closing fast. Elliott's stellar performance along with Kat's complete flub of both songs may be enough to get him through.

The one who should be worried, surprisingly enough, is Chris. Taylor's safe because, well, he's Taylor (and he did quite well tonight). Elliot will have strong support after a knock-out performance for both songs. Katharine's fans may be worried enough to vote like crazy to keep her in. That leaves Chris as the odd man out. Would be a shame if he's gone since IMO he's the best one left.
Old 05-09-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Taylor is such a spaz. Keep voting for him America. BLAH!
If he does spaz his way through the competition and win the whole thing, it will rank right up there with Fantasia quacking her way to the crown.

Last edited by chowderhead; 05-09-06 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-09-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Regardless of what happens, I do believe this is the most talented final four yet on AI. All four are outstanding singers.

People rag on Taylor but he has an excellent voice and he shows it when he's not "spazzing out". Ironically though, it's the spaz that will ultimately put him over the top. Like it or not, I believe America has decided that Taylor is their American Idol. He combines a great unique voice with an entertainment factor that the others don't have. That's why he has consistently been the most popular contestant all year. It's his competition to lose IMO.
Old 05-09-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by moocher
It's his [Taylor's] competition to lose IMO.

you're right. Taylor's the only one who;s NEVER been in the bottom 2-3...it's obvi he's the favourite.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.