Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox orders two pilots; "ER" may shift nights (other networks news inside)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fox orders two pilots; "ER" may shift nights (other networks news inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-06, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I'm really surprised that ER might be moving nights. I've never really watched ER, but I always figured that it would die in that same timeslot.

I can't believe War at Home might actually be coming back for another season. I tried to watch the first episode, and it is one of the few times that I was unable to even get through an episode of television. I thought it was just that bad. I hope it gets cancelled and Futurama gets brought back in its place.

I'm also surprised that ABC might break up their Sunday lineup. It has been pretty dominant this season. I can see where they would like to spread the wealth around to other nights, but it might could back to bite them in the ass.
Old 05-08-06, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red Dog

The new Sorkin show does sound promising. I hope they don't put in the Thursday 10 pm. Their expectations will be too high for it.
Agreed. We're going through a creative rough patch right now, and television desperately needs Sorkin back on the air.

das
Old 05-08-06, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clckworang
I'm also surprised that ABC might break up their Sunday lineup. It has been pretty dominant this season. I can see where they would like to spread the wealth around to other nights, but it might could back to bite them in the ass.
Grey's Anatomy is such a monster hit, it probably makes more sense to use that to anchor another night. I wonder, would they need to tone down some of the sex if it's on at 9pm?

The TV Guide article mentioned that GA would likely move, with DH staying put on Sundays, since DH is more shaky ratings-wise.
Old 05-08-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Taye Diggs show about a Cop on the run? Doesn't sound too promising. Another Heist type show? Why?
I guess they can't put ER out of it's misery because NBC doesnt have anything better to put on.
Moving Desperate Housewives away from it's cushy timeslot now could be a big mistake. It has had a lackluster second season (creatively) so this could be it's undoing. What are they going to do, move it up against "24?"
Old 05-08-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Yep - Grey's Anatomy is an anchor show - it doesn't need lead-in protection. ABC would be stupid not to break up the 2 and use GA to hurt the CSI franchise on Mondays.

Use DH to launch a new show.
Old 05-08-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wouldn't mind checking out the two new dramas on Fox. But knowing the idiots there, they'll premier with episode 7 and it would be be canceled before the episode was over. If these shows survive a full season with renewal for a second, I'll rent the DVD's like I did with House before season 2 began. The rest of that jibber jabber is meh... except maybe Jericho. Might give me some ideas of why I store 5000 rounds of ammo and tons of food...
Old 05-08-06, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh, and there are some people that can like The Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad at the same time.
I'm one of them. I love all 4 shows.

If NBC was smart, which means it won't happen, they would program Thursday night like this:

8:00 : ?
8:30 : My Name is Earl
9:00 : Scrubs
9:30: The Office
10:00 : Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Old 05-08-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
For people who want Scrubs in the Thursday 9 pm slot, be careful what you wish for.

I really don't know what NBC is going to do about Thursday night. I love MNIE and Office, but they aren't setting the world on fire there - but they probably do well enough considering the juggernaut of CSI. They have a huge hole from 8-9. They have a slowly dying ER.
Old 05-08-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm surprised about "Reba". I never really looked at the ratings, but they must be monster low to cancel it even with that large of financial penalties.

And now they'll never be able to explain where Kyra was all year.

Looking forward to the Sorkin show a good deal.
Old 05-08-06, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

studio 60 = aaron sorkin = sign me up.

i would watch the new spydaddy show just to see if he attacks someone when they object and maim them. that would be the best legal show ever.