Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 5/4/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off the island tonight???
Aras
15.38%
Cirie
0%
Danielle
15.38%
Shane
66.67%
Terry (still has the "secret" immunity idol)
2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 5/4/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by edytwinky
If Terry wins immunity, do you think he'll give the immunity idol to someone to use in return for their word on taking him to the final two?

I wouldn't trust such a promise. Like I said before, if I were Terry, if I won immunity, I'd just give it to one of the weaker physically people in exchange for voting out Aras in the 4-to-3 cut. Aras is the only person who can possibly beat him in a final-3 physical endurance challenge.
Old 05-07-06, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
You are probably right. At some point in Survivor history some members of the jury inexplicably began to perceive themselves as the stars of the final show. That's when things became strange.
I think the producers "suggest" the jury members be as dramatic as possible. I also think the the jurors use their jury speech as an audition for acting jobs and an attempt to become a memorable Survivor.

The self-righteous jury speeches are kind of a mixed bag in terms of entertainment. When all the Pearl Islands jurors were berating Lillian because she happened to be wearing a Boy Scouts uniform, I wanted to break my TV. The same applies to the Vanuatu jury and their rants about Twila's lie and Chris's emotional manipulations. When Lex and Kathy cried about Rob's maneuvering, I laughed like crazy because there has never been anyone more delusional than those two ego-maniacs.
Old 05-07-06, 04:01 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
Terry's worst case scenario is for Aras to win the next immunity, and Terry has to use his HII to get to the final 3
Actually he won't have to "use" it, will he? If everybody knows he has it (they obviously do at this point), it'd be stupid to have all 3 vote for him, allowing Terry to choose who goes...wouldn't it? That's what's going to make it so weird - if Terry doesn't win immunity, or he does win and gives one idol or the other to somebody else in a deal, there are only 2 people to vote for. And if the 2 not holding an idol know what's going on, they would have a lot of politicing to do - almost like it was the final 3 vote. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 05-07-06, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
How come no one is talking about the preview for next week...

Spoiler:
Terry and Aras start a full-on shoving match! One of those physical challenges. They both had their hands on each other. That's what I've wanted to see for ages! I bet Terry kicks Aras's hiney. Heck, if he can scuttle past Aras on fours on top of a wooden contraption, hands on hands should be no problem!
Old 05-07-06, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At this point in the game, the HII can only be used for this next IC, so should Aras win immunity, each person has to target someone, and if you're Cirie or Danielle you have to vote off Terry in the event that he's bluffing (that he has the HII), and take your 50/50 chance as to who going home should Terry produce the HII. Otherwise Cirie can only vote against Danielle, and Danielle can only vote against Cirie, and Aras will most likely vote against Danielle (if he doesn't want to test Terry's bluff), and Terry will vote against Danielle (over Cirie) because Danielle is more of a threat to win immunity in the last IC against either men left.

Seems to me, the only way Danielle stays in the game is to win the next IC, otherwise she is toast. Cirie doesn't have to do anything to get a pass into the final 3.
Old 05-07-06, 06:13 PM
Suspended

At this point in the game, the HII can only be used for this next IC, so should Aras win immunity, each person has to target someone, and if you're Cirie or Danielle you have to vote off Terry in the event that he's bluffing (that he has the HII), and take your 50/50 chance as to who going home should Terry produce the HII. Otherwise Cirie can only vote against Danielle, and Danielle can only vote against Cirie, and Aras will most likely vote against Danielle (if he doesn't want to test Terry's bluff), and Terry will vote against Danielle (over Cirie) because Danielle is more of a threat to win immunity in the last IC against either men left.

Seems to me, the only way Danielle stays in the game is to win the next IC, otherwise she is toast. Cirie doesn't have to do anything to get a pass into the final 3.
Good point about not wanting to take the risk that Terry is BSing about the Hidden II...Danielle is the only one that's seen it, right? And she doesn't know if that's what it actually is? I just think they have to know one way or another that he has it...but if not, he's probably better off.
Old 05-07-06, 07:43 PM

Or Terry wins immunity again and gives Danielle the II, thus assuring that Aras goes home.
Old 05-08-06, 04:07 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
How come no one is talking about the preview for next week...

Spoiler:
Terry and Aras start a full-on shoving match! One of those physical challenges. They both had their hands on each other. That's what I've wanted to see for ages! I bet Terry kicks Aras's hiney. Heck, if he can scuttle past Aras on fours on top of a wooden contraption, hands on hands should be no problem!
Aras really has a problem with older, authoritative men. and based on his comments about his mom being "his rock", i bet his father abandoned him and the family when he was younger. he's got issues, nonetheless.
Old 05-08-06, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ha Ha~! Terry Vs. Aras

Fighter Pilot Vs. Yoga Instructor

Hmmmmmm.........? That's a tough one?
Old 05-08-06, 08:21 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Ha Ha~! Terry Vs. Aras

Fighter Pilot Vs. Yoga Instructor

Hmmmmmm.........? That's a tough one?
They're just lucky the fire dancer is gone.
Old 05-08-06, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
They're just lucky the fire dancer is gone.
I'm hoping Courtney will cast her final vote through interpretive fire dance.
Old 05-08-06, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I'm hoping Courtney will cast her final vote through interpretive fire dance.
AFter watching her twirl rocks, I'm really hoping she WON'T.
Old 05-08-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Nice dive off the platform by Danielle
Old 05-08-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by davidh777
Nice dive off the platform by Danielle
Jeff gets to see all the goods up front
Old 05-08-06, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Survivor commercial gave away who wins immunity in the final 4...
Spoiler:
Aras. So Cirie or Danielle is gone. I think Terry will make a deal with Danielle to vote Cirie. Aras I don't see voting against Cirie (but I think he SHOULD, because I think he'd have a better chance winning a final vote against Danielle than Cirie), so I think he and Cirie will vote Danielle. I don't think Aras, Danielle, and Cirie will vote for Terry because it'd be too big of risk for all of them, putting the power in Terry's hands.

So it'll end up 2 to 2. What's the tie breaker now? Would it be a re-vote, or a mini challenge? Danielle IMO would win either way...so I think Cirie is gone.

But wait, there's more! If the clips were all new, and not from previous eps (I doubt they were), it showed a close up of the winner of what would have to be the final 3 immunity...
Spoiler:
Terry! But it doesn't show who else was left. My money is on Terry, Danielle, and Aras. I would sure think Terry would take Danielle to the finals. If he took Aras, he would probably lose Danielle's vote, and he's not gonna have Aras's vote either way.
Old 05-08-06, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
I'm a little confused. Doesn't the Sunday 3-hour finale traditionally start with 4 people? We are already down to 4 and have one episode Thursday and the 3-hour finale Sunday.
Old 05-08-06, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I'm a little confused. Doesn't the Sunday 3-hour finale traditionally start with 4 people? We are already down to 4 and have one episode Thursday and the 3-hour finale Sunday.
I think you're right. I checked and the last time the finale started with 3 people was Season 2 Austrailia.
Old 05-08-06, 08:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Yeah, how are they gonna do that? I checked, thinking maybe it was just 2 hrs Sunday, but nope, it's 3.
Old 05-09-06, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by taa455
I think you're right. I checked and the last time the finale started with 3 people was Season 2 Austrailia.
As I recall that finale really dragged. They should have kept the finale with 4 people.
Old 05-09-06, 04:42 PM

I agree with that. Assuming the finale is 2 hours again this season (not inc. the "reunion"), there will be a ton of boring fluff to sit through.
Old 05-10-06, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Right now, I just can't see Terry NOT making the final two. He might actually sweep through the entire immunity challenges
Old 05-10-06, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by taa455
I agree with that. Assuming the finale is 2 hours again this season (not inc. the "reunion"), there will be a ton of boring fluff to sit through.
But we may get an extra long edition of "fallen comrades"
Old 05-10-06, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

maybe there is no elimination on tomorrow's episode
Old 05-11-06, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
maybe there is no elimination on tomorrow's episode
heh

Old 05-11-06, 11:39 PM