Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 5/4/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be voted off the island tonight???
Aras
15.38%
Cirie
0%
Danielle
15.38%
Shane
66.67%
Terry (still has the "secret" immunity idol)
2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 5/4/06

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mookiemeister
So is the next episode going to be shown on Sunday like they usually do when it's down to final 4?

I hope Terry doesn't win. I prefer Danielle to win it all, but I'm ok if Cerie or Aras win. But I just find Terry's explanation of why he picked Shane on the reward to be pretty insincere. If he believed husband/wife union is more important than parent/child, then he should've picked Cerie and her husband to join him at the reward and not Shane and his son. The only reason he picked Shane is because he want to strategize with him. Terry should've just admit it instead of lying about it.
I disagree. Everyone on that island knows how hard it was for Shane to be without his son. I think ANYONE was going to pick Shane. I would have, if not for Shane, then for his son. I think it is different to compare a 24 year old missing his mom to a father missing his adolecent son. Apples and Oranges. Aras and Danielle probably have gone that long without seeing their mothers anyway...
That would have been my pecking order exactly, except that I was surprised he didnt send Aras to Exile to weaken him again, but Danielle deserved nothing from him. She had her shot to align with him, she chose not to, and he didnt owe her a damn thing.
Old 05-04-06, 09:17 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by datagirl7
I think he sees the needs of the Survivors first (not their families), and a fathers need for his son was considered to be less than the need of an adult for their parent. To me it sort of made sense that he put Shane and Cirie in the 2 good spots.
Before he picked, I was thinking along those same lines...I probably would've brought Cirie and her hubby to the house/resort place, and let Shane's kid go to camp.
Old 05-04-06, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Toad
Nah, people won't for him BECAUSE he's so good. It's the classic loser syndrome.
Also, someone who win every immunity challenge doesn't have to strategize as much as other people. If Terry gets to final 2, the other person can always argue that a big part of Survivor is to be able to 'outwit' another person. Terry didn't outwit anyone so he doesn't deserve to win this game.
Old 05-04-06, 09:23 PM

I like Terry and think he's the most skilled player in any season. But, he needs to pipe down a bit if he hopes to win.

Winning that challenge was a lose-lose situation. He should've given himself the short end of the stick.
Dont think he has a choice. You cant tone it down when NO ONE has your back. As soon as he lets up, he's gone.
Old 05-04-06, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Why didn't they show the Aras vote during Tribal? Kind of weird.

So if Terry wins immunity next week, he can basically hand the Hidden II to whoever he wants? I think Aras and Cirie are tight, with Danielle being odd woman out...so if he has immunity, Terry should give Danielle the Hidden II, don't you think?
I think that would be a great strategy for him, for even though Terry totally dominates in the challenges, I dont think he would want to risk having Aras in the final three, for he is the only one left who could possibly beat Terry in the final IC. That all depends of course on him winning the next IC.
Old 05-04-06, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At this point, there's no reason to not win reward (otherwise, you allow yourself to be exiled, and why weaken yourself if you don't have to by winning rewards).
Old 05-04-06, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I disagree. Everyone on that island knows how hard it was for Shane to be without his son. I think ANYONE was going to pick Shane. I would have, if not for Shane, then for his son. I think it is different to compare a 24 year old missing his mom to a father missing his adolecent son. Apples and Oranges. Aras and Danielle probably have gone that long without seeing their mothers anyway...
That would have been my pecking order exactly, except that I was surprised he didnt send Aras to Exile to weaken him again, but Danielle deserved nothing from him. She had her shot to align with him, she chose not to, and he didnt owe her a damn thing.
You know that he could've also picked Shane's son to join him at their camp and it would've still satisfy Shane's need to be with his son. The only reason he picked Shane to go on the reward (instead of Cerie and her husband) is so he could have a private talk with him about the game. And then he tried to come up with some excuse to Aras why he picked Shane over them (including Cerie). That's why I think Terry's insincere.
Old 05-04-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Winning that challenge was a lose-lose situation. He should've given himself the short end of the stick.
Why should he have ? He won. I'm sure he wanted to see his wife.
Why would he give it to one of those idiots ?
They all want Terry out. First chance they get they will vote him off.
Do you think by giving up a reward challenge he will convince one of them to vote with him ?

Terry has this locked up. They made another big mistake getting rid of Shane.
That's one more vote for Terry. Plus Terry giving him time with his son will also help Shane vote for Terry.
So now that's 5 votes for Terry.

Aras is one of the worst players ever. He looks like such a cry baby loosing all the time to Terry then bragging how he's going to beat him next time.
Then he votes out Courtney and Shane and keeps Cirie and Danielle.

I'm surprised Shane wasn't grateful to Terry for picking him to go with him.
He should have been thanking him for days.
Old 05-04-06, 09:40 PM

I agree with you guys that Terry has no choice but to continue to win both reward and immunity challenges. At this stage of the game, it's too late for him to strategize with anyone anymore. He's only hope is to just keep winning those challenges and if he gets to final 2, he should try to convince the jury that he's the best survivor because he won all those challenges and didn't backstab anyone.
Old 05-04-06, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Struz
I'm surprised Shane wasn't grateful to Terry for picking him to go with him.
He should have been thanking him for days.
I'm not surprised. Shane realized that Terry picked him to the reward because he want to talk about game strategy and not because Terry think he deserved the reward the most.
Old 05-04-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

even if terry doesnt win he's cemented himself as a contender for Survivor: All-Stars 2
Old 05-04-06, 09:56 PM
Mok

Voting out Shane was the wrong move Danielle is a much stronger player, and may just easily look at this way her head is on the chopping block next. She should just swallow her pride and team up with Terry. I really don't see Shane giving his vote to Terry no matter what Shane is loyal even if he got screwed over by his teammates.
Old 05-04-06, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Way early in the game a few people came in a Survivor thread and tossed out some rumors about who was going to win based on a variety of info they'd heard. Both of those players are still in the game and back when those 2 rumors were brought up, 1 of them was much more credible.

If that person wins, I think it will be 2 consecutive seasons (or more) that the winner was spoiled in one of these threads very early on. I'm not blaming the posters this late, but if that happens again, I'm not sure why people should bother watching because clearly CBS and Burnett aren't doing what they need to do to prevent things from being spoiled.

Even if, technically, only the final 2 are known until the last episode, it's possible that people do tell one another who they voted for or some seasons it's just clear it isn't gonna be a close vote and, finally, I don't even want the final 2 to be spoiled by week 3 even if it turns out to be a squeaker.

Kind of didn't buy the edited in tension this week that either Shane or Danielle was going. If Cirie voted for Dani, she would have lost Aras and Danielle's vote. She's too smart to do that, though I don't see her making the final 2 anyway. She's the only person that could beat Terry, unless the jury totally loses their mind if he makes it that far, so I think she'd crush anyone else. She has to go and it shouldn't be too hard to do since she has no chance of winning a challenge.

Terry's choices after reward made perfect sense to me, but he was a jerk about it to Aras. If Terry was trying to get Aras worked up, I would have been ok with that, but I don't think you can minimize the importance of anyone's family or what they would mean to them. Although, now Terry has won a car and a hummer. I had no doubt that he'd win again after that kind of boost.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 05-04-06 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-04-06, 10:57 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Although, now Terry has won a car and a hummer. I had no doubt that he'd win again after that kind of boost.
Old 05-04-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mookiemeister
I'm not surprised. Shane realized that Terry picked him to the reward because he want to talk about game strategy and not because Terry think he deserved the reward the most.
I don't think so. I think he felt bad for Shane knowing how much he missed his son. I would have picked Shane too.

What's up with Aras complaing to Terry about not picking his mother ?
Is he kidding ? What does Terry owe him ?
If I was Terry I would have sent Aras to Exile Island.
"My mommy is my rock"
Old 05-04-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Hmm...here's how I see the rest of the game playing out. I don't see how it'll play out any other way unless Terry loses an immunity contest.
1) Terry will win the next immunity contest. Again.
2) The two girls will vote out Aras.
3) Terry will win the final immunity contest and then be forced to choose Danielle to go to the finals with him because Cirie would be too difficult to beat, having offended absolutely no one and because the jury is stacked towards her.
4) Danielle will win because that tribe absolutely HATES Terry for winning EVERY FREAKING immunity contest and for taunting them while he does it.

And I think Terry realizes this too, which is why he had that look of "oh shit" on his face when Shane got booted. I think the other 3 realized Shane was the only person Terry could win against too which is why they booted Shane.
Old 05-04-06, 11:05 PM

hopefully terry makes it to the final two.. he's got 2 votes for sure (austin and sally), and then i think courtney and shane feel betrayed and would vote for him to win too

aras is a dumbass saying how he likes it when terry wins cuz it challenges him more
Old 05-04-06, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy

Kind of didn't buy the edited in tension this week that either Shane or Danielle was going.
Thanks to the great episode title (bamboozled) there shouldn't have been any tension whatsoever since that made it obvious that Shane was headed out. Sometimes it just seems like cbs WANTS you to know what is going to happen beforehand.
Old 05-04-06, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by MEJHarrison
I think starting next year Survivor should throw an extra 100k to anyone who can sweep the immunity challanges. So far Colby the only one who's ever done it, but Terry might just be #2.

Colby didn't sweep the ICs. He won the last 5 that season. Keith(2) and Nick(1) won the first 3 between them.

I think Terry has this game wrapped up if he makes F2....and for the 2nd week in a row I think they voted out someone that will give Terry their vote due to massive betrayal. Hell just for letting his son stay the night he probably got Shane's vote.

This has been one of the better seasons in recent memory. I've loved how Terry has had a bullseye on him the entire time, and every week he kicks their ass. Looking forward to the last two shows.
Old 05-04-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hahn
4) Danielle will win because that tribe absolutely HATES Terry for winning EVERY FREAKING immunity contest and for taunting them while he does it.

And I think Terry realizes this too, which is why he had that look of "oh shit" on his face when Shane got booted. I think the other 3 realized Shane was the only person Terry could win against too which is why they booted Shane.
No way. The reason he was surprised is because he was once again on the wrong side of the vote. Danielle is the only one left that Terry would easily beat.

Austin - Terry. Unless he and Danielle really connected when they were on Exile Island and almost died.
Sally - Terry
Bruce - Danielle. She's probably the only one left that could beat Terry for Bruce's vote.
Courtney - Terry. Did you see her reactions to Danielle? Plus she and Terry were "pals" when she left.
Shane - Terry. He may be envious of Terry to the point where he hates him, but Shane hates Danielle a heck of a lot more.
Aras & Cirie would likely vote for Danielle but it all would depend on how they left

Terry up against Cirie or Aras is less predictable because neither one of them elicit the types of emotional responses that Danielle does.

Last edited by the big train; 05-04-06 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-04-06, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
even if terry doesnt win he's cemented himself as a contender for Survivor: All-Stars 2
You think there's going to be an All-Stars 2?

If Terry made it, I think he'd get voted off pretty soon seeing as though people would probably think he'd be too strong once the merge hits.
Old 05-05-06, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by the big train
No way. The reason he was surprised is because he was once again on the wrong side of the vote. Danielle is the only one left that Terry would easily beat.

Austin - Terry. Unless he and Danielle really connected when they were on Exile Island and almost died.
Sally - Terry
Bruce - Danielle. She's probably the only one left that could beat Terry for Bruce's vote.
Courtney - Terry. Did you see her reactions to Danielle? Plus she and Terry were "pals" when she left.
Shane - Terry. He may be envious of Terry to the point where he hates him, but Shane hates Danielle a heck of a lot more.
Aras & Cirie would likely vote for Danielle but it all would depend on how they left

Terry up against Cirie or Aras is less predictable because neither one of them elicit the types of emotional responses that Danielle does.
Shane may be a scumbag, but I think he's loyal to a fault. And I'm betting he WILL vote along tribal lines. And that's all she needs. Bruce, Shane, Aras, and Cirie. Austin, Sally, and Courtney will not be enough.
Old 05-05-06, 01:25 AM

They are throwing these challanges toward Terry. They all have to deal with stamina and altheletism. I remember when Colby kept winning them, there was a lot of different types of challanges. C'mon as soon as you saw this challange you knew it was over. Maybe they'll change their ways as of late and not have the last challange be a long physical "test of will"
Old 05-05-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Why does everyone think Terry will win the next immunity challenge? Yes, I know he's won every one so far, but as he said, he doesn't have to show up for the next one. His immunity idol is useless after next episode, so why not use it? I guess it gives him some flexibility if he gives it to someone else
Spoiler:
and it looks from the preview, that might be what happens with Danelle in the next episode
, but I don't see that strategy helping him in any way, really. Especially since everyone else left has either lied to him already (Danelle and Cerie) or friggin' hates his guts (Aras). What could there be to gain from an alliance at this late date.

BTW : I like it how everyone Terry gets friendly with or votes with gets immediately voted off. It's like having sex in a horror movie or on Lost.
Old 05-05-06, 05:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aktick
I think that might be my first rim shot in 5+ years here, so thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.