Cirie
0%
Courtney
6.90%
Danielle
0%
Shane
10.34%
Terry (still has the "secret" immunity idol)
0%
Twikoff?
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 4/20/06

Old 04-20-06, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
So when is the hidden II taken out of the game? Once it's the final 4, or 3?
I believe it is active through the final 4, meaning it could be used to get Terry to the final 3.
Old 04-20-06, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

IIRC, it's when it's down to 4 that the HII gets retired.
Old 04-20-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

lol, so was it ever officially mentioned when it was no longer in play?

At any rate...Terry just has to win 1 of 2 or 2 of 3 immunity challenges to make the final 3. Not bad odds considering what he's done already.
Old 04-20-06, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, it was mentioned early, perhaps the first episode this season.
Old 04-20-06, 09:25 PM

Aras gave the Reward to Cirie. I can't believe people actually think he answered Terry on purpose, not to mention the fact that the answer to the question wasn't what you thought, but what you think the tribe thought.

As for Aras and Cirie being snakes...well, of course. It's called "playing the game". Happens every season. Why hate them for it?
Old 04-20-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Patman
Yeah, it was mentioned early, perhaps the first episode this season.
I think that was discuss last season and this season in the first episode as you mentioned.
Old 04-20-06, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want a Blackberry like Shane's
Old 04-20-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CBS
Terry hastily pries open the box to reveal the coveted Immunity Idol, which will keep him safe from the vote through the Final Four!
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...4/index3.shtml

I guess it is how one interprets "through."
Old 04-20-06, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn - completely blocked colon and bladder. That can't be pleasant.
Old 04-20-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Aras to Terry: "I don't think you could survive one day out here by yourself."
Aras is such a smug tool. Would be wonderful to see him get the boot.

After eating fish and berries, wouldn't the rich reward food give people a major case of the runs?

Last edited by LiquidSky; 04-20-06 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TwineTime
As for Aras and Cirie being snakes...well, of course. It's called "playing the game". Happens every season. Why hate them for it?
Well I think Cirie is just playing a good game...I don't "hate" either of them...but I really don't think much of Aras as a person, but mainly because of little snide comments he's made that are the only way I have to judge his character. From a few eps ago - "Austin is a slimeball, just a slimeball." That was said when talking in private with his "tribe," so either he was kidding or he actually thought Austin was a slimeball for trying out a different strategy (throwing the immunity challenge). Not that it's a big deal, and maybe he's a great guy in the real world. Obviously the island (like on Lost, right? ) affects the way people act.
Old 04-20-06, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I friggin forgot to tivo this tonight!!!! Who was sent away for medical reasons? Was there a tribal council?

How about the cliff notes of what happend. Please!!!
Old 04-20-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I HATE Shane. He is such a baby...which makes for great tv. I hope he sticks around until the end.

I don't understand what Cirie did wrong? She seems to be playing pretty straight survivor if you ask me. She's playing the "ride on the most powerful's coat tails/under the radar" game, which is as tried and true on this show as Terry's domination strategy.

But that Shane...my god. Some people probably show out on tv because they're on tv, but I bet Shane is that kind of person in real life.
Old 04-20-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by waporvare
I friggin forgot to tivo this tonight!!!! Who was sent away for medical reasons? Was there a tribal council?

How about the cliff notes of what happend. Please!!!
Reward challenge was a pecking order game - knock people out by answering questions about how the tribe feels about each other, last one standing wins. Courtney learned the tribe thinks she is an annoying, motor mouth. Cirie won, was able to take two on a dinner/spa treatment - took Aras and Danielle. That Shane wasn't picked to go angered him mightily, and made him question his alliance. Terry, first knocked out, was sent to Exile Island. Bruce got sick and sicker from constipation to the point where he couldn't even sit up. The doctor was called, and Bruce taken away. Jeff came the next morning to tell everyone Bruce would be fine, but he had a fully blocked colon and bladder, and is out of the game - no tribal council. Bruce would try to be back for the next tribal council on the jury if cleared by the doctors.

Last edited by SunMonkey; 04-20-06 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Aras is a total jackass. At least with Shane you could sit back and laugh at his idiocy. But damn, with Aras you just want to shove his head in the fire. Seems like he's anti-military with his comment about Terry. You could stick a Naval Aviator on exile island for the entire game and it wouldn't phase 'em, he'd probably gain weight.

In the end though I think Terry will make it to the finale. But he wont get the votes. The rest are going to vote along tribal lines in the end and Terry doesn't have much help on that end.
Old 04-20-06, 10:39 PM

I repeat.

Aras gave the Reward to Cirie. I can't believe people actually think he answered Terry on purpose, not to mention the fact that the answer to the question wasn't what you thought, but what you think the tribe thought.

As for the Austin scumbad comment, I saw it as more along the lines of Aras trying to keep the team united against La Mina. He's a smart guy, as evidenced tonight during the Reward Challenge when he warned his alliance about falling for the "pecking order alliance fracture" trick. He knows what happens when you let someone from the other tribe make it to the end (see Danni last season) and wanted everyone to concentrate on getting the rest of La Mina off. I don't think he really thinks Austin is a scumbag.
Old 04-20-06, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Comeon...Aras is the same guy who said

"Terry will eventually lose immunity, I mean, he's a fighter pilot...not an American Gladiator!"

Retard

I really like Cerie
Old 04-20-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Shane: Can I do this naked?

Funniest line of the night.
Old 04-20-06, 11:06 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cirie may just make it to the final 2 she is a real smart player. Sometimes brain is better than brawn.
Old 04-20-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I find it extremely amusing at some of these reactions.

Aras is anti-military? Please, he's a member of Al-Qaeda, so he likes the military, just not ours. Isn't that obvious to everyone else?

Why is it such a big deal, that a member of another tribe/alliance would make a comment that Terry might be beatable and try and pump himself and others up? That's all that can be reasonably interpreted from Aras saying Terry wasn't a Gladiator and just a fighter pilot.

And I can't believe people think Aras seriously would believe Terry, clearly the strongest player in the game, couldn't last one day in the jungle. He threw the competition and then just gave a shot to Terry, probably because he's seen as cocky. Which he has every right to be, but which still doesn't sit well with the others.

It's amazing that Courtney would be voted most annoying and then come back and be even more annoying about being voted most annoying. They really do cast some of America's most "special" people. From watching the show, I find Shane more annoying, but his antics might be bad when they happen, but not go on all the time. We probably just don't see Courtney being annoying all the time. I can't stand men who bully women and I really felt Shane crossed a line and agree that he doesn't seem to be just the kind of person just reacting to a stressful game, but someone who's probably like that in real life. He was so quick to insult anyone that made a move against him or didn't pick him. Shane was probably right that anyone could beat Courtney, but he's not a bad pick for the others (if she's not around) to take the final 2 either, because I only think he could beat Courtney and he doesn't seem to be aware of how close the two of them are.

I, personally, have severe, chronic stomach problems and have had to spend a lot of time in hospitals. When the pain meds do come, though, at least for a while, no matter how bad it's been, I feel better or out of it. So, either the med the Dr. referred to having given Bruce was something mild like Bentyl (highly doubtful) or he was in some mind-blowing pain, because he was moaning really badly well after the med should have helped him. Hope he's back for the jury, but I still think the others over did the praise; generally they mocked him, and I don't think he played well, and he was most certainly on the short list to go after Terry.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 04-20-06 at 11:35 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Shane might end up being one of my favorite Survivor cast members ever. He is freaking hilarious.
Old 04-21-06, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by TwineTime
I repeat.

I can't believe everyone else is pulling a Shane over that. Aras looks like he's been playing a pretty smart game so far, and giving up the win while knowing that Cirie would pick him anyway seemed like the thing to do. I turned my head when he made the comment towards Terry, but it sounded like he was just joking around.
Old 04-21-06, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that their thinking is this... if it gets down to the Final 4 and he hasn't used it and doesn't have immunity, it'll be a 3-1 vote against him so the person he votes for goes home (since he'd use the HII). Then they'd be down to the Final 3 and the winner of that challenge choosees who they go against, which isn't so much a vote against, but rather a vote for and I don't see how the HII should be a free ride to the Final 2 at that point.

My opinion.

Bruce
Old 04-21-06, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shane: "She's so obnoxious!"
Old 04-21-06, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shane's comments to the camera are pretty interesting -- saying how he's doing insane behavior on purpose to work the group psychology in his favor. That was pretty funny at the challenge. He gets upset at being called "most moody" -- and proceeds to sulk moodily.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.