Cirie
0%
Courtney
6.90%
Danielle
0%
Shane
10.34%
Terry (still has the "secret" immunity idol)
0%
Twikoff?
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Panama -- Exile Island - 4/20/06

Old 04-20-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Aras to Terry: "I don't think you could survive one day out here by yourself."
Aras is clearly talking out of his ass here. Terry's spent half the game on Exile Island. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week if Terry doesn't win immunity. Aras knows Terry keeps writing his name down, and probably believes Terry has the II. Aras is probably smart enough to see the way out is to tell all the alliance to vote for Terry, and secretly have him and one other (probably Cirie) vote for one of their alliance so that the worst Aras can do is come in third. But would the others be smart enough to see this happening?
Old 04-20-06, 11:26 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So what happens if Bruce can't make the jury? Do they give the spot to Nick since he was the last one voted out before the jury was formed?
Old 04-20-06, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow Terry got a little lucky this week
Old 04-21-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by DRG
So what happens if Bruce can't make the jury? Do they give the spot to Nick since he was the last one voted out before the jury was formed?
That would be another huge bonus for Terry
Old 04-21-06, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
A little over dramatic with the music...
Yeah. Wasn't that the same music that played as Maximus exsanguinated and then rode off to reunite with his family?

I was sorta hoping that CBS would make a sponsor exemption and have Bruce's family moment be brought to you by Metamucil instead.
Old 04-21-06, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Cirie may just make it to the final 2 she is a real smart player. Sometimes brain is better than brawn.
Yeah, shes managed to have both Aras and Shane and the other 2 girls to think that they are in an alliance of 3 with her. So no matter how it goes down in the end game she is safe (in theory).
Old 04-21-06, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved Bruce's response when Courtney starts singing to him to comfort him: "Please ... don't!"
Old 04-21-06, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They say sarcasm doesnt doesnt work on the internet......apparently it doesnt work on TV either because I thought it was pretty freakin obvious Aras was joking. He threw out the silliest answer because he knew Cirie was gonna win and take him anyway.
Old 04-21-06, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brainee
I loved Bruce's response when Courtney starts singing to him to comfort him: "Please ... don't!"
And that was after she asked him if singing would help and he said no.

She's such a tool. I think that when she started to sing, that's what finally stopped everything in his bowels. He was 95% plugged and she shut the man's colon down completely.
Old 04-21-06, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee
Aras is clearly talking out of his ass here. Terry's spent half the game on Exile Island. It'll be interesting to see what happens next week if Terry doesn't win immunity. Aras knows Terry keeps writing his name down, and probably believes Terry has the II. Aras is probably smart enough to see the way out is to tell all the alliance to vote for Terry, and secretly have him and one other (probably Cirie) vote for one of their alliance so that the worst Aras can do is come in third. But would the others be smart enough to see this happening?
If there is ever a vote for Terry (and that is by no means certain), Aras should at least vote for someone else on his own to create a 1-1 tie.
Old 04-21-06, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The reason I don't like Aras: purposely gorging on the rice after he was already full simply so the others couldn't have any as the tribes merged. That was a real a-hole move.

Last edited by LiquidSky; 04-21-06 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-21-06, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by edytwinky
Wow Terry got a little lucky this week
Especially since they decided to use the pecking order-rope chopping challenge for reward and not immunity this year. Traditionally that's the one challenge that you CAN'T win if everyone is gunning for you. That's the challenge that has gotten rid of some of the biggest alliances and power players over the years. I was expecting that to be his week to use the hidden idol if they did it and then... reward! So basically it turns out to just be a laugh for him. Awesome.

And yeah, Shane is amazing TV.
Old 04-21-06, 08:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm not sure what's more embarassing for Bruce: having his constipation be the subject of a top-rated television show, or being carried off on a stretcher by a naked man.
Old 04-21-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
I think Terry is a lock if he gets to the final. He has 2 votes guaranteed (Sally and Austin) and likely Bruce's vote as well. All he needs is a single vote from one of the other 4 and I can't imagine with all of the backstabbing that is going to have to happen that one of those nut jobs isn't going to be so pissed that they will break tribal ties and vote for him.
Old 04-21-06, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I think Terry is a lock if he gets to the final. He has 2 votes guaranteed (Sally and Austin) and likely Bruce's vote as well. All he needs is a single vote from one of the other 4 and I can't imagine with all of the backstabbing that is going to have to happen that one of those nut jobs isn't going to be so pissed that they will break tribal ties and vote for him.
Yup. After last night, I don't see Courtney voting for any of her tribe.
Old 04-21-06, 09:05 AM
Suspended

It was obvious that almost every time somebody answered "Terry" they were just doing it so as to not piss off their own tribe. I'm surprised the rest of them (other than Aras) had that figured out. And I realize Aras just gave a BS answer at the end.

But I dislike him for the same reason as LiquidSky, as well as a few other instances of childish, stuck-up behavior. Hopefully somebody brings the fact that he gave Cirie the reward (undoubtedly so he didn't take any heat for winning and picking the wrong people to go with him) to her attention. Kind of not really a nice move to make on somebody you are supposedly in a tight alliance with. I doubt if anybody but Terry would've noticed though, and Cirie wouldn't believe him anyways.

I guess I just don't understand the seeming hatred of Terry by the others. Sure, he's a little cocky, but all-in-all it appears he's been a good guy around camp, hasn't thrown tantrums, works, etc. I suppose they're just all pissed that they can't beat him, so they'll treat him like shit?
Old 04-21-06, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by zuffy
Spoiler:
Shane and his Blackberry in the preview
This season is awesome.
Agred.
Old 04-21-06, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aras is dumber than Courtney for saying that. I guess his hate for Terry shows. God, taking Shane or Courtney to the final 2 will guarantee you to win.
I didn't get the impression that Aras answer was 'Terry' because he hates Terry. I thought he realized that Cerie will pick him as the partner in the reward if she win, so there is no reason for him to win and have a bigger target on his back. Look at what happened when Cerie didn't pick Shane to the reward. The winner is not alway a good thing in reward challenge.
Old 04-21-06, 09:48 AM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts
Spoiler:
Shane and his Blackberry in the preview
This season is awesome.
I fell out of my chair as well. That guy is either nuts or a genius! He's definately all-star status.
Old 04-21-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mookiemeister
I didn't get the impression that Aras answer was 'Terry' because he hates Terry. I thought he realized that Cerie will pick him as the partner in the reward if she win, so there is no reason for him to win and have a bigger target on his back. Look at what happened when Cerie didn't pick Shane to the reward. The winner is not alway a good thing in reward challenge.
You're right. I take back what I said. Aras didn't want the camp to be pissed off at him for winning.
Old 04-21-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I fell out of my chair as well. That guy is either nuts or a genius! He's definately all-star status.
How his son get alone with him is beyond me.
Old 04-21-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

How his son get alone with him is beyond me.

His son is more than likely the adult/level-headed one of the two.
Old 04-21-06, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Shane's son better be treading through life carefully these days. How many times has Shane sworn on his life? I have to admit that Shane has grown on me as the season moved along. He's just so damn crazy he makes the show more fun. And what was with that bizarre death threat to Courtney, saying he was going to track her down in her crappy apartment and kill her after the show? Courtney was of course offended -- but not because Shane threatened to kill her, but because she thinks her house is nice

Who knows how the editing is making things, but they really are making it seem like the whole tribe is just treating Terry like crap. There have been times in past shows where there are individuals that are clearly in the minority and on the chopping block, but the alliance will be decent to that person in camp and save the nastiness for the voting. The whole thing just seems childish. Maybe its mostly Aras. I'm really really not liking him. He's just so obnoxiously smug. If he was a character in a movie, he would be the cliche smug jerk where the whole movie leads to the underdog hero finally putting him in his place at the end.
Old 04-21-06, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 242 Likes on 177 Posts
Shane is just a riot, he is constantly cracking me up. Like last night when they were getting ready to take Bruce off in the stretcher and they told Shane they would need his help carrrying him off, he said something like "Do we have to do this right this second?"
Old 04-21-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Aras is an ass. I can't wait until he gets voted out.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.