Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Final 7 -- 04/18/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be going home Wednesday night?
Ace Young
58.72%
Katherine McPhee
0%
Kellie Pickler
16.51%
Chris Daughtry
0.92%
Elliott Yamin
17.43%
Paris Bennett
6.42%
Taylor Hicks
0%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Final 7 -- 04/18/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terps54423
Can't he just say no?
Bo did last year. He went to the middle and that was that. Taylor likely should have done the same thing, but I still love him. Ryan cutting him off made him look kind of bad.

Originally Posted by moocher
If Pickler wasn't there tonight, I doubt she ever will be.
That kind of scares me, I got to admit.
Old 04-19-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
YES! I love DialIdol. Used them for the bottom three in my office pool and once again, I will come out on top. All the women in my office were ready to lynch me when I chose Chris (and not Kellie) for the bottom 3.

PICK PICKLER FOREVER! lol
You have to keep posting each week about your office pool. This really cracks me up. They don't ever question how you are so "lucky" all the time?

Having Taylor choose a group is major league sucky.
Old 04-19-06, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just glad Katharine breaks out her puppies on elimination night, once again.
Old 04-19-06, 09:10 PM

You would think it would be Paris going home next week then Elliot, but I guess he has a lot of fans who power vote.

Boot order:
Paris
Kat
Elliot

Then it's tricky, if there is a god then Kellie goes. This will be the weakest final 2 in the history of the show, especially if Kellie is in the final 2 and they are forced to say it was a good performance because they don't want to kill the concept of American Idol. Out of 100,000+ people who auditioned, we have somebody who sucks in the final 2?
Old 04-19-06, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
You have to keep posting each week about your office pool. This really cracks me up. They don't ever question how you are so "lucky" all the time?

Having Taylor choose a group is major league sucky.
They did that I think last year too. I think it was Bo and he stood right in the middle. That is the move to make. Or maybe Taylor is so far ahead of the pack right now they wanted to shave off a few votes.
Old 04-19-06, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
YES! I love DialIdol. Used them for the bottom three in my office pool and once again, I will come out on top. All the women in my office were ready to lynch me when I chose Chris (and not Kellie) for the bottom 3.

PICK PICKLER FOREVER! lol
Wow, that Office Pool you are in sounds pretty fun to play, but the way you're playing it is pretty low down. How would your office mates feel if they found out the way you are making your picks? And what if others in your pool had been aware of DialIdol and had been using it as well to make their picks? There wouldn't be much sense then in running a pool such as this because almost everyone would end up having the same picks. And where is the fun in that?
Old 04-19-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by atlantamoi
No no...I actually even told some of them about DialIdol, but after they saw their beloved Chris was listed in the bottom three this week, they said it was the "stupiest, most worthless, website ever" and there was NO WAY it could even be close to correct.

Now whether or not they decide to put their faith into DialIdol after tonight remains to be seen... but I doubt they will.
Old 04-19-06, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I find it utterly humorous how many of you bought Kellie's self deprecating "I buhtchered eeiit" horseshit act hook, line, and sinker. It just goes to show you the extent to which she has a large amount of voters by the short and curlies. If she can sway you people, who for the most part seem fairly objective, just think what effect it has on the simpletons in Podunk and everywhere else. I said it last night and I'll say it again. When she first seemed bummed out and said she did bad, I bought it for a second, too, and thought it was refreshing, in a time where not many are candid and real. When she kept going on and on and on about it, it became crystal clear that it was yet another in a long line of phony attempts to rally all the stupid sheep behind her. She knew her performance sucked shit and she was launching a damage control pre-emptive strike.

Face it-if she didn't have blonde hair, tits, a nice ass, a "gee heck" personality that disarms voters and causes a majority of voters to relate to her, and a built in sob story background that the producers had no problem shoving down our throats the first 4 weeks or so, her ass would have been sent home weeks ago. She can't hold a candle to Carrie Underwood, talent-wise, even though Carrie herself is the least talented Idol winner yet. She has seriously had maybe 2 or 3 decent performances, not one of them being among the best of the night, and the others were somewhere between fair and downright crappy, yet she has been in the top 3 each and every week.

The fucking jig is up, Pickler. It's just too bad not many can see it. This coming from a guy who would gladly hit it every day of the week, and thrice on Sunday.

Last edited by SexualPudding; 04-19-06 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-19-06, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xx2000xx
This will be the weakest final 2 in the history of the show, especially if Kellie is in the final 2 and they are forced to say it was a good performance because they don't want to kill the concept of American Idol. Out of 100,000+ people who auditioned, we have somebody who sucks in the final 2?
No matter who is in the final 2 this time, no way will it be worse than season 3 when both of the final 2 sucked (actually the final 3 if you include Jasmine Trias). I believe all of the remaining contestants are far better than those 3.

Look, I'm not about to argue that Kellie Pickler is the best or even one of the best remaining but she is certainly a talented singer. I believe that many here color their view of her talent because they are disgusted by what they perceive to be a "fake" personality.

Kellie had a subpar performance last night (and no it wasn't the worst in the history of AI or even the worst this year) but she is usually quite good. She is just as good as (actually better than) the quacking duck Fantasia Barrino or mediocre boring Diana DeGarmo or the gawd awful Jasmine Trias.
Old 04-19-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The fact that Paris was in the bottom 3 after she had the hands-down best performance this week is a huge shock to me. Her fans probably thought she was safe this week, they'll probably rally next week for her.

Now, where will Ace's votes go? Next week I'm going to throw my DialIdol votes to Paris and Elliot. Anything to make them last longer against Kellie, Katherine, or Chris.

Personally I'm hoping Taylor wins the whole thing. Whoo!
Old 04-19-06, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by moocher
Pickler will give him a run for the money. Tonight convinces me that Kellie and Taylor will be the final two.
I absolutely agree. If Kellie didn't go bottom 3 out of 7 after that bad, bad performance last night, she has more than big enough a fan base to pull through to the finals.

I don't think she can beat Taylor, though.
Old 04-19-06, 09:51 PM

this season started out great, and at the rate it's going with Kellie and Taylor, could possibly be the worst AI finale ever.
Old 04-19-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JacksModernLife
this season started out great, and at the rate it's going with Kellie and Taylor, could possibly be the worst AI finale ever.
...or maybe the BEST?
Old 04-19-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did you guys/gals saying this actually watch season 3?! Only one of that top 10 (Latoya London) was better than anyone in this top 10. Are you seriously saying that this group is worse than Fantasia/Diana/Jasmine?!! Not possible. AI will never sink that low again.

Kellie and Taylor are not the best remaining but now that Ace is gone, all of the ones remaining are very talented singers and I would have no problem with any one of them winning. My personal favorite is Taylor but I believe Katharine and Chris are the most talented ones left with Katharine probably deserving the crown.
Old 04-19-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No....it would be the worst.
Old 04-19-06, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by xx2000xx
They did that I think last year too. I think it was Bo and he stood right in the middle. That is the move to make. Or maybe Taylor is so far ahead of the pack right now they wanted to shave off a few votes.
They did it in S3 with 7 people left as well. George Huff was safe and he had to stand between two groups, one with Red Crooner, Jasmin Trias, and Diana Degarmo and the other with Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson and Latoya London. He tried to stand in between the two groups but Fantasia's group pulled him in, and Ryan told him he was wrong. That was when America was called racist because there happened to be three black chicks in the bottom 3. I guess the race-baiters didn't realize or care that the three of them were very similar in style, splitting the vote for that genre.

Simply amazing that the two best performances from last night were both in the bottom 3. Was Chris hurt by going first? Is order that much of a difference?

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 04-19-06 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-19-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
That was when America was called racist because there happened to be three black chicks in the bottom 3. I guess the race-baiters didn't realize or care that the three of them were very similar in style, splitting the vote for that genre.
...or that the bottom 3 were all white the previous week.
Old 04-19-06, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did anyone else notice Kellie running up to Rod and staying in his face after he performed? He told her she did good, and I heard her say, No, I blew it and started poor mouthing herself to him right there on the stage. Sorry, but she is always working it. But I'm convinced after last nights performance, she can just about fart the ABC's on stage, and she wouldnt make it to the bottom 3.
Old 04-19-06, 10:19 PM

I just find it amazing that America loves these cheapo versions of people. Kellie is SUCH a cheap version of Carrie, not to mention Jessica Simpson. Katharine is a knock-off of Kelly Clarkson, and it annoys the hell out of me. I think that it would be most advantageous for AI if Chris won, because let's face it, who the hell under the age of 35 would buy Taylor's album, regardless of if they like the Blues or not.

I think Chris would definitely soar with an alt album (although most likely NOT accepted in the alt community/stations) but definitely would fill the "alt" pop niche on those KiisFM type stations. Heck, I'd enjoy an album of his.

I also think I would enjoy a Paris album, full of raspy jazz-inspired songs, something refreshing.

It'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds, but even more interesting to see if ANYONE who doesn't get into the finale can break the curse and actually make a name for themselves. Seems like ya either got a win it or come in 2nd (and that's hardly a given, but at least you get the chance to make it) to actually get famous/get your album heard.
Old 04-19-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think that it would be most advantageous for AI if Chris won, because let's face it, who the hell under the age of 35 would buy Taylor's album, regardless of if they like the Blues or not.

I think Chris would definitely soar with an alt album (although most likely NOT accepted in the alt community/stations) but definitely would fill the "alt" pop niche on those KiisFM type stations. Heck, I'd enjoy an album of his.

I also think I would enjoy a Paris album, full of raspy jazz-inspired songs, something refreshing.
Hmmm, I don't know. Chris is pretty similar to Bo Bice and Bo did far worse than Carrie Underwood in sales. Paris is similar to Fantasia (who was a disappointment in sales). I agree though that Taylor's album probably wouldn't sell to a wide audience. Katharine (pop) or Kellie (country) are the most mainstream and would probably sell the most albums for 19/AI. Everyone else seems to me would appeal to only a niche audience.

The only true superstars from AI are Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, and Carrie Underwood and they are mainstream pop/country singers. The rest who have released albums have been slight to major disappointments.
Old 04-19-06, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

who the hell under the age of 35 would buy Taylor's album, regardless of if they like the Blues or not
I'm 28 and yes, I think i would buy his album.
Old 04-19-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
i suspect Pickler was 4th...which is a very major chink in her ditzy armor....next week will be brutal for her once again....she's going down.
Old 04-19-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd put Katharine in the Adult Contemporary category, not Pop.
Old 04-19-06, 10:45 PM

Fantasia and Ruben both sold over a million copies each, and I believe Fantasia sold around 2 million. A lot of people I know (who all are white and listen to musically white stations) act as though these two did not succeed at all. It's quite the opposite, Fantasia and Ruben were both VERY popular on urban radio stations and also on BET. Fantasia definitely had more hit singles (again, in a diff demo) but hits none-the-less. At the time these two were out, I was enjoying the R&B genre (which recently has gone down the pooper), so I remember their songs (well Ruben kinda only had one). For the past 2 years I've only listened to one radio station, and that's Q101, an alt radio station in Chicago. If I didn't read up on music album and single sales/charts and mainstream radio hits, I would say that Carrie Underwood has disappeared, because I have NEVER heard her song on the radio...cuz well duh...they wouldnt play her on q101. To be honest, if it wasnt for the top 40 radio station playing in the workout center, I wouldn't know that Kelly Clarkson has had so many recent hit singles. it's all about what type of music you listen to, and which AI person sings that type.

And Clay Aiken...I have NEVER heard song of his anywhere....thank god.
Old 04-19-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I find it utterly humorous how many of you bought Kellie's self deprecating "I buhtchered eeiit" horseshit act hook, line, and sinker. It just goes to show you the extent to which she has a large amount of voters by the short and curlies. If she can sway you people, who for the most part seem fairly objective, just think what effect it has on the simpletons in Podunk and everywhere else. I said it last night and I'll say it again. When she first seemed bummed out and said she did bad, I bought it for a second, too, and thought it was refreshing, in a time where not many are candid and real. When she kept going on and on and on about it, it became crystal clear that it was yet another in a long line of phony attempts to rally all the stupid sheep behind her. She knew her performance sucked shit and she was launching a damage control pre-emptive strike.

Face it-if she didn't have blonde hair, tits, a nice ass, a "gee heck" personality that disarms voters and causes a majority of voters to relate to her, and a built in sob story background that the producers had no problem shoving down our throats the first 4 weeks or so, her ass would have been sent home weeks ago. She can't hold a candle to Carrie Underwood, talent-wise, even though Carrie herself is the least talented Idol winner yet. She has seriously had maybe 2 or 3 decent performances, not one of them being among the best of the night, and the others were somewhere between fair and downright crappy, yet she has been in the top 3 each and every week.

The fucking jig is up, Pickler. It's just too bad not many can see it. This coming from a guy who would gladly hit it every day of the week, and thrice on Sunday.
I'm with you 1000% -- well, except for the hitting it part, 'cause, you know, eww...

But for now, none of that matters because ACE is finally gone!!! Here's hoping Ace gets a career just like Justin Guarini!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.