Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/28/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be eliminated on Leg 4?
Lake & Michelle (Team Haul Ass!)
2.78%
Danielle & Dani (Double Ds)
47.22%
BJ & Tyler (Team TTOW!)
0%
Ray & Yolanda (Team Big Booty)
5.56%
David & Lori (Team Sneaky Schmoopy)
5.56%
Joseph & Monica (Team MoJo)
2.78%
Eric & Jeremy (Team Dry Hump)
2.78%
Fran & Barry (Team Oh My God, We're Not In Last!)
22.22%
No One (non-elimiination or To Be Continued)
11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/28/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
What about the judge cost them the race? I didn't think the judges could say anything but approve or disapprove the statue puzzle, and couldnt do either until they are asked by the team if it was complete.
It appeared to me that the judge said the statue was put together incorrectly when the a couple of the leg pieces were in the right place, but not turned exactly the right way.

Lake & Michelle didn't figure out that Ray & Yolanda were the team in last place until they were past the Yield and already working on the Roadblock.

So, they got to the Yield. Saw there were two teams behind them (because there were two tags left beyond their own), found two pictures in the Yield thingy and couldn't figure out that someone other than Dani and Danielle were behind them?

If that's the brain power Lake and Michelle are packing, there's little danger of them winning the race.

I don't know if it was a bad decision or not, but I can't imagine they didn't know the two teams they could've yielded given the way the game is set-up.

Last edited by BigDan; 03-30-06 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-30-06, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They knew two teams were behind them. They knew for a fact that the Danielles were behind them because they saw them. They did not know for a fact that Ray & Yolanda were halfway to Syracuse because they hadn't seen them since the Palermo Airport. For all they knew Ray & Yolanda were already done and Mojo were the stragglers.

Why risk wasting the Yield on a team that is ahead of you when you can virtually guarantee advancement by Yielding the team you know is trailing?

This reminds me of the Rob & Amber London Yield Monday Morning Quarterbacking. Obviously there is a better use of the Yield if they have the information we have; but that's not the case, so they make the best decision they can with the information available.
Old 03-30-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have a problem with them using the Yield on the Pinks. It gained Lake & Michelle time and pretty well guaranteed they wouldn't be last. And as bad as Ray & Yolanda appear to be with the finding their way around part of the race, their physical abilities might not be as big of a threat as people seem to think (not that the Pinks were any better at finding their way, but still...)

However, if it is true that the pictures of racers already past the Yield are removed (and, as far as I know, this is the case), then there's no way for Lake & Michelle to not know who is behind them. If they looked at the remaining two sets of pictures and still wondered, they aren't long for this race.

If the pictures aren't removed or otherwise marked, then Dani/Danielle were the only choice, really.

But if they did know, I don't think it was a mistake to yield Dani/Danielle over Ray/Yolanda.

EDITED TO ADD:

Thinking back to the infamous Weaver family Yield of last year, though, and I guess it's clear that they don't remove the pictures at the Yield since the Weaver family sat there and made fun of all the pictures, IIRC.

So forget that which I said before.

Last edited by BigDan; 03-30-06 at 01:55 AM.
Old 03-30-06, 05:59 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Guido's are smart..
from the past racers blobs on CBS.COM about ep 3.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...p03/fans/rotr/

NEXT...BJ and Tyler the act is long over. Take off the beard and wigs, you guys are the Alpha male contestants in disguise. The field better watch out, or these guys are skating to a win. They even let Eric and Jeremy come in first ahead of them to stoke the frat boys egos, and to cover up their Supreme Alphaness.
Old 03-30-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by BigDan
It appeared to me that the judge said the statue was put together incorrectly when the a couple of the leg pieces were in the right place, but not turned exactly the right way.

Lake & Michelle didn't figure out that Ray & Yolanda were the team in last place until they were past the Yield and already working on the Roadblock.

So, they got to the Yield. Saw there were two teams behind them (because there were two tags left beyond their own), found two pictures in the Yield thingy and couldn't figure out that someone other than Dani and Danielle were behind them?

If that's the brain power Lake and Michelle are packing, there's little danger of them winning the race.

I don't know if it was a bad decision or not, but I can't imagine they didn't know the two teams they could've yielded given the way the game is set-up.

They're even dumber than I thought.
Old 03-30-06, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How so? Lake & Michelle were the last team out of the Palermo Airport and didn't see Ray & Yolanda until they were running to the pitstop. They caught up with two of the teams that were on the earlier flight in Segesta. Why is it so inconceivable that MoJo was the lost team?
Old 03-31-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
NEXT...BJ and Tyler the act is long over. Take off the beard and wigs, you guys are the Alpha male contestants in disguise. The field better watch out, or these guys are skating to a win. They even let Eric and Jeremy come in first ahead of them to stoke the frat boys egos, and to cover up their Supreme Alphaness.
Not sure if your implying the same thing, but my wife and I were saying the same thing last week. These 2 guys are probalby brillant men who needed a "schtick" to get them on the show. Like they're 2 genius', and their own personalities woud'lnt' be enough to get them on the show.
Old 03-31-06, 09:49 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

pretty much joeboo.
Old 03-31-06, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can see why they yielded the DDs. If I was towards the end of the pack, I would want to yield the team that I know is yapping at my heels and not some other team that could be hours behind you. That way you know you can leave that team behind so you won't finish dead last.

Plus by yielding a team that would not be sticking around very long anyway, they don't have to worry about any payback down the road.
Old 03-31-06, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Considering there are only 2 Yields in the entire race, the payback factor is minor.
Old 03-31-06, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is this the first time a yield actually caused someone to be eliminated?
Usually the yields are on a nonelim leg, or the ones that were not, no one used them.
Old 03-31-06, 02:55 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I can see why they yielded the DDs. If I was towards the end of the pack, I would want to yield the team that I know is yapping at my heels and not some other team that could be hours behind you. That way you know you can leave that team behind so you won't finish dead last.

Plus by yielding a team that would not be sticking around very long anyway, they don't have to worry about any payback down the road.

I see it now, the Gay Frat Boys, yield Lake in a revenge move, with a shout of in yer face... Sweet revenge from lake taking out the double d's
Old 03-31-06, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
Is this the first time a yield actually caused someone to be eliminated?
Usually the yields are on a nonelim leg, or the ones that were not, no one used them.
Or someone else was so far behind that the yield didn't cause the yielded team to fall to last place (like last season when the Gaghans were eliminated).
Old 04-01-06, 05:05 PM

lake is such stupid hick

wtf was he talking about when fran was telling him and his wife to go away, and he said "she's a doctor's wife, she shouldnt be like that".. and him making fun of dave cuz he's fat.. he needs to stfu, he's awlays yelling so much w/ his stupid accent

sucks to see the double d's go , they were good eye candy.. right now iwant the hippies or frat boys to win, hopefully lake and michelle get elminiated next week