Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/28/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be eliminated on Leg 4?
Lake & Michelle (Team Haul Ass!)
2.78%
Danielle & Dani (Double Ds)
47.22%
BJ & Tyler (Team TTOW!)
0%
Ray & Yolanda (Team Big Booty)
5.56%
David & Lori (Team Sneaky Schmoopy)
5.56%
Joseph & Monica (Team MoJo)
2.78%
Eric & Jeremy (Team Dry Hump)
2.78%
Fran & Barry (Team Oh My God, We're Not In Last!)
22.22%
No One (non-elimiination or To Be Continued)
11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/28/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-06, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I was extra tired last night but I thought Lake believed the only team behind them at the time was the Double D's.
Old 03-29-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree with Madara. I don't think they had any idea that R&L were behind them. Remember, they went and did the bell, so the only team that Lake saw was the girls at the clothing lines.

Then again, couldn't you just count the cars?
Old 03-29-06, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
They had to know at least one other team was behind them because there are little numbered markers on the Yield board. And as teams pass the Yield, they take their pictures, so they for sure knew who the two teams were behind them.

I loved Fran/Barry refusing to help Lake/Michelle 2 different times last night. HAHAHA!!!

BJ/Tyler are one of the best teams, if not the best, to play this game yet. They don't make big mistakes, make smart decisions that allow them to get an edge (like using the internet last nite to book flight), and they use locals well. Plus, they are friendly with every team, which limits their chances of getting yielded or having another team refuse to give them help.
Old 03-29-06, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm rooting for the Hippies to win.
They are the best team.

I can't stand Fran & Barry.
When they are in last they want the other teams to help them (remember putting the motorcycle together) but when they are not in last it's "screw you".

Too bad Team DD is gone. They were nice to look at but they were so slow. They took there time with everything. They had a big head start on the staute against Ray buy Ray finished first.

I think Lake thought Team DD was the last team and they were right behind them. If he knew Ray & Yolonda were last he would have yielded them instead. Team DD is no threat.
Old 03-29-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i'm voting fran and barry from here on out, until they're gone.

What was up with Fran at the airport? Shooing lake away?

Then at the pitstop, they can't tell lake where the teatro is? they suck.
Old 03-29-06, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i'm voting fran and barry from here on out, until they're gone.

What was up with Fran at the airport? Shooing lake away?

Then at the pitstop, they can't tell lake where the teatro is? they suck.
Lake had it coming for promising to help them with the motorcycle thing and then not really doing it. I haven't seen Fran/Barry do this with anyone else, just Lake/Michelle, who had it coming. Besides, when did this become a wuss-board that thinks everyone should help each other. It's a race remember.
Old 03-29-06, 09:39 AM

Monica
Fran (just kidding)
Michelle seems to be quite submissive.

Other than Fran/Barry and Lake, there really seems to be no negativity amongst the teams.
Old 03-29-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Lake had it coming for promising to help them with the motorcycle thing and then not really doing it. I haven't seen Fran/Barry do this with anyone else, just Lake/Michelle, who had it coming. Besides, when did this become a wuss-board that thinks everyone should help each other. It's a race remember.
Lake told them what to do. Was he supposed to do it for them too ?
Teams don't have to help each other but Fran & Barry shouldn't ask for help or except help if they're not going to help anyone else.
Old 03-29-06, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Struz
Lake told them what to do. Was he supposed to do it for them too ?
Teams don't have to help each other but Fran & Barry shouldn't ask for help or except help if they're not going to help anyone else.
I wouldn't call that telling them what to do. He took about 5 seconds and mumbled some non-specific stuff to them. Of course he shouldn't have done it for them, but being a little more thorough would have been appropriate after he told them he would help.

I think Fran/Barry would help any of the other teams, just not Lake/Michelle.
Old 03-29-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wouldn't call that telling them what to do. He took about 5 seconds and mumbled some non-specific stuff to them. Of course he shouldn't have done it for them, but being a little more thorough would have been appropriate after he told them he would help.

I think Fran/Barry would help any of the other teams, just not Lake/Michelle.
Maybe he assumed they had a some knowledge of motors since they choose to do this task. Do you remember how cocky Fram was about doing this challenge ? Lake told here what to do. Her response was "what's a carburetor" ?

I don't think F & B are going to help anyone but I'm sure they will ask for help when they're dead last again really soon.
Old 03-29-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
i agree, was lake supposed to sit with them and walk them through it?

that is quite different than answering "where's the teatro", when you're already walking up to the pit stop.

also, it was the way they did it. Fran shooed him off (rude), and Barry said "can't help you" (also rude). Lake wasn't rude to them.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 03-29-06 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-29-06, 10:25 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I think fran and barry have a very good shot at the top 4.
Old 03-29-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Struz
Lake told here what to do. Her response was "what's a carburetor" ?
Actually "What's the engine?"
Old 03-29-06, 12:11 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Derrich
I have zero doubt now, the frat boys are gay. They probably had a drunken encounter in the dorm and are doing every thing possible to convince themselves and others that they're not 'that way'.
Yeah, the way that one guy keeps harping on about "picking up chicks" just seems like he's trying to either hide or deny his gayness by going overboard on the "look how straight I am!" thing.

Fran & Barry are doing better, but they still have major problems finding route markers, which is the one element of the game that really isn't designed to be all that challenging.

First goes the hot daughter now the double D's. Sorry to see so much eye candy gone so quickly.

And kudos to the producers for not forcing bunching this episode. Having a bit of natural staggering based on the different available flights is a good thing.
Old 03-29-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
First goes the hot daughter now the double D's. Sorry to see so much eye candy gone so quickly.
If they keep supplying us with the gratuitous shots of Monica's cleavage there won't be a problem.
Old 03-29-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't forget the shot of her in her bikini a few episodes back.
Old 03-29-06, 04:32 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I did like the 2 extra pieces of the Statue, and why did Dani not go check out the other statues, I can't remember if you can or cannot check the other teams work
Old 03-29-06, 04:50 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Phil's blog is a great read on CBS.com

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...p04/phil/blog/

Originally Posted by phil
We are headed straight to the Roadblock. A field full of “Travelocity” gnomes hats and feet. A fantastic set up. Just got a phone call, Wanda & Desiree are going the wrong way. They are apparently having a few words with each other. Danielle & Dani are following them and they are going around in circles.

We are only slightly ahead of Eric & Jeremy, trying to get our shooting finished before they get here. Loving the autobahn, driving at some incredible speeds…legally we are keeping ahead of things nicely…very good drivers. Read a piece in the paper this morning about Japanese tourists who come over here to drive without limits. They hire a fast car and then go all out on the autobahn. The roads are perfect here. Unfortunately, many are only experienced at driving at average speeds of 15 mph and so there have been a lot of terrible accidents.

The country-side is showing off this morning, a lovely fog is slowing burning off. Cars on the side of the road are covered in frost. A hot air balloon is ahead of us…the perfect day for a flight. Lots of hay bails scattered all over the rolling hills…can’t help thinking about the Roadblock in season 6 with Kristy & Lena. Another very quick trip through the country again.

We are right on track to get to the Pit Stop before the teams. The Bavarian Film Studio events were brilliant. A lot of laughs. Eric & Jeremy flirting with the locals as usual…they are constantly on the look out for the local “Hotties.” Can’t say they’re not having fun!
Old 03-29-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
They had to know at least one other team was behind them because there are little numbered markers on the Yield board. And as teams pass the Yield, they take their pictures, so they for sure knew who the two teams were behind them.
Exactly - they had to know.
Old 03-29-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by Red Dog
That's the only possible explanation because that was an utterly baffling move. You have a choice of yielding a team that is very physically fit vs a team that is best known for their jugs plus the physically fit team is further behind (so you can essentially bury them), and you decide to yield the juggies?
Its not so cut and dry, if DD ever got back to a bunchup, they would ride the Fratboys coattails to a top 3 finish, while Ray and Yolanda would just get lost.

It wasnt a terrible decision, since if they yielded Ray and Yolanda, they could have recovered and footraced them to the mat, while DD was ABSOLUTLY eliminated as soon as the yield was used
Old 03-29-06, 10:13 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Just watched The Early Show, with the double d's.

they said ray and yolonda beat them by 10 mins, so there was no footrace.
Said that both the yield and the judge cost them the race.
Old 03-29-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Phil's right...the fucking highways in Germany are like GLASS
Old 03-29-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
It wasnt a terrible decision, since if they yielded Ray and Yolanda, they could have recovered and footraced them to the mat, while DD was ABSOLUTLY eliminated as soon as the yield was used

It was a terrible decision. Lake's #1 concern should be to avoid finishing last. The best way to do that is to make it harder for the more physically fit team, who happened to be even further behind than the juggies, to challenge them in a footrace to the end.

Unless you are going to use the Yield when you are in 1st place to delay the 2nd place team (if you happen to know who is in 2nd when you have to decide) in order to win a 1st place prize for winning a leg, you should always use the Yield against the last place team if you know whom it is, as was the case here. The only exception would be if the last place team is very weak.

Example: remember when Amber and Rob had the chance to Yield Uchenna & Joyce (who they knew were in last place), their strongest competition, a few seasons back, but they decided to Yield the team right behind them instead? That mistake probably cost them the million bucks.
Old 03-29-06, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Just watched The Early Show, with the double d's.

they said ray and yolonda beat them by 10 mins, so there was no footrace.
Said that both the yield and the judge cost them the race.
What about the judge cost them the race? I didn't think the judges could say anything but approve or disapprove the statue puzzle, and couldnt do either until they are asked by the team if it was complete.
Old 03-30-06, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lake & Michelle didn't figure out that Ray & Yolanda were the team in last place until they were past the Yield and already working on the Roadblock.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.