Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Elimination Show (Final 12 are Chosen!) -- 03/09/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home tonight?
Melissa McGhee
48.21%
Ayla Brown
28.57%
Kinnik Sky
89.29%
Lisa Tucker
7.14%
Kellie Pickler
0%
Paris Bennett
7.14%
Will Makar
71.43%
Bucky Covington
16.07%
Kevin Covais
69.64%
Gedeon McKinney
30.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Elimination Show (Final 12 are Chosen!) -- 03/09/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Also, I wonder what Stevie Wonder thinks of Taylor and his gray hair??

Um..haha....
Old 03-10-06, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can only hope someone will cover that song Stevie did on the Cosby Show with all of the Huxtables voices.
Old 03-10-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That being said, id take any of the top 12 over Brenna...guys included.
I wouldn't go that far. Kevin over Brenna? NO THANKS!
Old 03-10-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by zuffy
I wouldn't go that far. Kevin over Brenna? NO THANKS!
I loathe her that much. I would bend him over before touching that tw*t.
Old 03-10-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, Rock!
He's not even legal in most states!
Old 03-10-06, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by SMB-IL
Oh, Rock!
He's not even legal in most states!
True...and if im going to prison for something, I should just do something horrible to Brenna
Old 03-10-06, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Absolutely, those who are new to the show need to realize that talent is only a piece of the idol puzzle.
I'm new to the show, and maybe that could be of some interest to you regulars.

I'm fully aware that it's a popularity contest. I know most of the people voting are young kids and they aren't over-analyzing the actual vocal performances. They are going to vote for who appeals to them. I'm also not going to be a hypocrite and act like I'm some unbiased critic who can ignore all the factors besides singing ability. Looks, personality, it's all part of the package. That's the main reason I like Lisa so much. To me she has it all. Mandisa is a great talent but she doesn't have it all, and if I ever did vote it wouldn't be for her.

I just don't understand Kevin's appeal, even to little girls, who I admittadly can't relate with. It *has* to be mainly pity votes. I don't see any other way.

I KNEW he would get through the first couple weeks. And I thought it would be little girls who did it, and thought Simon's comments about the "grandma vote" were kind of stupid. But I really don't think the little girl votes could sustain him at this stage (or even at the earlier stage, now that I think about it). It has to be older people who like him because they feel sorry for him. I don't know if I'm wording it right, but it's something like that. Some people see him and think "What a sweet kid, I don't want him to feel bad." Something like that. It isn't little girls doing it either. Simon had it right all along.

For his own sake he needs to be voted off though. The jokes gone so far that all the kindness actually seems kind of mean to me. He clearly doesn't belong.
Old 03-10-06, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Kevin Covais singing "Very Schupertischious"! Should be interesting.
Old 03-10-06, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt925
I just don't understand Kevin's appeal, even to little girls, who I admittadly can't relate with. It *has* to be mainly pity votes. I don't see any other way.
might not be that kevin was all that appealing.. just that gedeon was just that UNAPPEALING

he had an ok voice.. but far from great.. definitly down near the bottom of the guys that were remaining.. and well below alot of the guys that didnt even make it into the final 24. based purely on singing talent, Im sure we would EASILY find 12 guys that were better most of the guys that made the fnial 24.. but its that extra something that the judges went with.

he was a complete jackass.. and his attitude and strangeness had to turn alot of people off

and Im still laughing at his painting
Old 03-10-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
The theory that 'little girls' make a majority of the voting block is the biggest fallacy in AI...WOMEN make a majority of the votes, but they aint 12 years old.
Old 03-10-06, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
I really enjoy watching Amerian Idol, but I am starting to see a flaw~

By voting in Kevin and other untalented singers based on sympathy or looks but never really committing a fan base that would ever buy a CD or attend a concert of theirs, they are risking AI losing it's credibility. I think that has already happened with Rueben and Fantasia who seeminly disappeared off the planet. Once we can't take this competition seriously, (think how soon America realized you cant find true love on The Bachelor...everyone who gets picked ends up breaking up anyway, and now that show is just a joke). And I would hate to see that happen because I really like this show. So vote for someone you really would support...at the music stores, and I doubt you all would be lining up for the best of Kevin Covais!
You take this seriously?
Old 03-10-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
They all have to do a Stevie Wonder song next week? every one different? that's harsh.

I want to hear this:

I am black and you are white

You are blind as a bat and I have sight
Side by side, you are my amigo,
Negro, let's not fiiiiiiiight!"
Old 03-10-06, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by brizz
You take this seriously?
Actually, I did. I really like Kelly Clarkson, and thought it was a great way to showcase new talent. I don't think I would waste my time watching it if I didnt believe that. There is enough crap on TV that I wouldn't have to watch this 3 x a week, if I didnt think it was attempting to be legitimate...
Old 03-10-06, 03:25 PM

if brenna never opened her mouth she would actually be kind of hot.

i would at least hate fuck her.
Old 03-10-06, 03:31 PM

I honestly would have supported a Gideon CD.

I would have bought 2 copies and sent one to twikoff
Maybe we would have gotten really lucky and the CD would have featured an original Gideon cover painting!
Old 03-10-06, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Gideon had by far the most bizarre sentence ever uttered on American Idol.

"The Blood of Christ saves me!"

WTF?
My take on this is:

At some point during the rehearsals, Hollywood, early shows, etc..., Gedeon realized he didn't want to be on the show anymore but didn't want to quit. He felt that God was helping him off the show. He's a much better singer/performer than most that are in the top 12 and he knows it. He'll do fine on his own. In fact, he'll do better and that's what he meant by being saved.
Old 03-10-06, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by cracksky
My take on this is:

At some point during the rehearsals, Hollywood, early shows, etc..., Gedeon realized he didn't want to be on the show anymore but didn't want to quit. He felt that God was helping him off the show. He's a much better singer/performer than most that are in the top 12 and he knows it. He'll do fine on his own. In fact, he'll do better and that's what he meant by being saved.

When VH1 casts the second Temptations movie, Gedeon will have a job again.
Old 03-10-06, 04:21 PM

I want Katherine McPhee or that blonde ditzy chick to win...(currently forgot her name). I just want hot chicks to be my next AI since none have been hot I'd hate to see Taylor Hicks win this thing...mostly because his style is clearly copied from Ray Charles. If he was still alive and was able to see, he would have kicked his ass. I also don't care for him personally as I went to highschool with him. I still don't know why his hair is prematurely gray. Maybe he used Greecian gray?
Old 03-10-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bye Gedeon. We'll miss ya...

+

=

Old 03-10-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^
Old 03-10-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Originally Posted by cracksky
My take on this is:

Like Mario Vazquez?
Old 03-11-06, 10:50 AM

Absolutely, those who are new to the show need to realize that talent is only a piece of the idol puzzle.

Im sure this season will not be any different. We will see more surprises and one or some of the better singers may get ousted quicker than we think.

I think its shaping up to be the best season since season 1 though.

Next week - Chris has to sing Stevie Wonder...that should be interesting. Also, I wonder what Stevie Wonder thinks of Taylor and his gray hair??

If Chris is smart he'll break out the Chili Pepper's cover of "Higher Ground".
Old 03-11-06, 11:35 AM

I seem to recall Randy J saying, this season, that Stevie W is one of the greatest male vocalists ever and that people shouldn't attempt to sing his songs unless they were gonna change them up and not do an impression (or something like that).
Old 03-11-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Ugghh. Why does it have to be Stevie Wonder next week?!? Haven't we heard enough of his songs on this show.
BTW...a testement to how brilliant Stevie Wonder is...his music sung by ANYONE else is FUCKING DULL!!!!!!!!111
Old 03-11-06, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Big Quasimodo
I seem to recall Randy J saying, this season, that Stevie W is one of the greatest male vocalists ever and that people shouldn't attempt to sing his songs unless they were gonna change them up and not do an impression (or something like that).

I know!! They do this all the time..they slam people for doing an accomplished artists song, then praise them for the same thing!! And now they are doing a whole show on it?? I think the genres are hard enough, but how in the world is Bucky gonna do Stevie Wonder? I think it will really benefit Ace and Elliot the most.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.