Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Elimination Show (Final 12 are Chosen!) -- 03/09/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who's going home tonight?
Melissa McGhee
48.21%
Ayla Brown
28.57%
Kinnik Sky
89.29%
Lisa Tucker
7.14%
Kellie Pickler
0%
Paris Bennett
7.14%
Will Makar
71.43%
Bucky Covington
16.07%
Kevin Covais
69.64%
Gedeon McKinney
30.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

American Idol -- Elimination Show (Final 12 are Chosen!) -- 03/09/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fear that Kevin is going to be the Scott Savol for 06 Idol. I mean, he seems like a great kid and all that...but I don't think he should be competing at this level with his limited experience (life in general, not just singing). I don't even like Gedeon and I was shocked he left instead of Kevin (or Bucky who I can't stand for a laundry list of reasons).
Old 03-10-06, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Im actually happy with the final 12....I liked Bucky more than Gedeon and Melissa more than Ayla. I dont think they will last a real long time, but I liked them more. I think some people underestimate the country music fans votes. There are alot out there.

This group though is VERY diverse. I really like it alot.

My favorites are Taylor, Chris, Kellie and Catherine.
Old 03-10-06, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Gideon had by far the most bizarre sentence ever uttered on American Idol.

"The Blood of Christ saves me!"

WTF?
I thought I heard that, but was sure it was my ears playing tricks on me.

Kinnik showed a lot of poise and dignity as she said goodbye.
Old 03-10-06, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ytrez
I thought those guys got arrested.
they did.. were arrested for identity theft/fraud

maybe they are out on bail
Old 03-10-06, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez
Gideon had by far the most bizarre sentence ever uttered on American Idol.

"The Blood of Christ saves me!"

WTF?
But the vote of the American people did not!!!!
Old 03-10-06, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by twikoff
they did.. were arrested for identity theft/fraud

maybe they are out on bail
I bet they had a good time in prison.

If you know what I mean.

Last edited by RockStrongo; 03-10-06 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-10-06, 08:36 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
With what the Brittenum twins were wearing, surely they were from the future... or the Tennessee penal system issues white track suits.

Sad to see Ayla go, but she would have been gone anyways.

Before March is over Bucky, Kevin and Melissa will be gone.
Old 03-10-06, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really enjoy watching Amerian Idol, but I am starting to see a flaw~

By voting in Kevin and other untalented singers based on sympathy or looks but never really committing a fan base that would ever buy a CD or attend a concert of theirs, they are risking AI losing it's credibility. I think that has already happened with Rueben and Fantasia who seeminly disappeared off the planet. Once we can't take this competition seriously, (think how soon America realized you cant find true love on The Bachelor...everyone who gets picked ends up breaking up anyway, and now that show is just a joke). And I would hate to see that happen because I really like this show. So vote for someone you really would support...at the music stores, and I doubt you all would be lining up for the best of Kevin Covais!
Old 03-10-06, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by magiccmom
I really enjoy watching Amerian Idol, but I am starting to see a flaw~

By voting in Kevin and other untalented singers based on sympathy or looks but never really committing a fan base that would ever buy a CD or attend a concert of theirs, they are risking AI losing it's credibility. I think that has already happened with Rueben and Fantasia who seeminly disappeared off the planet. Once we can't take this competition seriously, (think how soon America realized you cant find true love on The Bachelor...everyone who gets picked ends up breaking up anyway, and now that show is just a joke). And I would hate to see that happen because I really like this show. So vote for someone you really would support...at the music stores, and I doubt you all would be lining up for the best of Kevin Covais!
This has always been an issue since the first season.

In the end though, I think America votes the best person as Idol (or top 2 or 3). Kelly, Clay and Carrie have had good success so far. I really think there are some this year that will be as successful or more.

I wouldnt compare it to the Bachelor (that show sucks )
Old 03-10-06, 09:29 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Well I called it: Kevin's fans rallied and saved him, and Kinnik didn't have a fan base big enough to help her. If they hadn't told us that Kevin was in the bottom three last week, I guarantee Gedeon would have made the top twelve. "Starry Starry Night?" Please!

Melissa was a bit of a surprise. I almost voted for her (even though she's not my favorite, she's talented enough to deserve a slot in the final 12). I think she's slowly siphoning votes from Kellie, which in my mind is a good thing. I felt bad for Ayla, but somebody had to go.

Losing Gedeon was a bit of a disappointment for me. I really liked his style. Unfortunately, he's too old fashioned for the typical voters on this show. Heck, all the songs he sang were originally recorded before I was born, and I'm in my thirties.

I'm not a fan of Bucky, but he deserves to be where he's at. I don't think he'll last long, but I do hope he steals votes from Kellie.
Old 03-10-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gideon was better then bucky hands down....
Old 03-10-06, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gideon was much better than Kevin, Will, Bucky or Ace.
Also, Ayla was better than Melissa.

Neither one deserved to go last night.
Old 03-10-06, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by raven56706
Gideon was better then bucky hands down....
I agree, but I dont think he had a big fan base. He was a little generic and his songs were kind of old.

He was more talented than Kevin and Bucky, but they are more original.
Old 03-10-06, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Overall was happy with the choices, I couldn't stand Will or Kinnik. I didn't hate Ayla or Gedeon, but I wanted Melissa and Bucky to make the top12... amazed that chicken little is still in it...flat out shocked.

Anyone else notice that Seacrest must have told Ayla she didn't make it during the break. When they came back from commercial, Melissa actually seemed in suspense, but Ayla was looking squashed, and her lip was ALREADY quiverring into a cry. He must have known she wouldn't take it well so he gave her that extra minute to deal... She seemed like a nice girl, but chosing that Natasha Beddingfield song (which is a very good pop song) was just the WRONG choice for her...it's not a singer's song...

MATT
Old 03-10-06, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Anyone else notice that Seacrest must have told Ayla she didn't make it during the break. When they came back from commercial, Melissa actually seemed in suspense, but Ayla was looking squashed, and her lip was ALREADY quiverring into a cry. He must have known she wouldn't take it well so he gave her that extra minute to deal... She seemed like a nice girl, but chosing that Natasha Beddingfield song (which is a very good pop song) was just the WRONG choice for her...it's not a singer's song...

MATT
I doubt he told her....I think she was just feeling the pressure. She probably thought she was safe and was surprised that she was even standing there.

She seemed like the type who didnt know how to lose.
Old 03-10-06, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Losing Gedeon was a bit of a disappointment for me. I really liked his style. Unfortunately, he's too old fashioned for the typical voters on this show. Heck, all the songs he sang were originally recorded before I was born, and I'm in my thirties.
I just watched the show and damn I am disappointed Gideon is gone. He was weirder than a 3-dollar bill, but for me, he was THE BEST male vocalist. Hard to believe he is only 17.

Kevin was saved by the blood of Gideon.

P.S. Taylor Hicks is weirder than a 3-dollar bill too!
Old 03-10-06, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Katherine McPhee but I tend to agree that she may be a snob, at least from the what I have seen of her so far.
Old 03-10-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, I actually had all 4 right.

I thought Geddeon may of been the best singer there, but the dude was really a goofy fucker that did not really connect with anyone, hence no fanbase and getting the expected boot. He really nailed that song in his farewell performance and might be in the final 12 if he had done that the night before.

Just from reading the posts on this forum it was obvious that Melissa had enough fans to keep her in another week. While Ayla did not seem to be really disliked by anyone or stand out as being particulary bad, she did not seem to have any fanbase either. She'll be forgotten in a week.

Anyone that actually thought that Chicken Little was going this week, has not been paying attention to the voting trends for this show over the years.

Last edited by Bugg; 03-10-06 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-10-06, 11:14 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy
I like Katherine McPhee but I tend to agree that she may be a snob, at least from the what I have seen of her so far.

I have no problem with that I don't think she'll win, but she'll go far in this
Old 03-10-06, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bugg
Anyone that actually thought that Chicken Little was going this week, has not been paying attention to the voting trends for this show over the years.
Absolutely, those who are new to the show need to realize that talent is only a piece of the idol puzzle.

Im sure this season will not be any different. We will see more surprises and one or some of the better singers may get ousted quicker than we think.

I think its shaping up to be the best season since season 1 though.

Next week - Chris has to sing Stevie Wonder...that should be interesting. Also, I wonder what Stevie Wonder thinks of Taylor and his gray hair??

Last edited by RockStrongo; 03-10-06 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-10-06, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Katherine Mcphee's lady lumps =
Old 03-10-06, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by raven56706
Katherine Mcphee's lady lumps =
Id take Kellie over her and probably Melissa.

That being said, id take any of the top 12 over Brenna...guys included.
Old 03-10-06, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ugghh. Why does it have to be Stevie Wonder next week?!? Haven't we heard enough of his songs on this show.
Old 03-10-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Ugghh. Why does it have to be Stevie Wonder next week?!? Haven't we heard enough of his songs on this show.
How the hell is Stevie Wonder a genre? I always said the genre music is gonna make the people I like (Taylor, Chris, maybe even Kellie) struggle.
Old 03-10-06, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
Oh come on, we will probably get to hear Kevin sing Ebony and Ivory.

At least Sway is gone.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.