Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/07/06

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be eliminated on Leg 2?
Lake & Michelle
0%
Danielle & Dani
0%
BJ & Tyler
3.70%
Ray & Yolanda
0%
David & Lori
3.70%
Lisa & Joni
74.07%
Joseph & Monica
0%
Wanda & Desiree
3.70%
Eric & Jeremy
0%
Fran & Barry
14.81%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

The Amazing Race 9 -- 3/07/06

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Well there are the "Frat Boys." Who are not doing much to change the stereotype of the frat boy type.
How can they be frat boys if they never went to school?!?
Old 03-07-06, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
Team Hemp is the most entertaining team since the two circuis clowns.
Old 03-08-06, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hope Lake falls off a cliff or gets run over by a car. I try to imagine him at him and I see him with a beer in one hand beating his wife with the other. Him and the supposed "Frat Boys" are nerving me.

This is my first season so forgive my ignorance, do the finishing positions or times affect the future at all? Like today the teams started at different times according to where they finished last week.
Old 03-08-06, 01:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Daniel-A
I hope Lake falls off a cliff or gets run over by a car. I try to imagine him at him and I see him with a beer in one hand beating his wife with the other. Him and the supposed "Frat Boys" are nerving me.

This is my first season so forgive my ignorance, do the finishing positions or times affect the future at all? Like today the teams started at different times according to where they finished last week.
They leave 12 hours after they arrive!

Chris
Old 03-08-06, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
They leave 12 hours after they arrive!

Chris
Ah, thanks for that. In the last thread I asked and was led to believe finish time didn't relate to start time.

So historically do any teams that are trailing come back to do well? Or does a lead in the early episodes lend to a win/high place in the end?
Old 03-08-06, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Ah, thanks for that. In the last thread I asked and was led to believe finish time didn't relate to start time.

So historically do any teams that are trailing come back to do well? Or does a lead in the early episodes lend to a win/high place in the end?
whoops, answered a different question.

I think the early episodes, teams bounce around in order of finish because there are just so many teams. Generally, there will be certain teams that consistently finish high and they tend to do well because they are physically a good team or work well together (don't argue, etc) and are smart and can finish the tasks fast. Weaker teams can stick around and get by through luck but generally the top finishers will be the strongest competitors.

Edit: even then luck plays a big part in determining the winner as there was at least three teams that went on to win the whole race that had finished last in one leg but were not eliminated because it was non-elimination. It happened late in the race but they were lucky to be not eliminated.

Last edited by chowderhead; 03-08-06 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Leaving last on the next leg is rarely the reason a team will be eliminated. Ever since they had two teams 24 hours ahead of the two trailing teams in Season 1, the producers have engineered the show in a way that a team would have to be completely incompetent to fall too far behind.
Old 03-08-06, 01:49 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
I saw tyler tonight down at my local safeway.

for those of you who know sf, it was the ghetto safeway on Webster.

Barry and his mrs are the worst racers ever/.
Old 03-08-06, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy

Barry and his mrs are the worst racers ever/.
I think they are right up there approaching the pizza guys who quit.
Let's walk around blindly looking for a clue box when we could just wait for another team to show up and follow them.
Let's pick the task that involves putting a motocycle together when neither one of us are that mechanical. Let's pick the physically demanding task of climbing a waterfall over pressing sugar canes and making ethanol. MORANS!!!!
Old 03-08-06, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chowderhead
I think they are right up there approaching the pizza guys who quit.
Let's pick the task that involves putting a motocycle together when neither one of us are that mechanical. Let's pick the physically demanding task of climbing a waterfall over pressing sugar canes and making ethanol. MORANS!!!!
Good one. Ya moran.
Old 03-08-06, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good one. Ya moran.
Do a search, it's a
joke
Old 03-08-06, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I saw tyler tonight down at my local safeway.
Was he still wearing orange pants?

Lake reminds me of Colin without the totally awesome racing skills and with a funny accent. Michelle does not remind me of Christie; few do.
Old 03-08-06, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Do a search, it's a
joke
You can't make me search. And I don't mind not being part of any insideternet jokes.
Old 03-08-06, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dammit, I didn't know this was coming on tonight (I was at work all day). Is there any chance it'll be repeated on another channel?
Old 03-08-06, 03:11 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad the bitches are gone!

Damn that Desiree is nice, surprised that frat boys aren't after her.

Last edited by Fok; 03-08-06 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's pretty rare that the teams I found the most annoying during the pilot actually end up leaving 1, 2.

Ah, Phil's facial expressions crack me up.
Old 03-08-06, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

There are always a few episodes at the beginning of the race that are gimmes, with the lesser teams getting eliminated. Once this few episodes are finished, it really starts to get interesting.

Right now, with the Glamazons gone, the old team are probably the next to go, with the two hot chicks being close behind. I think that Lake will probably be able to carry his team for another few weeks, despite being a total ass (although he was pretty well behaved last night). Of course, all of this is dependant on editting.

If I had to choose, I would rather fight Ray than Yolanda. That chick scares me.
Old 03-08-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
I agree with the poster above who said the "frat boys" are full of shit. I have found that those who are that obnoxious about chasing tail are not getting anything but their hand.
Old 03-08-06, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As far as the hot daughter goes, maybe it is just me but she reminds me of a young Natalie Portman.

Also, like in the past, nothing like a good old stop on the race that does not open until a specific time to negate the roughly 2 hour window between first and last place to start the show. I definitely agree that the old team is almost definitely next to go.

And anyone that has this still recorded, could they figure out and post exactly what the Team Emo guy said his girlfriend was because I thought it was hilarious.
Old 03-08-06, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Those frat boys are so freakin horny that I expect them to be hitting on the old lady soon
Old 03-08-06, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
As far as the hot daughter goes, maybe it is just me but she reminds me of a young Natalie Portman.
Actually, I think she looks and acts very much like Rory Gilmore (forget her real name).
Old 03-08-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
loved phil's reaction to the "i'm gonna slap you, woman" remark. the single raised eyebrow.

god, the frosties were awful. and the old couple are horrible, and are only in because the frosties were so damn bad.

i was with BJ and Tyler. Why did 5 people go up one fire escape, when there were 3? yet another bad decision for the old couple (5th up fire escape 1). they are making HORRIBLE decisions.

lake wasn't as annoying this episode, except for his completely unnecessary screaming while climbing the rope.

damn, yolanda has some thick, strong legs! again, i say, damn!

yeah, lazy jocks, i'm sure you're going to get some sex on this race... maybe from the male prostitute. Are we expecting this team to become the next gay team over the course of the race?
Old 03-08-06, 09:48 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by the big train
Was he still wearing orange pants?
No on the orange pants, they were red...

he was with his gf, small asian girl, she was talking to someone on the phone who was sitting down watching the show, this was probably 730 pacific time.

and he had a bluetooth earpiece in.
Old 03-08-06, 09:57 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Schloob1

And anyone that has this still recorded, could they figure out and post exactly what the Team Emo guy said his girlfriend was because I thought it was hilarious.
It ended with hotty in pilates or something like that.
Old 03-08-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was like hottie boom bottie on pilates.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.