Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Invasion 1/25/06

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Invasion 1/25/06

Another good episode featuring flashbacks to Tom's own "rebirth" of sorts, and intercuts with Tom getting shot by an unknown assailant. Mariel's blood was the key for Tom's survival from the bullet wounds.

Larkin almost spills the beans, but Russell convinces her to keep it on the Q.T. for the time being, though Larkin is scared of the pod people.

The pods don't like humans stricken with disease, so only the healthy are converted.
Old 01-25-06, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good one
Old 01-25-06, 10:30 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another great episode.

Unbelievable how much this has improved, and how much has improved in the past 3 or 4 episodes after so little happened in the first 8 or so.

Easily my second favorite show behind Lost now, and gaining quickly on that will Lost fading slightly in it's second season.
Old 01-26-06, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
Pretty good ep. It was good to finally get to see some of Tom's origin. It makes sense that he is the thing keeping order among the hybrids, but I'm just not sure how much I really like his character, so I don't fully like the idea that he is so important. Anyway, the show gets great marks for me in how much it has improved since the beginning of the season. I'm hoping that we are going to be able to get some closure if ABC cans it.
Old 01-26-06, 07:23 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

good episode.
Old 01-26-06, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had quite a few "holy shit!" reations during this episode that I usually would have had for Lost. Very glad I stuck with this, because it's picking up real fast. Hopefully not too fast.
Old 01-26-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Liked tonight's episode better than LOST's (not sure if I would of ever thought that possible).
Anybody else think the "hall closet" is where he kept the stash of guns that the militia of pod people received last episode?
Old 01-26-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, well this is a turn of events. I had almost written this show off for good but boy did they turn things around. On the other hand, I'm now considering dropping a show that I thought was 'must view': Lost.
Old 01-26-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Unbelievable how much this has improved, and how much has improved in the past 3 or 4 episodes after so little happened in the first 8 or so.
I was so tempted to stop watching this show several times before the winter hiatus, but now I am so glad I never did. It's a pity that so many other viewers have probably bailed on this show long ago when nothing was happening. They are missing some good stuff now.
Old 01-26-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Guess I'm one of few who think the show has been good since day one. I wonder if the first Ep, so soon after a real, devastating hurricane, influenced any viewers to turn it off. (I remember they had a disclosure at the beginning.) That eerie "ripped from the headlines" feel will be lost on those who watch this on DVD only.

Interesting idea about the weapons cache closet. I took it as a 'end of the world" storage unit (canned food, etc) that had been wiped out/moved, but I like yours better. :-)
Old 01-26-06, 02:17 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode started out really good, but I ended up hating it by the end. Larkin's storyline was horrible. How can she possibly think she can just say that stuff on the air with no evidence and it will help anything? Russell telling Mariel she has to save her husband was ridiculous. I knew the closet reveal probably wouldn't be that good, but it was still very anticlimatic. The flashbacks were kind of annoying because unless I'm mistaken, they were half flashback and half dream. It gives the viewer the feeling that they're not seeing what really happened. Also, it didn't really give any insight into Tom's psyche because they kind of abandoned the dream thing.
Old 01-26-06, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good ep IMO.

In the past couple weeks, this show has really picked up some speed. Thank God. After the first part of the season, it was running a little too slow. But now i'm anticipating each new episode greatly.

I'm anxious to see when the "clone army" makes their return on the show.
Old 01-26-06, 06:29 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts
Another great episode. I really like the direction this show is taking.
Old 01-27-06, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So everyone is now going to keep the "secret". Tom is the key. It seems the show was off just a little. Were Russell and his family the only ones to not know? Could Larkin really think that just if she said it, people in the viewing audience would believe it? That doesn't seem the mark of a Journalist, "It's true because I say so." Glad she opted to just do the remote as planned.

Curious to see where we go now.
Old 01-27-06, 01:24 PM

It feels like this show has an actual plan for a long arc. A lot of the other serial shows (even the most popular ones ie: Lost and 24) really feel like they're making it up as they go. So even though the beginning of the season was slow, it seems right. This show is going to be a good one to watch on DVD over a short couple of days.

The biggest problem is the weakness of the characters/actors, none of the seem like real people and only the charisma of William Fichtner and Kari Matchett make their characters rise above the reat of the cast. There have been a few hints that the sheffif was more than just "the bad guy" but this episode really added a third dimension. Hopefully the producers will do some more work on the other side of the family. Larkin and Internet Dave are awfully underdeveloped especially recently since there has been more emphasis on the sherrif.

I thought I read that they had already been picked up for a second season, right?
Old 01-27-06, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Love it! After such a slow drawn out beginning, it is finally hitting its stride...I am really enjoying it now. But once everything is revealed, how many seasons can this last? What would the second season focus on? Are the militant kids in the south Tom's effort to keep the others changing at bay, or are they to take over the town ?