Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy and Angel thought

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 11:42 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy and Angel thought

After listening to Joss Wedon's radio interview that the buffyverse isn't quite dead yet and the fact that the cast who went to other shows, thier shows are getting canceled AKA True Calling, Alias, Kitchen Confiedntial, and Michelle Gellar's movie career hasn't gone well, do you think maybe they will return if Joss Wedon puts a call back. I was surpised in his radio address to hear they tried to do something with Faith's character, maybe now they can return to that. We can only hope.
Old 12-16-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Veronica Mars can only have so many guest spots.
Old 12-16-05, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Sarah Michelle never wants to play Buffy again, and David has stated that he'd only be interested in playing Angel again if it were a big-screen version.
Old 12-16-05, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Sarah Michelle never wants to play Buffy again, and David has stated that he'd only be interested in playing Angel again if it were a big-screen version.
While Buffy can rot in the vast depths of hell (the character, not the show),
I agree with Boreanaz on this one- ANGEL itself practically was a feature film each week...imagine what they could do if the show made that transition?
As long as Buffy isn't involved (or most of those Buffy-centric characters) I'm up for whatever it is Whedon and/or Minear come up with.
Old 12-16-05, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I still secretly hope for a Faith, The Vampire Slayer spin off.
Personally I think you would only need to bring Giles and Willow along for it to work.
Old 12-16-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm still waiting for the Ripper spinoff.
Old 12-16-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gellers movie career has just started. She has about 3 pictures lined up already and she just signed on for a Grudge sequel.
I really wish she would consider. Boreanz too.
I am one who does not want to see just a Spike movie. Spike and Illyria and other cast members but not just Spike. It wont work.
Old 12-16-05, 03:01 PM

Although I'd probably enjoy most any of these possible spin-offs, I think I'd rather see Whedon and friends just move on and work on something else, Get Wonder Woman and Goners done, do a third feature film and then come back to television with a brand new concept. I would like to see a few of the loose ends from Firefly tired up, especially with Shepard Book, but I think Buffy and Angel were ended nicely, and should probably be left alone.
Old 12-16-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I'm still waiting for the Ripper spinoff.
Me too.
Old 12-16-05, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Agree with gfoots. Firefly had a lot of potential and it's a real shame it wasn't able to develop. I think Buffy, Angel and Firefly all show that Joss has not only a knack for writing, but also picking good actors and putting together a good TV product. I'm confident a new premise would be just as entertaining.
Old 12-16-05, 05:31 PM

I think the next Joss Wheadon show should be on Showtime or HBO. Where he does not have to worry about it being cancelled, does not have to have it work around commercials, and would not have to worry about censors.
Old 12-16-05, 05:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I would like to see a Faith and Willow spinoff duo on HBO now that has potentials. No censors either.
Old 12-16-05, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've always heard SMG was open to a Buffy movie if the right script and timing comes into play. I'd imagine her and Joss going for one more outing with the character a few years down the road, since there would certainly be money to be made with a big screen Buffy/Angel movie.
Old 12-16-05, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by sjrab16
I think the next Joss Wheadon show should be on Showtime or HBO. Where he does not have to worry about it being cancelled, does not have to have it work around commercials, and would not have to worry about censors.
HBO/Showtime can help him with the latter two, but their shows aren't immune from viewership issues any more than any other outlet is -- shows have to pull their weight or suffer. Joss quite possibly could bring in an acceptable audience on these channels, but we need to be clear that cancellation would be a danger if it didn't happen just like it has been anywhere else -- these pay channels aren't altruistic trusts.
Old 12-16-05, 06:44 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Originally Posted by themovieguru
After listening to Joss Wedon's radio interview that the buffyverse isn't quite dead yet and the fact that the cast who went to other shows, thier shows are getting canceled AKA True Calling, Alias, Kitchen Confiedntial, and Michelle Gellar's movie career hasn't gone well, do you think maybe they will return if Joss Wedon puts a call back. I was surpised in his radio address to hear they tried to do something with Faith's character, maybe now they can return to that. We can only hope.
SMG has had 2 Scooby movies and "The Grudge" (and a part 2 coming) which all made crap loads of movie. the ones that weren't successful came when she was doing the show, save for "I Know What You Did..." and "Scream 2" which were also huge.
Old 12-16-05, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
SMG has had 2 Scooby movies and "The Grudge" (and a part 2 coming) which all made crap loads of movie. the ones that weren't successful came when she was doing the show, save for "I Know What You Did..." and "Scream 2" which were also huge.
I'm not sure if this is a mistake or not.

But, I fogot to mention in my last post that it is ridiculous to say SMG's movie career is a flop at this point. She hasn't been in a lot of movies lately, but they have all been very successful and she has several lined up for next year.
Old 12-17-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd be all over a Buffy/Angel movie. Too bad Firefly didn't make it. Those characters were quite interesting.
Old 12-17-05, 04:36 PM

what about Dead Like Me? That was one of the best shows ever (to me at least), and it got canned after 2 seasons...boo showtime...BOO
Old 12-19-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I'd like to see more stories from the Buffy/Angel universe. I wouldn't count Boreanaz/Gellar out yet, but I'm not holding my breath for them either. Either way, I don't feel like a new story would have to include them anyway. There are a few characters (or combinations of characters) that could hold their own show, IMO.
Old 12-19-05, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Xander
There are a few characters (or combinations of characters) that could hold their own show, IMO.
I've been hoping for a Spike/Illyria spinoff, myself. I loved the way those two interacted during the final episodes of Angel, and as soon as Illyria started getting really interesting, the show was over.
Old 12-19-05, 03:27 PM

How rare is it to get 7 seasons of a show that never drops drastically in quality, and gets the opportunity to end gracefully. I think I would actually be dissapointed in Whedon if he came back to Buffy. We should be happy to have seen something good that ended before it ever got shitty.
Old 12-19-05, 10:33 PM

While I don't think Buffy managed seven seasons without a drop in quality (last two nearly put me to sleep at times) I do take that stance with Angel, the way the story ended was just perfect. Buffy could stand a movie just for some real closure.
Old 12-19-05, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know Buffy and Angel are in the same universe, but i considered Angel a superior show. I do wish one day Angel comes back in a tv feature or a tv movie. I don't really care how. Also, no Buffy crossovers. Angel was perfect how it was.
Old 12-20-05, 10:34 AM

I'll take more Eliza Dushku however I can. It's too bad Tru Calling was in a bad time slot... and lame.
Old 12-20-05, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the next Joss Wheadon show should be on Showtime or HBO. Where he does not have to worry about it being cancelled
Tell that to Daniel Knauf...

As for Buffy/Angel, it sounds like Joss has the right attitude. He's aware that there is continued interest, and he's open to the idea of continuing the Buffyverse... but only when the time (and ideas) are right. I look forward to seeing what he comes up with -- with or without SMG.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.