Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy and Angel thought

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lara Means
I know Buffy and Angel are in the same universe, but i considered Angel a superior show. I do wish one day Angel comes back in a tv feature or a tv movie. I don't really care how. Also, no Buffy crossovers. Angel was perfect how it was.

HELL YES !
Old 12-20-05, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebomber
While I don't think Buffy managed seven seasons without a drop in quality (last two nearly put me to sleep at times) I do take that stance with Angel, the way the story ended was just perfect. Buffy could stand a movie just for some real closure.

I understand that a lot of people thought the last two seasons were not as good, so i used the word "drastically." personally I prefer the continuing storyline during the last two seasons over the earlier ones. I never watched the show when it was originally broadcast, so I didn't have to wait between episodes.

I love the way Angel ended, but it certainly didn't end with closure. Buffy was just the opposite, after years of struggling with being the slayer versus having a normal life, she has finally closed the hellmouth and shared her gift with girls around the world giving her the opportunity to decide for herself how she wants to live her life. Closure.
Old 12-20-05, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I don't think Buffy managed seven seasons without a drop in quality (last two nearly put me to sleep at times) I do take that stance with Angel, the way the story ended was just perfect. Buffy could stand a movie just for some real closure.
Buffy was a snoozer the last two seasons (except for Once More with Feeling.)

I love the way Angel ended, but it certainly didn't end with closure.

Joss intended the ending to mean they were always going to be fighting for the greater good.
Angel went out with a bang. Buffy went out with a whimper.
Old 12-20-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Buffy was a snoozer the last two seasons (except for Once More with Feeling.)

I love the way Angel ended, but it certainly didn't end with closure.

Joss intended the ending to mean they were always going to be fighting for the greater good.
Angel went out with a bang. Buffy went out with a whimper.
Again, I say HELL YES!
Old 12-21-05, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think a lot of people can't handle change, the subject matter and tone of the show really changed in the last two seasons. There were some times as i watched the last seasons unfold that I thought it was a little slow and depressing but that was the point. By the end, you were at the right emotional state for the way the arc was ending. The end of season six is one of the highest points of any series.
Old 12-21-05, 01:35 PM

Just a heads up for anyone who needs more Buffyverse. The Buffy novels which are usually seperate from the show, have produced a sequel to Buffy. "Queen Of The Slayers" picks up where BTVS ended, with the hellmouth in Cleveland heating up, and Buffy going to hang with the Immortal, while training all the new slayers. It's quite interesting so far. Hope they do one for Angel.
Old 12-22-05, 07:52 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Tv guide wrote once that once in a great while a tv show comes along where people actually care about the characters and what happens to them. The stories are good and the cast is great. I guess I miss that. I have tried watching all the shows on TV so far and nothing seemes to hold a candle to these two series.