Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Let's talk about THE APPRENTICE and THE APPRENTICE: MARTHA STEWART

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-05, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Let's talk about THE APPRENTICE and THE APPRENTICE: MARTHA STEWART

Let's talk about the finales for both shows.

Predictions? Comments?

Randall vs. Rebecca

Dawna vs. Bethenny

We haven't gotten the Randall/Rebecca show yet on the West Coast, but my money's on Randy. He's a favorite.

And Dawna is a shoo-in for Martha. Bethenny doesn't seem to have a chance.

What do you think?
Old 12-15-05, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little late, as it just ended on the East Coast.

All I will say is that it is worth seeing the end.
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, it's over for the Donald's pick:

Spoiler:
Randall got the nod to be the Apprentice, but he lost points in my eyes when Trump made overtures to also pick up Rebecca, but Randall wanted to be THE Apprentice, and shot down Trump's idea to hire Rebecca. He didn't want to share the spotlight, or Rebecca steal his thunder.
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Won't spoil the Trump version for you, but it has a good ending... and I guarantee it's not what you think
Old 12-15-05, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why combine the threads? They deserve seperate threads, not everyone watches both shows (I know I don't!)
Old 12-15-05, 10:05 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Damn, Randall is a
Spoiler:
DICK!
Old 12-15-05, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
I agree that
Spoiler:
Randall came off like a total prick tonight.

For all I know, though, that could've been planned or scripted. I don't fully trust this show to be authentic. It seemed pretty out-of-character for him, so I can't really tell if

a) It was planned/scripted,
b) He's showing his true colors, or
c) They edited out anything negative about him in the previous shows.

And is it just me, or does Randall look like a cartoon character or muppet?
Old 12-15-05, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
Well, it's over for the Donald's pick:

Spoiler:
Randall got the nod to be the Apprentice, but he lost points in my eyes when Trump made overtures to also pick up Rebecca, but Randall wanted to be THE Apprentice, and shot down Trump's idea to hire Rebecca. He didn't want to share the spotlight, or Rebecca steal his thunder.

Spoiler:
You know in a sense I agree but Rebecca has been very snippy towards Randall especially in the boardroom. That started to surface during that "radio" challenge. Certainly they are opponents--but it's always been a little over the line IMO...
Old 12-15-05, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 435 Likes on 298 Posts
I went from liking
Spoiler:
Randal
to completely disliking in 5 seconds. If I had been Trump I would have
Spoiler:
fired Randal and hired Rebecca
Old 12-15-05, 10:09 PM

Damn - I don't think I've ever posted in the TV forum, but I was compelled to tonight after what happened at the end of the Apprentice finale!

I couldn't believe Randall... I mean, are you serious? One of the most petty things I've ever seen in my life.
Old 12-15-05, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by MeatheadBMC
I went from liking
Spoiler:
Randal
to completely disliking in 5 seconds. If I had been Trump I would have
Spoiler:
fired Randal and hired Rebecca

Spoiler:
Come to think of it, that pretty much maxed a lot of his "cool points" for me. There had to have been a better way for it to go down. Trump actually looked disappointed--and that's actually rare...
Old 12-15-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I havne't watched all year so i have no idea about these contestants, but i caught the end because the woman is from 'Sota. I can't believe that guy did that.

All he had to do was say the same thing he said, about one apprentice, but then add "But if I were you, i'd hire her right after the show"
Old 12-15-05, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts
Actually, I'd go a little further and say that
Spoiler:
Randall showed a lot of disrespect for Donald Trump by putting him on the spot like that during a live telecast.

Trump wouldn't have been out of line to fire him on the spot for that.
Old 12-15-05, 10:17 PM

Bet Trump puts her on the other project anyway...he liked her and obviously thought she would be good for business. Basically, the show came down to clique's and Randall had more friends.

Frankly, for pure business, I'd hire Alla. I thought she was better than either.
DVD Talk Hero

That would have been hilarious (Re: post #13).
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Spoiler:
Are you all serious? First, if Trump wanted to hire her he would have. Period. Second, who's to say if he had said that Trump should hire her that Trump wouldn't have said that Randall must think his decision was a mistake and that he would go with Rebecca instead. Randall fought hard (as did Rebecca) but he shouldn't be slammed for wanting an outright victory. It could have been a test of his "killer instinct".
Old 12-15-05, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nefarious
Spoiler:
Are you all serious? First, if Trump wanted to hire her he would have. Period. Second, who's to say if he had said that Trump should hire her that Trump wouldn't have said that Randall must think his decision was a mistake and that he would go with Rebecca instead. Randall fought hard (as did Rebecca) but he shouldn't be slammed for wanting an outright victory. It could have been a test of his "killer instinct".
But instead, it came off as an exposure of the imature pettiness of a "me, me" glory hog.
Old 12-15-05, 10:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I agree that
Spoiler:
Randall came off like a total prick tonight.

For all I know, though, that could've been planned or scripted. I don't fully trust this show to be authentic. It seemed pretty out-of-character for him, so I can't really tell if

a) It was planned/scripted,
b) He's showing his true colors, or
c) They edited out anything negative about him in the previous shows.

And is it just me, or does Randall look like a cartoon character or muppet?
Trump seemed surprised he was being a dick about it.

Yahoo probably couldn't get that guy out there fast enough after they saw that boardroom.
Old 12-15-05, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
I don't think it was a test at all. Trump was planning it when he asked them which jobs they would choose and when Rebecca picked New Jersey he knew that it would be easy to hire both. Randal was a prick and arrogant in his celebration as well.

I did love the way Yahoo was shamed into the donation by Trump though.
Old 12-15-05, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Randall was my pick to win. But he was my pick because I thought he was a nice guy as well as a good businessman. Obviously, I now feel differently. I wouldn't feel the same if it were someone like Marcus instead of Rebecca. But Rebecca was his close friend and partner on many tasks. And you know she would have said yes if the sides were reversed.
Old 12-15-05, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Spoiler:
So why didn't Trump just say, "I can understand your position Randall, but no offense, I'm hiring her."? I told my wife last week that I thought they'd throw the curve ball and hire both. When Trump said it made it easy after they picked opposite projects I thought it confirmed it. Despite that, I don't think for a minute that if Trump really, truly wanted to hire her that he would back down from it just because Randall said no. That would be just as crazy as Rebecca taking what Yahoo! said as gospel about not asking for money.
Old 12-15-05, 10:30 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nefarious, I don't buy that at all.
Spoiler:
He had already picked Randall. Randall was in the clear. I know he doesn't like weakness in the competition, but how is showing support for his opponent after the fact weakness? Furthermore, Trump never said "Do you think Rebecca should be the Apprentice as well?" He said, "Should I also hire Rebecca?" Do me the implication was that Randall clearly won the game, but that Trump liked Rebecca enough to hire as well. I honestly thought Trump (mistakenly) assumed he'd lob the obvious setup over to Randall, and Randall (as the winner) would say some generic nice thing and Trump would offer that other job to Rebecca. Hell, he even said "This will make things a bit easier" when they picked different projects. Randall's move was selfish beyond belief.
Old 12-15-05, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
yeah, I agree. Randall really came off as an arrogant prick.

So basically in 2006, I will see the Trump condo build right in front of my eyes. My office windows is facing it @ 12 o'clock.
Old 12-15-05, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by DRG
Nefarious, I don't buy that at all.
Spoiler:
He had already picked Randall. Randall was in the clear. I know he doesn't like weakness in the competition, but how is showing support for his opponent after the fact weakness? Furthermore, Trump never said "Do you think Rebecca should be the Apprentice as well?" He said, "Should I also hire Rebecca?" Do me the implication was that Randall clearly won the game, but that Trump liked Rebecca enough to hire as well. I honestly thought Trump (mistakenly) assumed he'd lob the obvious setup over to Randall, and Randall (as the winner) would say some generic nice thing and Trump would offer that other job to Rebecca. Hell, he even said "This will make things a bit easier" when they picked different projects. Randall's move was selfish beyond belief.
No doubt Trump lobbed it straight to Randall but ironically, the man with five degrees was to stupid to catch it.

Also bet the people working for Randall will have nice water cooler conversations about how big of a prick he was tonight.

Last edited by slacker6; 12-15-05 at 10:40 PM.
Old 12-15-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was the first ever finale that I didn't agree with. Rebecca by far outperformed Randall on the task. From a branding aspect, his event was not even in the same league as hers. Her event felt like Yahoo. The drinks, the ice cubes, the bags, the colors . . . everything was perfect. Yahoo told her they didn't want to raise money at the event. They were the corporate sponser, they were the ones paying for the event. Any event manager knows that the number one priority is to make the client happy. She did that, even though the Yahoo execs couldn't stand up for her in the boardroom because it would have made them look bad.

Randal's event was awful. He did not represent the brand at all. Besides an Outback banner, there was nothing about the event that felt like the Outback brand. It could have been put on by The Olive Garden just as easily. I think that Randal's lack of a plan B and his poor brand management simply made Rebecca the clear winner, no matter how much money the auction made. The goal was to put on an event that pleased the sponsers. Rebecca's sponsers wanted a party, that's what she gave them.

Plus, Randal not stepping up and letting Trump hire them both is a dick move. He really showed his lack of loyalty to Rebecca. I doubt he's a member of the Trump organization for very long.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.