Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Let's talk about THE APPRENTICE and THE APPRENTICE: MARTHA STEWART

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Robertwoj
Kinda like what happened with Rupert from Survivor. After being a fan favorite, they just wanted to give him a million dollars, so they concocted the fan vote.
Remember: it's an entertainment program, not the Olympics.
Old 12-16-05, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THX7966
With all that education, Randal doesn't know the plural of "apprentice" is "apprentices" and not "apprenti"?
I think he was just having fun with it. Kind of a witty quip for off the cuff IMO.
Old 12-16-05, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Rebecca = Sandra Bullock with a degree
Old 12-16-05, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I guess Im in the minority when I say that Randall did the right thing and kicked that ugly bitch to the curb. She was soooo anoying and the people I saw in the background all shook their head when Trump proposed hiring her.

I was sick how they always had to mention her damn ankle. Didnt Randall say his GM practically raised him? How does an ankle compare to a death? If Randall was truly petty, he would have brought that up left and right. And is it me or did Rebecca seem alot older than 23? She must have been atleast 35. If she looks like that at 23, than she is going to age terribly.
Old 12-16-05, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

ugly?

do better.
Old 12-16-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

www.chicagobusiness.com

put REBECCA JARVIS in the serach and you can read some of her articles
Old 12-16-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fanboy
I think he was just having fun with it. Kind of a witty quip for off the cuff IMO.
I doubt it was off the cuff. He clearly knew about the possibility of two winners, and let it slip when he raised the issue with his "one and only apprentice" comment to the other contestants. And he had about six months to think about it, during the long hiatus between the competition and the finale.
Old 12-16-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho

ugly?

do better.

I guess I was the only one turned off by her over use of blush? She looked like a 10 year old girl that just discovered make up.
Old 12-16-05, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
What grated me most was the way she sound when she would try to come off as forceful and aggressive. It didn't sound like a calm, collected confidence but more just someone speaking louder and her voice got shaky (I'm sure nerves played into that).

I agree with the others that making a mountain out of a mole hill in relation to the broken ankle situation was pretty pathetic.
Old 12-16-05, 08:54 PM
Banned

I think Trump made the decision to want both of them when he made his speech about how the show is serious business and not just entertainment. I believe he picked Randall because of his education and experience over Rebecca but he wanted to see how he handled the decision of hiring her instead of just doing it himself.

Randall's selfishness may end up cutting his job short. Remember, Trump said that the Apprentice position could last a year or more or less. My guess is that Rebecca will be heading that New Jersey project within a few months.
Old 12-16-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can understand Randal wanting to be the "winner" but he still would have been had he graciously accepted that Rebecca be hired also. I mean look at American Idol: they have a winner of the title every year, but some of the other contestants still get offered recording contracts from the company.
Old 12-16-05, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Rebecca sounded like a beauty pageant contestant when she was addressing the Donald's questions. It sounded very forced and unnatural.

"From the great state of Minnesota..."

Then again, I don't enjoy Randal making his pitches either, mainly because I feel like he's selling me in an artificial manner.
Old 12-16-05, 10:04 PM

Not to get too far off topic, but am I the only one that thinks that Joe Piscapo pulling out of the Yahoo event makes him look like a schmuck? I mean, the event was for charity, and Piscapo couldn’t participate because of some stupid Union issue. Yet another reason to hate Unions...
Old 12-16-05, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Also, how lame was that comic they found at the last minute to replace Piscopo telling them he couldn't go on when they needed him to. Dude, your an unknown debuting on the season finale of a highly rated national TV show, GET YOUR ASS ONSTAGE!

I had to laugh when one of Rebecca's team members referred to Piscapo as a "comedy legend". Give me a break.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 12-16-05 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Commander Dan
Not to get too far off topic, but am I the only one that thinks that Joe Piscapo pulling out of the Yahoo event makes him look like a schmuck? I mean, the event was for charity, and Piscapo couldn’t participate because of some stupid Union issue. Yet another reason to hate Unions...
He pulled out the evening before. While it didn't clearly show it appeared that it was already raining. I wonder if the producers had him do it in order to try and even things up a little. Just a little conspiracy theory

I would hope that it wasn't set up by the producers for him to pull out but I agree that if he did really pull out for the reason he gave then it was pretty lame. How could he not mention that at dinner and/or as part of the negotiations before he was even mentioned to Rebecca? Also, during his phone call he made it sound like if the agreement/document was signed then his union would be ok with it. They didn't go into detail into the specifics of the agreement.
Old 12-17-05, 05:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's obvious to me the Joe Piscopo last minute pull out was a plant by the producers. It reminds me of last season when they temporarily "lost" Jessica Simpson

As much as I think Randall was the better candidate. I thaught the way he dissed Rebecca at the end was pretty classless. Trump owns many property's and employs thousands of people all over the place. He should have been more gracious and told him there's plenty of room in the orginazation for Rebecca as well.

His stock definitely went down with me at the end. Maybe the other candidates supported his decision but I think the public at large will remember him as being very selfish

My $0.2 cents

Last edited by shanester; 12-17-05 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-17-05, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course the Piscapo pull out was planned. The last task isn't about running an event, usually those things run themselves. Rather, it is about throwing a wrench into the plans at the 11th hour and seeing how well the players can remedy the situation. The MC was Rebecca's wrench, and the rain was Randal's. Every year when there is an outdoor event (Polo match, Golf match) there is always rain. The producers most likely schedule the event around the week's forecast.
Old 12-17-05, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, because weekly forecasts are soooooo reliable.
Old 12-18-05, 12:25 AM

Didn't it seem like something happened between Rebecca and Randall/the others over the last 6 months between the last task and the finale? It went from Randall and Rebecca completely respecting each other to them not wanting to be in the same room.

What happened?
Old 12-18-05, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it went something like this:

"It's on, bitch!"

I'll leave it as an exercise to the gentle reader as to who said it.
Old 12-18-05, 08:37 AM

Nice to know, most of you have selective hearing or watched a different show.

Last edited by Catch 21; 12-18-05 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-18-05, 11:28 PM

I would like to send my congrats to Dawna for winning the dead end job of Martha Stewart Apprentice.
Old 12-19-05, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by the action
I would like to send my congrats to Dawna for winning the dead end job of Martha Stewart Apprentice.
Yeah, I think Dawna will win.
Old 12-19-05, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Larry King Live at 9:00 p.m. ET
on Monday, December 19, 2005

CNN Tonight: “The Apprentice”

"The Apprentice" controversy heats up with winner Randal,
runner-up Rebecca & the Donald himself!
Should he have hired them both?
Plus, Donald Rumsfeld on Iraq!

Tonight only on Larry King Live!
Old 12-20-05, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wasn't a big fan of Randal before his classless, dick move... it only confirmed my opinion of him. He seemed like he was a little too in love with himself. I liked Rebecca a little bit more, but the ankle thing severely wore on my nerves throughout the season. Christ, it's not like she was crippled for life during the show... she broke her ankle.

Anyway, I really expected Trump to hire Rebecca as the Apprentice for some reason.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.